Please help! Anyone here from south east england or close

• 3 posts
    September 28, 2018 4:38 PM BST

Hi i was wondering if you could help me. I have a person in my care who identifies as a FtM transgender that is on the brink of suicide and as a devout Christian i am really trying to prevent them from doing so. This person has special intensive care needs and is highly dependant on me for their survival. They have no one else who can care for these very special needs of theirs  so it's very complicated situation. 

They won't listen to me because i don't identify as transgender so they just say i couldn't possibly understand anything about them. That's why i need your help. I need the help of another who identifies as transgender because it's someone they can feel they can relate to and someone that can sympathise with them. Also, someone that could understand both sides of our situation. 

Please don't tell me that I'm causing their problems by being Christian they have admitted that they would already have commited suicide 100x over if it wasn't everything i have done for them. They admit that i'm the only reason they survived in the first place.  They have very intensive care needs and keeping them alive is extremely difficult. I can only get them to surivive afew months at a time. I just need the help of someone else nearby i really need to get into contact with someone local so let me know if you live locally that i can meet up with or know someone local who can help but please don't give me the link to a local service helpline or something like that they are not helpful at all. I really just need a person. 

I don't have that much time. 

Thanks.

This post was edited by Steven Edgar at September 28, 2018 4:50 PM BST
  • September 28, 2018 8:40 PM BST

This might sound heartless, cruel, but essentially it's tough love, go to your doctor, ask about getting this person sectioned and ask about having a therapist that is experienced in gender issues appointed.

Gender dysphoria is a recognised medical condition and as such the appointed doctor would have a duty of care.   You harp on about being a Christian, are you essentially thinking this is not gods way? obviously you are confused and perhaps only thinking about saving the life, the christian thing to do, but one must also understand the issues that this condition involves.

• 3 posts
    September 28, 2018 9:04 PM BST

I appreciate the response but that's very unhelpful advice and oversimplifies the issue. It's living a normal life they're struggling with, it has nothing to do with me. They're not forced to be Dependant on me but they are. I'm the only person caring enough to keep them alive. your advice wouldn't help anyone. The whole "go to the doctor" thing is just a way of passing the buck to someone else. I will not do that i will take it into my own hands. My opinions on gender dysphoria are irrelevant in this situation. 

• September 28, 2018 9:43 PM BST

I'm not devaluing your efforts, or understating your valued commitment, this person needs professional evaluation  and advice, believe me, from my own personal despair at a very young age, walking out into traffic, not caring, not really intending to kill myself, I just did'nt care enough,   I'm renowned on this site for my over simplification and unhelpful advice

• 56 posts
    October 3, 2018 1:09 AM BST

Hi Stephen

Sounds like you are in a tough place. Finding resources is always tough and I am not going to be much help as I live in Australia.  Your friend sounds like they are in a desperate situation and completely consumed by their GD. I am only to happy to correspond with your friend if that would help. I know its not the same as being face to face but maybe I can help alleviate their fears. I have been transitioning for about 3 years now and I can understand how desperate this person is feeling.

I know for myself that I would have taken my own life but for me I was able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I am not sure what relevance you being Christian is but in my eyes its of very little relevance unless you are trying to tell them they are wrong for feeling the way they do or some other religious style put down. If this is not the case then there really is very little relevance. You are a kind person doing a kind deed to help another.

What is it that is going to help your situation....If the person you are talking about is really serious about self harming(I have no reason to believe they are not) you choices are limited...the question I have is...Why are they wanting to self harm? Is it because they are trans and don't want to be...maybe its because they feel they will never be able to fit in if the transition, maybe they are a bit like I was...when I was told I was most likely Trans I just said NO! and drank a bit more...well actually.... a lot more. Maybe you are unsure yourself as to what part of being trans is really crushing this person?

I am not a Dr or a therapist but I would suggest this person may need one to help them work out where they can fit into the world. 

Hope I can help

Take care

Liz

This post was edited by Elizabeth Tokes at October 3, 2018 1:21 AM BST
    • 3 posts
    October 3, 2018 2:22 AM BST

I appreciate the replies but the whole point of what i was trying to get across was that this person has been in such a bad state ever since I've known them (over 7 years). They were suicidal then before i met them as their original female state, they tried to gender swap thinking that would help and they're still suicidal today. I'm trying to show that they need someone that they perceive to be of their own kind to tell them that, if that is true then Gender identity issues is not their problem and you need to move onto something else to keep themselves alive.

I need someone to explain to them that if that is the case, to not let something that isn't helping them put them into a corner. That if you were miserable before AND now then Gender identity is not your problem but they need to hear it from someone they can trust, and see as their own kind. 

I know you guys will feel like i'm attacking you here but i feel obliged to say that God is real and you have been tricked by the evil in this world. LGBT, feminism,black lives matter are all part of the same depopulation plan. Just...please do some research about how all these are connected to satanism and agenda 21/30. You'll thank me later. 

I know your prob gonna jump on me for "hate speech" here so this will prob be my last post. I appreciate the effort though. If by any chance you still want to help me though i have a youtube channel Biophobe1989 you can find me at. Thanks 

This post was edited by Steven Edgar at October 3, 2018 2:28 AM BST
  • October 3, 2018 11:10 AM BST

Not hate speech, your beliefs are your own affair,   I was born with a condition called Reiofensteins Syndrome, a scientifically proved condition, involves the make up of ones DNA, I have spent most of my life studying trans issues.

Your friend has been unstable for years, even before they changed gender.   Perhaps as well as being Gender dysphoric, perhaps they might also have a condition such as bi-polar as such they really need to be referred  by a doctor.

Here is an insight into some of the issues some trans people face,   If one is a devout Christian, then your God made us all?

https://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/7790/synopsis-of-the-etiology-of-gender

https://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/7805/heteronormativity

https://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/9870/cns-brain-male-feminisation

You sound like a caring person, click the links learn, get some facts which will help you understand fully.

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at October 3, 2018 11:11 AM BST