Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » Where are they now? The old school from 2003 on

Where are they now? The old school from 2003 on

Tags : None
  •  Let me name some of the past members now gone but for me. Not forgotten.

I joined the site on  27 September 2003. That was when it was called Trannyweb.

My Pal and best buddy for quite a while during one of the most traumatic times in my life: SARAH CONOR. I miss her so much and would so love her to get in touch again. I still miss her even if i havent seen or spoken to her in so long. Every so often i wonder what she is doing? Is she happy?  Did she ever reach her goal? Sarah i still got the pictures you took when you was modeling. they will remain with me until you claim them.

My good freind JULIE JULES. Who came from one of the Main ports in the UK. Julie. You was always on the edge but i loved you for that. Julie was one of those girls who was soft and sweet but in reality was military trained to take down anyone without breaking a sweat. You always felt safe when Julie was around.. I think i was one of the few who could actually keep her calm sometimes. Well i think i could i guess we may never know.. I guess i had a gift for that. Again I really hope you reached your goal and are well.

I so cannot forget CLAIR RAND. Round to my place from the wilds of the north. Always a good laugh and up for most things. Where are you now?

NENA WILLIAMS. I cannot forget Nena. She was a party girl and not scared of no one at no time. I can always recall Nena being first on the dance floor and last to leave. Transmission June 2004! Need i say more? Are you still the life of the party?

Alex The scottish Frenchman. Well i think it was france you was living. You always had a kind word and a wonderful story to tell. I still recall a wedding picture you sent me. With something abpout how you got to wear a kilt for the wedding. What you doing now?

If any of the above are no longer with us on this astral plain then that would be very sad. As I know people do. But I would have loved to have said my goodbyes.

There are many who i use to know here. I hope they all had great lifes and are still living them.

Please do shout out if you recall the old days and the old ways.

Personally I must have been embarassing then. I look back on my past pictures and how, There is no way to put this more suttle. Like a bloke in a frock. I so cringe at those pictures. You was all so beautiful and i was just an ugly duckling. But Im diffrent now after all the surgery, Hormones and living as i should have been before life got in the way.  That was nearly 15 years ago. Am i the only one left here? Some may have known me as Mando or even Racheal. or even Beki Bondage. Which was my log in name even if i wasnt actually into any of that stuff. (It was actually a name of a Singer) But thats not my name now. I settled for something diffrent in the end and have kept it for the past 8 years.

If you are from the old guard then stand up and lets count out loud. Whos left?

What di you do with your life? Has it changed?

Mine has. Im now in a great relationship with a long term partner. Im so deep stelth no one knows my past or has any inclination i was once diffrent. Most important of all i am So happy i consider everyday a blessing. Trust me it was not like that then. If i had carreid on the way it was then i doubt i would be here now. suicide would have called me to its bosom. But it did not and thank whichever god it turned out how it did. Im more than fifty bit since the hormones i look so much younger than i am for real. It kinda turned me into a Benjamin Button. It may have been that E or perhpas it was i was longer in a permanant state of sadness.

For those that may recall im an essex girl. But I fly the essex flag in another part of the world now. I left my home and began a new life after my transistion was complete.

I think i have photos still of most of the girls from way back then from the circle. Maybe i have one of you that you do not recall or have forgotten about. If thats the case them im happy to share with the subjects within.

I think Trannyweb or the Gender society as its called now helped me understand. There was more to life than what i had.  So I must thank Katie for giving us this window and the opotunity to have met those people who i did along the way while active here.

Boy or Girl? Who cares as long as im beautiful.
    This post was edited by Racheal Mills at October 5, 2019 9:59 PM BST
      October 5, 2019 4:16 PM BST
  • Hi Rachel. I joined in 2009 when it was still Tranny Web. You have me beat by a good 6 years but I do recall your posts on the forums. I have not logged in for over a year here and had only very sporadically for a few years even before that but for some reason I had an urge tonight to log in and see if GS was still up and running. To my delight it was!

I'm glad to hear things have progressed for you and you find yourself in a happy content place now. This site sure helped me out in my beginning stages also and even though I hit some serious rough patches in my transition after I faded away from here I know the people I met and things that were shared amongst us helped me immensely embracing myself up until this very day through thick and thin. 

