First Contact

• HiI'm saying that quietly and slightly anxiously, probably because I'm polite and English. These two attributes go hand-in-hand I find. Actually, I sense that I should perhaps be going,HI!?Because I get the sense that Gender Society has gone very quiet at present. Is that the case, or is it just me? Paranoia is another English personality trait, I suspect..Personally, Tranny-web and then subsequently Gender Society has served to be a critical, considerate and crucial component of me understanding who I am. Without this site, my eyes may be less open, my mind still confused but at least for understandable reasons, and my transsexual community perhaps dormant.Too many online friends and supporters here to mention, but if you know me then I think you know who I am referring to. Some of us who visit here may not have transitioned, grown-up and moved on. For those people this site (and let's be honest, there are others too) are essential, providing opportunities for contact and release from the day-to-suffocating day. Importantly, this place is not only caring, it is also fun.So if you are reading this, don't just pass the opportunity by and decide just to 'Like' someone, because that's too easy. But go on, say something. Because whilst it may be irrelevant, whimsical, serious, critical, invasive, open, difficult or daft, without your comments and commitment sites like these - I hate to say it, will fold.How am I? Well I'm just about OK but I'm still a bloody bloke and I wish I were not. Gender Dysphoria sucks, commitment to partners and family is honourable, but heck, I wish I sometimes that I was brave enough to stick my head above the parapet and just cry my eyes out.Go on, talk a bit.HugsRachel x  
    a girl at heart and a proper person too
      January 25, 2020 9:34 PM GMT
  • HI Rachel,

I just recently rejoined GS, but find it very quiet as well.
    I changed my name, as it used to be Michelle Lynn, but
    my new name seems more suited for me.  I haven't 
    decided if I'm going to go by Michelle or Gwen, as 
    I relate to both.

Apart from my name change, I have been weathering
    the Covid isolation fairly well.  I moved out of Silicon Valley
    and now live in the Wine Country in Northern California.
    We moved into a 100 year old house, with 4 acres of property,
    21 fruit trees and a private swimming pool. I used to live in a 
    1100 square foot apartment and was paying $3,500 / mo rent.
     I don't miss paying that anymore.

Life here is very quiet, compared to the fast pace in Silicon Valley.
    As a bonus, there are 81+ vineyards within a 20 mile radius
    of my home. All the more to explore and wine taste.
    Plus,  I have a nice private swimming pool in my back yard!  It isn't heated,
    so I'll have to wait until it gets warmer out to use it.  However, when it does
    get warmer, I'll be out daily in my swimming suit.  If I can
    lose 20 pounds by March, I might even try a Bikini.

I've been keeping busy, as the house has a bit of daily upkeep,
    such as mowing the lawn (4 acres weekly), cleaning the pool, gardening,
    pruning the rose bushes, caring for and harvesting the fruit trees
    as well as general house maintenance.

I'm not complaining, as I'm enjoying doing these things.   It sure
    beats sitting at my desk on a computer all day.

I really feel blessed, even during these tough times, and am very
    thankful for what has happened for me this year.  

May everyone be Safe and Healthy this Holiday season,

Michelle Gweneth
      December 11, 2020 9:33 PM GMT
  • Welcome, Michelle!
    Your new home sounds idyllic, I'm just a teeny bit jealous.

xx
      December 12, 2020 11:09 AM GMT
    • Michelle Gweneth
      Michelle Gweneth Thanks Lucy!!! BTW: I'm very jealous of you. I followed you for many years and you are an inspiration to me. I hope your family is doing well, as I remember some posts of you and your mom enjoying life. Take care and have a wonderful Holiday Season.
      December 16, 2020
    5 2127 2‚ 0

Welcome back Michelle.  It is quieter here now than it used to be.  This community is more academic these days and less of a cattle market.

If you want a similar Trans community that is much more busy though, we can do that too.  Take a look at Transtastic.com which is ours too.  It's much busier than the GS but prhaps not quite so educational.  

And please do stop by here more often if you can.

Hugs,

Katie   :)

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      December 14, 2020 5:12 PM GMT
  • Now for something completely different: Who is going to get the vaccine? 
      December 15, 2020 2:24 PM GMT
  • Definitely. It's a no-brainer.
    We started our vaccination rollout last week. My friend's mum has hers booked for Friday, the first of two injections of course.
    Here in the UK over 55's are now eligible for the 'flu jab, so, showing my age here.. that includes me. My appointment is tomorrow, hopefully the Covid vaccine will follow before too long.
    xx
      December 15, 2020 3:55 PM GMT
  • That's great news. In the U.S., the health care workers will receive the first vaccines this week. After that, the elderly, and then essential workers will receive (teachers, police, firemen...). Unfortunately the rest of us are last, and that will probably be sometime in June of 2021. And this time lag is the result of Trump's hoax. Anyway, let us know what your symptoms are after vaccine. Good luck!  
      December 15, 2020 10:11 PM GMT
  • I definitely plan on getting it when it becomes available.  Tired of all the
    Shelter in Place stuff!!!!
      December 16, 2020 9:43 PM GMT