Shaving legs

• 67 posts
    October 17, 2004 10:36 PM BST
    I hope the old adage about 'there are no stupid questions' still holds true, so my question, and this mainly goes out to the CDs in the group (although I'm sure the other ladies could probably help me out here too) is: What are some tips and tricks to conceal the fact that you've shaved your gams?

You see, when I was younger, I was quite smooth. I never started even shaving my face till I was almost 30 and to this day I need only shave once every 3 days. But now that I'm getting a tad older, the hair on my legs and arms and chest is starting to stand out a lot more. I've never really had the need to shave but when I don my stockings lately, it's not the same as having smooth, clean legs. My concern is hiding the fact from others, especially from those that just don't understand us girls. I work in 2 rather very masculine jobs and although there is protection due to harrassment in the workforce in my country, you know how guys can be and I'm not sure I'd like to have deal with it on an ongoing basis, no matter how subtle the 'teasing' would be.

Any tips or ideas from the ladies here? I'd appreciate anything you have to offer. Thanks in advance..........

Stacy
    • 374 posts
    October 19, 2004 9:24 AM BST
    Hi Stacey,

Over the last few years, more and more regular guys have been going to salons and getting their bodies waxed. Most of the male models you see in catalogues have little or no body hair on them. Cyclists & swimmers & bodybuilders also shave/wax. I don't think it's such a big deal any more hon You could get serious about one of the sports I mentioned and if anyone asks you tell them about the sport you're involved in. Again, I don't think it's anything to be too worried about. I keep my legs shaved and no one has ever said anything to me

Hugs,

Monika
  • June 1, 2006 4:10 PM BST
    I have been shaving daily since December. I have very little body hair and my legs have virtualy no hair above the knees so this might be the reason no one has said anything since I have been wearing shorts everyday now that summer is here (and tanning in the jacuzzi!!!). If anyone says anything just tell them they have no idea what they're missing! Don't hide 'em...show 'em!!
    LuvHugKis...Rach
  • June 1, 2006 8:29 PM BST
    Stacy,

I work offshore, which has to be the most testosterone charged environment out, and I have had virtually no problems from anyone about having smooth legs (even when the stubble is bad). Easiest way to deal with it is honesty, if someone asks just reply "yes why?". That way you put the problem with them.

Enough sportsmen wax, shave or generally defur these days there's no issue with it.

Just go for it and don't worry

Alex
    xxx
    • 515 posts
    June 7, 2006 12:23 AM BST
    If any one asks there was two answers i would give:-

1, there is a girl in my life that hates hairy men!!!!!!

2, yes i shave and groom is it a problem???????

Do what feels right for you i most certainly would not do it for any other reason.

Hugs
    Sara
    • 140 posts
    August 13, 2006 1:09 PM BST
    Of course then there is the "Why are you so interested in MY legs?" reply, I shut one up that way......
    • 1 posts
    August 18, 2006 7:02 PM BST
    Stacey,, good news, even we men can now be hairless without being bothered what others think. Here in the UK, and I'm sure it will be the same every where, you can now buy hair removel products designed for men. They are even designed to cope with tougher male hair.

No it is not a spoof, check it out for your selfs. This link is to a major UK high street chemists (drug store) call Boots. http://www.boots.com/shop/category_n... ionid=1035665

I for one will try it, and compare it with normal Veet for ladies. I'll let you all know how it performs