I'll always be grateful for the people and safe place that tranny web/ Gender Society allowed me and the friends I made here have. 

Hi Traci, Hi Briana, Hi Briana, Hi Jan, Hi Karen, Hi Debbie, Hi Robin, Hi Layla, Hi April, Hi Carol, Hi Carol, Hi Pip, Hi Maci, Hi Jackie, Hi Sarah, Hi Gianna, Hi Maggie (RIP you amazing talented woman who were so kind to me and I enjoyed sharing our music together with you and talking about guitars and trans stuff), Hi Christine S., Hi Christine C., Hi Katie, Hi Amy, Hi Lucy, Hi Chloe/Melissa, Hi Jackie, Hi Davinia, Hi Roxanna, Hi Denise, Hi Petra and hi to anyone I left out.. its been some years please forgive me!

Jessica was here 10/6/2019 .

RIP to my loving father who I have taken care of the last 2 years which caused a hiccup in my transition a bit but I accept that and was glad to help in your caretaking for a long hard end stage of life you went through until you passed Sept 23 of this year. 

My love and appreciation to all connected to this amazing site with so much history of support and care for the trans community.

Jessica Nova
      October 6, 2019 11:22 AM BST
  • Photo from May 2004 removed by request.

This post was edited by Lucy Diamond at October 8, 2019 10:15 AM BST
      October 6, 2019 3:05 PM BST
  • Hi Jessica. Im so sorry to hear about your father, my heart goes out to you but im glad you are now on your right path. So many names we still hold in our hearts and minds. We do ask ourselfs were did they go and what there lives turned out to be?

Personally I do worry i will never get to hear of most of these people  again i knew and loved them all and they had such bearing on my future. Even if i did not relise at the time. My aim is to hear from perhaps some again and know of there trials and tribulations.

OMG Well well Lucy Diamond. Theres there is a Gender society  or Tranny web legend. How are you doing?

I have some pictures of you from around that time. maybe ones you have never seen. Be glad to share them with you in a pesonal message should you want to recap

I recall that picture.  I do not remember the names of the last Two on the right. perhaps you could refresh my memory in a personal messgae. Sarah something springs to mind. But that was so long ago

Can i also ask you remove it from the site. Granted i look very diffrent now but all the same out of respect for the others there.  Perhaps they wouldnt like there past catching up with them for one reason or another. It was a long time ago. Just thinking out loud but maybe it would hurt them now to know that others could know of there past. Same as me really.  Im also thinking of GDPR and  you cant get much more persoanl data than a photograph really. They may not want to share. Thank you

Images of small groups are likely to constitute personal data and must therefore be treated in accordance with data protection legislation.

Sorry about that but. Its just legisation. We do not want to be in breach for the sake of everyone

Have you heard from anyone else from those days? They was quite wild at times.

This post was edited by Racheal Mills at October 7, 2019 1:34 PM BST
      October 7, 2019 10:16 AM BST
  • The two on the right are Emma (her and I had just had makeovers at Pandora De'Pledge) and Sarah Anne Slavin.

I will take the photo down if you really want me to but there are hundreds of similar photos going back years all over this site.

I haven't seen any of these girls here for many years.

This was my first night out in London, and only my second or third night out dressed, ever!

Was a great night. :)

Also, you look fabulous! Lovely to see you again.

xx

October 7, 2019 10:43 AM BST
  • Hey Lucy. Thank you. Its taken me a long time and lots of pain and suffering but i got there. I cannot think of all the money ive spent but hey ho. Im happy now. oh and i lost about 4 stone since then to lol.. that made a big diffrence. For some reason i cannot upload a new profile picture. Keeps saying im full up. But as starnge as it seems it will not let me get to the album to delete any so i would have changed it for something a little more up to date but had to set it on a very old one. But not to worry. Thank you for the compliment about the old one

I cant see your face but you always looked super so. I do not think you could be improved anymore than you looked then.

As i said i have a couple of you from that night that you maybe havent seen. If you would like i will find them and send them to you. Just in case. have you heard from anyone else?

