looking at others

Tags : None
  • Hi girls

I´ve spent my few latest days in observing ladies in the train on my way to the office or back home. And what do I see: big hands, tall girls...actually taller than me. Short cut hairs, big noses, masculine way of sitting down. And yet these ladies do pass. That gives us hope, doesn´t it?

hugs

Laura
      August 21, 2002 12:24 PM BST
  • HI LADIES,I'M  OUT AND ABOUT EVERY DAY, & I'VE SEEN SOME REALLY FAT, UGLY,DIS-SHEVELED LOOKING BIO-WOMEN OUT THERE. SOME WALK LIKE NEANDERTAL WOMEN.OTHERS ARE WEARING STRIPED BLOUSES WITH CHECK PANTS & BOOTS?????  ::) SOME,HAVE NO FASHION SENSE AT ALL.OUT HERE IN FARM COUNTRY IF YOU HAVE 26 WOMEN IN THE SAME PLACE ,ALL YOU GET IS A FULL SET OF TEETH  :o  I WOULD SAY I LOOK BETTER THAN 75% OF THE WOMEN I SEE EVERYDAY.   THANK MY GODDESS THAT I CAN DRIVE 30 MINUTES IN ANY DIRECTION AND REACH A SMALLER CITY WHERE THE'RE MORE SOPHISTICATED PEOPLE  :-/ SO DON'T BE AFRAID TO GO OUT ,CHECK OUT HOW MANY GIRLS THAT Y.O.U. LOOK BETTER THAN.            HUGS & WISHES     PHYLISS    :-*
      October 17, 2002 12:47 PM BST
  • Laura, I've thought about that a lot myself, but the one difference is that they don't have to pass as females - they are females, so they don't have to be "on" all the time. They don't have to impress others with their femininity in order to avoid trouble. I think we trannies have convinced ourselves that we have to be ten times more feminine than the typical female in order to get by, because we know the truth and we can't help but be self-conscious about it.

Even though I'm at a point where I can be comfortable dressed in public, I'm still conscious of others around me. Our femininity is certainly not an act, but our femaleness is an act (well, for most of us), and getting over that sense of being in disguise is one of the most difficult things about being a tranny.

Laura, in the end, you're right. We have to remember that most genetic females aren't perfect, and even the ones who look and behave the most feminine aren't all the same height, weight, etc. There is hope, but I think we are often our own greatest obstacles. We have to get past our own perceptions of what others expect from our femininity (I think I just confused myself http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Laugh01.gif ).
      October 18, 2002 2:59 AM BST
  • I think you said,"Just be yourself".
    Sue.X
    Sue. X Psychiatrists are like the eunuch in the harem. They know what transvestism is, they can describe it, they can demonstrate it, but they cant actually explain it!
      October 18, 2002 9:28 PM BST
  • Oh, yes, that was it! http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Wink01.gif
      October 19, 2002 7:31 AM BST
  • Thanks girls :)

I guess you may have some "odd" signs, as big hands, low voice, big nose etc. But not all of them. So, if you have big hands, you´d better train your voice :)

hugs

Laura
      October 21, 2002 8:17 AM BST
  • Donna, try to act "foreign", use a french or italian accent when speaking.... :) That could solve the out of place problem.

hugs

Laura
      October 25, 2002 12:45 PM BST
  • Great advice and support from you all :)

a thankful hug to all of you girls

Laura
      December 5, 2002 7:37 AM GMT
  • *return hug*
      December 19, 2002 2:17 AM GMT
  • Mal:

cha-CHING! (Give the lady a cigarette!!!)

You hit the nail on the head--dress like a GG would, use appropriate amounts of makeup for the situation, and just go.

As for the hand/nose/sitting etc. thing...we all have a certain style, a certain flair for doing even little things. Don't believe me? Go down to the mall and go girl watching (Don't ogle them or they'll slap you and rightfully so). For every GG you see, there will be something different. (In fact, some of the best advice I have ever given a starting tranny is to go do this for two or three hours over lunch. Take notes, ladies...that's how you learn.) Oh, yes...best to keep your hands out of your nose...;D

Luv 'n hugs,

Jayne Sakura :)
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    Living as the woman I am!
      December 30, 2002 7:01 PM GMT