Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » How do I stop my "tights" coming down?

How do I stop my "tights" coming down?

Tags : None
  • I don't mean round my ankles, but this is a problem I've always had. My tights come loose and start to wrinkle after say a half hour's of wear, and I have to haul them up.

VERY UNLADYLIKE!

I don't know how the girls do it, keep their hosiery up - in the UK we call them "tights".

Any suggestions?
    It's a short time on this planet, dress how you look. ET probably does! :)
      October 19, 2004 8:54 AM BST
  • Thanks for the replies. I think I do have the right sized tights on though, never mind. I have worn tights for 25 years, so what another 25 years? LOL.
      October 19, 2004 6:55 PM BST
  • I like those shoes you're wearing, Tiina Tamsalu.
      October 19, 2004 9:01 PM BST
  • You don't stop them. You do what every girl does...periodically you go powder your nose and pull them up. Mini skirts took off after the introduction of pantyhose which permitted a greater degree of coverage. They are faster to get on and leave a smooth line. The price is they slip down after a while. You could come up with a clip, but those would likely show or be uncomfortable. Stockings and garter belt solve the problem.......then, there is always duct tape, lol.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      October 20, 2004 11:07 AM BST
  • Wendy you beat me to it. Surely the solution is stockings more fun but no not as practical, specially in the winter .. brrr!

C xx
      October 20, 2004 11:42 AM BST
  • Shan

On a practical level it might be easier to spread the super glue on your legs rather than on the tights ... go on give it a go ..!

Cx
      October 20, 2004 11:59 AM BST
  • Oh come on girls you're just being silly now with the superglue idea. At least with Sandra's method you will comply with current UK glazing regulations.
    I do have some tights that really don't slip, a good fit is essential, i used to get them from Silkies by mail order, not expensive and a good choice of styles and colours.
    www.silkies.co.uk
      October 20, 2004 2:26 PM BST
  • well, the duct tape answer does have the additional benefit of reducing the area that you need to shave...
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      October 21, 2004 12:00 AM BST
  • Yeah, and maybe I should staple them to my stomach.
      October 21, 2004 1:27 AM BST
  • Shan

Did you meet the queen, I head she was down your way this morning?

Cerys
      October 22, 2004 1:04 PM BST
  • I guess this town's only big enough for one old queen!!!

Cx
      October 22, 2004 1:25 PM BST
  • Tiina

.. you're not suggesting that Mr Charles Windsor has a penchant for wearing tights - surely not! Good job you're in Estonia or you'd be hung for treason!

Cx

(Prince Andrew in a frock, now that I could believe)
      October 22, 2004 5:18 PM BST
  • Hi girls
    Wendy and co are right, you cant stop tights from slipping down. As Wendy says, us GG,s go in the loo and hoist them up occasionally. So keep hoisting but not in public hee hee
    Love Dorothy.
      October 22, 2004 6:08 PM BST
  • "Hence, the high courts that you are propably thinking about have no mandate to chop my head off for treason, high or low. "

Low treason! It never occured to me that there could be such a thing .. what could constitute "low" treason?

Boggled
    Cerys x
      October 22, 2004 7:39 PM BST