Yes i would like the picture removed. Im deep stelth now and anything linking to my past is not very healthy for me personally should anyone put 2 and 2 together. I also have no idea other than yourself what any of the others are doing. I know the last time i spoke to Sarah which was maybe 8 years ago now she was or seemed to be in deep denial. So i dont think she would like it. As for the others i have no idea but can only assume that she may not like it. Clair. No idea. Just lost contact. Same with Julie and Nena. In fact you are the only one i know of that is left and who still comes on here. I search for the profiles from days gone by and they do not exist anymore.

This post was edited by Racheal Mills at October 7, 2019 11:34 AM BST
      October 7, 2019 10:51 AM BST
  • Thanks Rachel. 

You never know , you may find some of them who once were here. I noticed many girls and guys moved to facebook once it went public and started to gain popularity. FB is so amazing in many ways but I always found it devoid of depth and nitty gritty detail we could relate here. The social media world has many trans related places these days but few if any ever have met up with what TW/GS offered us. The community here was so great. 

I love that photo by the way! What an amazing picture and all the women look so happy and beautiful. 

Lucy you have always been so gorgeous!. Is that you on the left?

Just my opinion, but somehow I think none of those girls would mind such a pretty photo of them back in the day being posted here. :)

Jessica Nova
      October 7, 2019 1:52 PM BST
  • Yes Jessica, that was me on the left.

Everyone took photos on all of our many nights out, everyone shared them, and posted them here and on other sites with everyone's consent. As Racheal has politely asked for it to be removed from this thread I have done so, with the caveat that I can not take down all photos in forums and albums. Other photos from other peoples' past still exist here and elsewhere. Your internet history is a virtual minefield when you live in stealth.

Of all the photos taken in my past, that is one of my favourites. The happiest of times for me, and the night when I first got to meet all of the southern girls who I'd been speaking to for several weeks online. My first night out with a large group of girls, my first visit to an actual trans club, my first makeover...

I stayed up until 6 or 7 in the morning and snogged some fit girl outside the hotel before eventually going to bed... for only one hour before driving 5 hours back up north. 

It was an awesome night, thank you to everyone who made it so special.

xx

October 8, 2019 10:36 AM BST
  • Thanks Lucy for the removal of the picture. I appreciate it.

I can also say. Those nights were awesome. Was it really that long ago?

I always recall everyone going to the hotel I think me personally was 4 in our room. me, Nena, Julie, and sarah.

I think me and sarah got there a bit late  on that particular night. so by that time the room party was in full swing. We came up together as we lived not to far from each other.

I think we must have met you and Sarah Anne, along with Emma outside. thats where that pic was taken. it was on a camera phone i think hense the quality but all the same it still brings it back.

Then all in a couple of taxis to transmission. I can still recall the exitement. It did not matter how many times you went. You still got butterflies in the tummy.

I noticed the transmission website is still avaliable but sadly not many of the links work on it anymore.

I think we was all up to silly oclock. I ended up crashing on a chair in someones room. God knows whos it was  But I do recall waking up feeling like i had been hit by an express train and thats with the watered down drinks. But we didnt care if they put water in them. We just kept them coming.

Happy days

Lucy! Do you still have any contact with sarah and Emma?

October 8, 2019 1:46 PM BST
  • I think I met you all in the lobby just as Emma and I came out of the elevator, a few minutes before someone took that photo. I remember Jules chasing a taxi driver down the road who'd changed his mind about picking us up! And later I recall Nena and I comparing our flat tummies, a contest which I would lose today :)

It really was lovely to meet you all in person. I haven't spoken to any of this group since the TW days, though i think some of them did migrate onto TGS.

October 8, 2019 2:10 PM BST
  • I think your right Lucy. You was all in the lobby. We went outside for the picture to get the taxis.

Now you say it i also recall Julie kicking up a stink with the taxi. There was a couple of other girls outside who i also have a picture with the rest of us. But no idea who they were. It was like that then. We was all in the sasme happy family regardless.

I think there was so many in that hotel going to either Transmission or way out or many of the clubs way back then  that night we basically ran the place. Well thats how it felt anyway.  I do not recall anyone being told to calm down. Not that we was being bad. Just in very good sprits.

Such a shame we all went our seperate ways. As the original post asks. Where are they now. I would so love to get everyone on skype one day or something like that. have a laugh about the old days and see what became of everyone.

