Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Remember this? Our very first forum post from Oct 2001

Remember this? Our very first forum post from Oct 2001

Tags : None
    5 2127 2‚ 0

I'm not sure if there's anyone left on here who will remember this but I just accidentally stumbled across the very first forum post which was posted when we had our first forum installed back in October 2001 - over seventeen years ago!!!

It was me who posted it and it was on a theme which has resurfaced a lot over the years and it was posted during a time before the word 'Tranny' became toxic and was still an innocent word.

If you'd like to see it, you can do so by following this link...

https://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/5299/wanna-be-a-tranny-web-hostess/view/post_id/26755

Hugs,

Katie   :)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
    This post was edited by katieglover at October 25, 2018 9:48 PM BST
      October 24, 2018 6:24 PM BST
  • I'm in tears, We HAVE helped so many people over the years,   When I stepped down as head moderator, for some unknown reason all our lynch pins, the moderators suddenly stopped logging in,   this site gave me and so many members an incentive to do what we needed to do, get on with our lives and make the best of it.    The chat parties, informative and even funny insane threads, fond memories.

I mailed several of the regular contributing moderators, whom I considered real friends, loyal dedicated to this site.    not even the courtesy of a reply,

The word Tranny is a very emotive one, Among ourselves, my personal opinion it's an all embracing and inclusive one, like the word Gay it's only derogatory and insulting when it is used vehemently by ignorant bigots.

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
      October 25, 2018 11:22 AM BST
  • Before my time, I'm a relative newbie having only joined in 2004!

Would love to see the forums as active as they were back in those days.

xx

October 25, 2018 1:15 PM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0

Prior to that post we did have some form of forum which was installed the year before.  However, we quickly outgrew it and when new forum software was installed in 2001, all the previous posts were lost.  So that was not really the first ever forum post, just the first one we still have.

I'd love to see the forums as the centre of attention here again.  I'll look at mounting a big recruitment drive.  I think maybe Transtastic could bring in some new blood.  They're not all there just for sex.  I'll ask.

Hugs,

Katie   :)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      October 25, 2018 2:40 PM BST
  • I don't remember this either.I think I became a member in 1999 under another name

October 27, 2018 7:57 PM BST
  • Wow....I think I remember this......back when I was sort of a "watcher."  With Mere's passing, I think about all the others we've lost over the years.  Glo, Briony, and now Mere.....

It makes me remember how special Trannyweb was.  Yes.  I said Trannyweb!

January 1, 2019 11:12 AM GMT
    5 2127 2‚ 0

Mere?  Passing?  You mean Meredith Newton?  Have I missed something?

January 1, 2019 5:00 PM GMT
  • wow,not Meredith I hope

January 1, 2019 7:28 PM GMT
  • Sadly, yes.  She passed on Christmas day in Kansas City, MO.

January 1, 2019 10:57 PM GMT
  • Private Page

Sorry, you don't have permission to view this page or your need to upgrade your membership here:

http://gendersociety.com/pages/upgrade

Sadly I cant read it. I would Perhaps recall from the good ole trannyweb days.

I dont think there is many of us left now from the early 2000,s

Boy or Girl? Who cares as long as im beautiful.
      March 15, 2019 9:41 PM GMT