Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Some people need an education

Some people need an education

Tags : None
  • https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/05/jenni-murray-transgender-not-real-women-sunday-times-magazine

One needs to read the link, I can't be arsed to apply for the rights to re-publish the article.

Firstly they need to be familiar with other posts I have made on inherited conditions, just because a person is born with a visible sex distinction, (genitalia) from which a determination of birth registration is made (sex @ birth) in the case of trangendered people this can be misleading.    One has only to be familiar with conditions, for instance

Klinefelter's syndrome, 47, XXY, or XXY syndrome is a condition in which human males have an extra X chromosome.   

Reifenstein's Syndrome, Most forms of AIS involve a variable degree of undervirilization and/or infertility in XY persons of any gender. A person with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (CAIS) has a female external appearance despite a 46XY karyotype and undescended testes, a condition once called "testicular feminization" a phrase now considered both derogatory and inaccurate. Since 1990, major scientific advances have greatly expanded medical understanding and management of the molecular mechanisms of the clinical features of AIS.

CNS Brain male feminisation, The medial posterior region of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTMP) and the locus coeruleus (LC) show opposite patterns of sexual dimorphism. The BSTMP in males is greater in volume and number of neurons than in females (male N female) while in the LC, the opposite is true (female N male). To investigate the possible role of the androgen receptor (AR) in the masculinization of these two structures, males with the testicular feminization mutation (Tfm) were compared to their control littermate males. No differences were seen in the number of neurons of the BSTMP between Tfm and their control littermate males, while in the LC, Tfm males have a greater number of neurons than their control littermate males. These results show that the AR is involved in the control of neuron number in the LC but not in the BSTMP. Results based on the LC suggest that when females have a larger brain area than males, masculinization in males may be achieved through the AR, with androgens perhaps decreasing cell survival.

Sex differences in the mammalian brain have two main characteristics: they often occur in neural circuits related
    to reproductive physiology and behaviour and they are seen in two opposite morphological patterns In one
    pattern, males have greater volumes and/or number of neurons than females (male N female), while in the other, the opposite is true (female N male) Existing evidence suggest that gonadal androgens are involved in the development of sex differences in structures that are larger in males than in females.

New born babies rarely have DNA or chromosome tests for mutant genes unless their are obvious visible defects, this also applies to brain scans, so how can people make judgements as to the legal recognition and acceptance of people who were incorrectly labelled at birth who later decide they are the wrong gender.

https://gendersociety.com/articles/176/the-science-behind-reifenstein-s-syndrome

https://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/9870/cns-brain-male-feminisation

https://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/7790/synopsis-of-the-etiology-of-gender

https://gendersociety.com/forums/topic/7805/heteronormativity

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
    This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at March 18, 2019 7:09 PM GMT
      March 18, 2019 7:06 PM GMT
  • Oh boy.  Radio 4 shows how many pillocks are still with us.

On the other side of the coin, Radio 2 had a good discussion on this last Friday.  Worth catching up on I player.

March 19, 2019 10:28 PM GMT
  • I find it rather irritating when a newspaper columnist attempts to "analyse" the transgender condition, and in doing so quotes a vicar turned TG celebrity talking about dresses and make up, and uses this drivel to equate the mentality and motivations behind all of us.

"It's not about dresses and make up..."

Good grief; not exactly imaginative. And of course she has to remind us of our supposedly inevitable male privilege, no way we can ever be a true woman when we've had a taste of that.

To me, male privilege would have been about as welcome as my daily shaving rash.

Many of us have had a past of bullying and ridicule for being the shy, effeminate ones. Is this our male privilege that prevents us from ever being "real women"?

March 21, 2019 9:18 AM GMT
  • Murray quoted Jenny Roberts, 72, who transitioned more than 20 years ago, on whether trans women should be considered “real”.

“I’m not a real woman,” is the first thing she said to me in a recent conversation. 

“I understand that a lot of trans women want to believe they are women, but we’re not.”

Everyone is entitled to state their personal feelings on how they perceive themselves, but should not make inclusive statements for the rest of us, I was female before I was born,

This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at March 22, 2019 11:02 AM GMT
      March 22, 2019 11:01 AM GMT
  • Quite so, Cristine.

And then of course we have the Piers Morgan types who go around deriding people for "choosing to become a woman".

People who have no understanding of a condition should not go around speaking like they are some sort of authority on the subject.

March 22, 2019 11:31 AM GMT
  • 1 146
    Sad to say there has been a consistency of self superiority and judgement in the UK media toward Transgender people over the last 50 years at least.Little has changed since I first saw Jan Morris on TV way back when.The framing of questions,”Is it Right that ...Transgender should ...?”Let’s have a debate on what Transgender people should be allowed.-Let’s make the Alan Titchmarsh judgement of which Transgender people are more passable than others.But of course the media will claim balance by issuing a token “did she do well”to a minority of Transgender people.My hope is Transgender people are treated as equally part of human diversity and respected.
    <p>Donna_V</p>
      April 2, 2019 8:29 AM BST
  • Ignorance, bigotry and stupidity among the Piers Morgan types is understandable but someone within our own community a so called spokes person, someone who should know better, be more erudite on the subject should not include others from the same community in her banal and inane statements.

April 2, 2019 2:35 PM BST
  • Yeah but it's good to remember that sometimes you can't fix stupid.
      April 2, 2019 5:11 PM BST