We all had a certain camaraderie. For me anyway. I do hope they have all had great lives and forfilled there dreams. I know i have. But it would be really great to know what ever happened to them.

Even if god forbid they have past on. lets face facts none of us are really getting younger and that was a long time ago. Otherwise to answer the question:

Are they still as they were? Did they like me and you Lucy go beyond the realms of just the occasional night out then back to the day job. Most of all at least they are all safe and well. I do not really care if for some it was just a fetish. they was still all my pals. Sisters in suffering etc etc.

I still do have many photos of those days. Most are digitised and all sitting there waiting to be claimed. I do look at them once in a while. Even if i cringe at myself. Then think of the great times. Trannyweb was buzzing then with chat of our next venture into the world.

Myself and Sarah living not far from me. use to go to other clubs and meetings. really go out whenever we could.  then nena and clair just see them as and when. They use to come over to my place once every so often as then i had a fair size house and use to have little get togethers when circumstances allowed.

We was almost like a secret society then i guess. Its not really the site has changed. Its just the world has changed and is more open to the fact there are people who are trans

I would love to retrace all of them. you have the likes of facebook now which makes it easier. But in reality if you do not know the names they actually went by and not the names that they just used. its almost impossible. Hense im hopeing some perhaps come back here once in a while for nostagia or maybe come back under a diffrent name sometimes and would llike to reconnect. As much as i cringe at my old picture i still have such happy memorys of those days. In a way it shaped who i am today as with all the past times. realated to this and otherwise.

I did notice nena still had an account here but it hasnt been used since 2010. As for the others i cannot find a trace. Im not sure if im just not useing it correctly but thats all im getting.

This post was edited by Racheal Mills at October 9, 2019 3:20 PM BST
      October 9, 2019 9:06 AM BST
  •   I too joined back in 2007 when it was TW.  I made friends with many here and kept grew close to Meredith Newton. She was a professor of history and taught at the university level, as well as an author of 3 books. One on the history of Jazz and two on history of women.  Her passion also extended to being a docent at Museums in Chicago, Denver and Kansas City. I still remember her talking about taking a group on a tour of a submarine in Chicago,  and got her High Heel stuck in a deck grating inside the sub.  I would have loved to have seen her then.

We kept in touch by phone for many years, as she moved from Chicago to Denver and finally Kansas City.Unfortunately, she struggled with alcohol on a day to day basis, along with the struggles of being a special girl. She passed away earlier in the year due to alcohol and depression.  In her legacy, she has a wonderful daughter, three books she authored, and a rich career as a teacher.  I miss her! I also wonder how we might help other girls struggling with similar issues. 

This post was edited by Former Member at December 8, 2019 6:23 AM GMT
      October 9, 2019 4:13 PM BST
  • I think I remember the other two girls who we chatted to outside the hotel, I met them a few more times since then, good looking couple. If you have time and don't mind Racheal please do send me some pics. I lost a few of my old photos when my Windows 98 machine imploded. It was bound to happen...

Just had a quick search and realised I got the month wrong, the Transmission party in question was 5th June 2004, not May.

Found some photos on their old website, Jules and Sarah are there but no-one else from our group. A few familiar faces though.

http://www.trans-mission.org/tx/txindex.php?ww=1903

October 9, 2019 4:57 PM BST
  • I do most certainly recall Meredith Newton. I think her icon looked like a charlie brown kid or something. meredith was on here a lot. Always a really helpful and understanding person. Im so sad she has gone. It kind of hammers it home that we are all so fragile. In helping others. being honest none of us are trained in that sort of field. Its far better to direct them to a proffesional. Who has the skill set.

Ill be more than happy to send you the pictures relating to you Lucy. Plus some generic ones from that night. Also what others i can find regarding what you would like to recall from then.  I have many gathered from all the girls who i want to try and trace.

I have quite a few and will sort them out. If you send me an email address i can use for you in a private messgae then i will pop them in the Epost so to speak. The site messenger doesnt work to well for me as far as attachments are concerned. Not sure if it is my browser or the site. But i will get just a worded message for sure.

Ive found Lucy.  We have not all gone for good. Now just for the others.

I looked at the pictures on the transmission site. yes there is some i was aquainted with. But never knew there names or where they was from. More just passed in the night.  I see Sarah and Julie. and i think in the last picture. The Girl in the blue dress was perhaps one of those who i spoke about outside the hotel.  Happy days they was then. My life was full of crap at that point and i did some really stupid things. Then i think the outside of me tried to radiate happiness but inside i was very close to giving it up. However these were the  times i could forget about all the problems and just for a while escape to a diffrent world As i said previous we was a family and had much respect for each and every one of us in our own ways.

I do wonder if any other the others had the relisation that it wasnt just a weekend thing and felt they needed to expand there existance. Knowing it was not how they was meant to be? In a way i hope so. But on the other hand many would have left sites like this behind. I do still like to pop in on occasion. My past had a bearing on the future i have now. I could never forget the good times and surport i got from others who understood. However when i do look back on the past times and some of the pictures i relise how much i have moved on and how diffrent i look and my life is. 

This post was edited by Racheal Mills at October 10, 2019 1:31 PM BST
      October 10, 2019 8:26 AM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0

Hi girls, I'm still here too.  It's great to hear from you again Racheal.  I remember all the good times and great people we had on here.  I met many of our members on lots of occasions when Katie ventured out all dressed up to the nines in her best gladrags.  On several occasions I found myself at Transmission and/or the Wayout in London and also the Philbeach Hotel in Earl's Court, which is now gone.  I also used to go to Ron Storme's in Stepney.  That's showing my age a bit!

I also went along to Sparkle two or three times and one year we had a Trannyweb tent in Sackville Gardens and our own netball team!

I remember that one evening, a bunch of us ended up in Napolean's.  That was a very boozy night and at one stage, Lucy pulled my wig off (by accident I think).  What fun we had!

There was another occasion when I had tried to organise a night out with a meal and then a late bar and dancing in Manchester but I was very late arriving at the hotel.  I had driven up that day from the south coast, got stuck in loads of roadworks, had a tyre blow out, got soaked in the rain and turned up about an hour and a half late.  All the girls were in the bar and as I never met most of them before, some were starting to suggest that I didn't actually exist.  I remember they were very cross when I arrived and there was a bit of an atmosphere all evening.  Still, I think we all made up eventually and parted on good terms.

There were a few very prominent members over the years who in fact, did not exist.  I won't name any names here but honestly, we were all fooled for a long time by some of the most long-standing and prolific members.  One in particular I'm thinking of, was one of our moderators.  She apparently lived in the US but she was never actually seen by anyone, often pulling out of live meetings at the last moment for some made up reason or other.  I was blown away when I discovered that she had the same IP address as another member who lived in the UK, meaning they both logged in from the same computer and were most likely, one and the same person!!!

We once had a nice young member who was very popular and well loved by the other members.  It came as a terrible shock when we were told one Sunday morning that she had apparently just died in hospital.  I called the hospital myself to ask for more info and was told that no such person existed and that there had been no deaths on her ward that week!!!

There were many incidents like that over the decades since Trannyweb started in 1999.  I could go on...

Mostly it was fun though.  We had to change the name however, because the word Tranny became toxic and we had to change the software too, because the rickety old stuff was no longer supported and just wasn't working right anymore.

Suddenly, there was an exodus of our members to Facebook and suchlike.  We have had many new groups of regular members since then however.  Times change, people move on, the world turns and new names appear in their place.

We're still here, different, trying to move with the times and adapt to the ever changing web, but we are still here and that's the main thing.

Hugs,

Katie   :)
    PS I've attached a photo from Sparkle back in 2008. It's Lucy talking to another member outside our Trannyweb tent.  I've pixelated the other member's face out but I'm guessing Lucy will be okay with it. If not, let me know.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
    This post was edited by katieglover at October 21, 2019 5:44 PM BST
      October 21, 2019 5:40 PM BST
  • I still log in occasionally, but cannot see who is also logged on, so many things do not work now, access to photo albums, videos, private chat, its worse than TW when that started falling apart.   Loved this site, wanting to help and support people with problems, sharing research, giving legal advice where needed.  7 years I spent studying, to help people, inspired by others on here, used to be an oasis for like minded people, yes even I have been insulted, suffered innuendo's about my status, but I rose above it, for the bigger picture, what do we have here now? nothing!    If Katie was alluding to Lilene Li. the moderator, Li Li was a real person living in the USA we had mutual acquaintances when I was in CA.     Check my log in IP for this entry, Miami? really. 

Cristine Jennifer Shye.  B/L.  B/Acc
    This post was edited by Cristine Jennifer Shye. BL at October 22, 2019 9:36 AM BST
      October 21, 2019 9:13 PM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    Sorry there are some problems with the site right now. The software is due for a big upgrade. That should fix most of the existing probs. I’ll talk to the developers today and see if we can get it done soon.

Hugs,

Katie
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      October 22, 2019 12:10 PM BST
  • Good to hear this site is still active, I just reactivated this account to full member.

I to have been missing in action for quite some time and was very active on the Tranny web,and gender society a while back,  but intend to be more active in the future. I loved this site for quite some time but got very annoyed at all the posts on the facebook style page that should of been in the blogs, I loved the blogs and the interesting content that was in there. But one must over come change.

I am still active in the local trans world but at 73, I am slowing down, but still holding a younger image but that comes with a good surgeon, one does not age well usually without some professional help and I have had quite a bit.

Well first post in a long time so that's it for now, good blog to reintroduce myself, very glad to see Cristine still here and Katie. Now to search out who I still know on here.

Huggs Tammy

<p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      October 24, 2019 9:31 PM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0

Welcome back Tammy.

Hugs,

Katie  

October 29, 2019 4:26 PM GMT

• Hi Katie. Thank you.

Its great to see you are still running this little part of my history.

Yes I still do come once in a while. Just to have a look around. However much is no longer relavent to me. But its quite nostalgic to see its still up and running. Im sure if used the right way it is a great tool for people who are just starting on there journey. Im personally stopped visiting Because as i said above. My life has changed. Plus i was up a few years ago and someone. No names mentioned really upset me with a few comments. Therefore i decided to leave for a while. I almost deleted my account. I guess by chance the site was playing up and refused to let me do it. So I got over imyself after a while and decided to continue to be an observer.

I think many sites of this nature are not as active as they was. Mainly because then it was hard to find information on trans issues. You was lucky to find any Trans story in the media which didnt involve ridicule or shock. This was a place you could be much more open and see what the real deal was. From normal real people living with there trials and tribulations. I have fond memorys of how the site was. Ok so it had a few draw backs like sometimes waiting Ten minutes to load a page on the old old server. But hey you lived with it then in the anticipation of what would unfold.

I will still call it trannyweb here and there so excuse that. I can understand the term is no longer excepted in some quarters. But I suppose that depends on how much you overthink it.

There many words i will use that are now frowned upon. Transsexual as i have seen is another word i would have termed myself as and still would if still in transition. There seems to be a attempt to iradicate that to so i have noticed. Its no longer PC. Transgender.which in my reality and im sure many is not even in the same ball park as Transsexual. Diffrent spectrums.

As far as the great pretenders were concerned. Its an ocupational hazard on line. There is more than a few who i expect are something they make out to be When in reality they are nothing remotly like. Thats not just a Gender society thing. Its a internet wide problem. I have also seen this sort of behavior anywhere. People just fib from behind there keyboard because they think the internet gives them the right to be able to lie, cheat, dishonour and decieve.  Its always been i expect and will be.

As far as i can recall. I took the picture i think from transmission so it was technically my property. But regardless i do not know where or what any of the others are doing or have done. Most pictures on the site are hidden behind a full members only gate. Which is fine. But with the exeption of me and lucy who knows if they want a picture from nearly ten years ago posted. I for one do not. My life is diffrent and my past is sacred and potentially damaging to my life now. I have gone to great efforts to insure my past is kept behind a locked door. You I hope will not find any pictures of me online unless they are very safe. Therefore i asked it to be removed from public display. Which Lucy was happy to do. So its no problem It was never a legal issue. Even if that did or did not have any legal context. It was more out of thinking of the others in the picture who for there own reasons may not want it displayed.

Speaking of Lucy. Gives a big wave. We now have exchanged email addresses and im sure will share much. Lucy was and still is a very enlighting person. Who played a big part in this site and beyond. between us i was actually a bit fond of her once and if she had been a guy then who knows :) Im still going to contiue in my quest to trace any others mentioned in my original post. I have an email supplied by Lucy and will endevour to see if its still active.

In the meantime. Please do keep posting. I will contiue to visit. Maybe even comment once in a while.

Its great some of the old guard are still around

Julie, Nena, Clair, Sarah, or Alex. Im still here. Please do give us a wave if you ever come back for a look around.

If you are from way back and were not a part of my main circle. Im sure you had your own circle. Give a shout out. See what comes back. Who knows?

Oh and im sorry about the large typeface. I really do need new glasses. If i done it small you would have to be fluent in typonese to understand.

This post was edited by Racheal Mills at October 31, 2019 12:58 PM GMT
      October 31, 2019 8:05 AM GMT
  • Thanks Katie, glad to be back, sometimes we ( I ) get to caught up in our own world and let go of things that seem to take up our time. Not realizing how important it is to contribute to the community to whom we belong and to help others as I have been helped through the years.

Sisterhood is as important now more than ever with these uncertain times that are upon us at least here in the states, more violence towards the LBGTQ community as a whole. Just last week we had another Trans person murdered in Michigan.

As for myself, I  just go to very safe places now, not into going to all the straight places that I used to go, just don't need the trouble, people were much more tolerant and willing to ask questions to learn why we are doing what we do. It always amazed me when you get into that conversation with people and then they suddenly see it for what it is was so en-lighting.

Huggs Tammy

<p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      November 1, 2019 6:14 PM GMT
  • Oh my how it has been a long time since I last posted on the old TW. I met (online) some of the nicest ladies that helped me in many ways. Although, I am now living as male, there is still a woman in me. I did spend several years living as female but, issues arose that made life even harder. I am happy, though. I am so very sad to see that Meredith passed away. She was so encouraging and a pleasure to talk to. It is good to see that some of the women are still on here. I only found this new site after googling my girl name. I'm happy that I did. I wish everyone the best. I might drop in once in awhile.

LuvHugKis Rachel

November 10, 2019 6:42 AM GMT
  • Hi Rachel.

I went through some of the experiences as you, had to make a decision which side of the fence I wanted to be on, now at my age I just wanted to live a somewhat less complicated life. Stayed away from this site also for other reasons, actually several reasons but like you I get it with some of the comments made, just don't need that.

I just recently started back in, I guess it is because I am helping mentor a trans lady whom is on her trans journey to what end point, like us all we really don't really know what life challenges throw at us.

Take care

Huggs Tammy

November 10, 2019 6:49 PM GMT
  • Hi Brianne. I remember you. It is so good to see others still doing well. I am doing good. I am happy and well. I met a good woman who is also HIV+. We married in 2012. She is, however, unaware of my other identity. I do feel that I am living a lie. However, it has been this way for 60 years. Hmmmm, oh well, my life goes on.

Please be well, always,

LuvHugKis,

Rachel  (It feels so good to be me, once in awhile)

This post was edited by Rachel Stevens at November 12, 2019 4:51 AM GMT
      November 12, 2019 4:49 AM GMT
  • Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the reply to the post, it's nice to know other people remember people on this site, I remember your name but with out a pic I am not quite sure, it's an age thing to put names and faces together, at least for myself.

I like you and many others have gone down the purge route, quite expensive I might say but it seems a very natural course of things that we try, in my case failed so miserably and led to a very serious attempt to end it all. That's a problem some of us face one way or the other.  

I got remarried in 2007 to a lady that's been with me through part of my journey, wonderful women and very accepting and I might add very helpful, especially helpful through some special surgeries I had done, she questioned things but was good with it all.

I am 13 yrs older than her but we have been together 25 yrs. I had a big problem with the age difference, but after the last near life ending experience, I came to my sense's through therapy. I told her about my fem life after a few months we were dating, this way she has a choice weather to stay in the relationship or not.

I had to make a decision similar to you but a little different, I choose to stay on the fence and get married to someone so loving and accepting, this way I can still be Tammy when ever I want, and I really did not want to die alone, especially now that I am 73,  I see things a in a whole different perspective. 

Well take care and good luck in your journey,

Huggs Tammy

November 17, 2019 6:34 PM GMT