Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Polly Ticks » Perfect World Poll

Perfect World Poll

Tags : None
  • Stevie's Poll on Perfect world  is one of the best I have seen here - I really had to think about that one - and will continue to do so.

I definately would not want to ne normal male - no questin about that - and the more time I spend in female mode the less I want to revert to male mode.

So initially I though I would vote for 1 - Because I thought if I was given the chance now to be female I would probably take it - But I am not sure having thought about it, that I would have wanted to have been born female - I had some great times in my past that I would not have experienced had that been the case - and I actually enjoy the attention I get as a trannie.

I would like to see a world where gender is not an issue and we can all walk down the street wearing whatever we wish and live as female men or masculine women (Actually women already have that bit) - But if this was the case now - what would I do with my life.

OK life is a bit challenging at the moment - and I am having to rethink everything - but I want to be a part of making that change happen - So I have concluded that life is great the way it is - and I have a mission - Time to get on with it.
    Luv and Huggs Rikki xxx Proud to be Transgender
      August 21, 2002 8:51 PM BST
  • I'm glad you liked it. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Stevie02.gif

We all change as we grow and as we gain experience. We get to know more about ourselves and the world around us. I answered that poll based on what I think & feel right now. As I evolve as a person, though, it's possible my answer could change. True, there are some things about each us that never change. For example, I'm 36, and I still don't eat vegetables.

On the other hand, there was a time in my life when I thought I would never consider hormones (and maybe some other things), but that has changed. I still want to remain male, as far as keeping my male organ (and keeping it functional), because I do enjoy heterosexual relationships from the male perspective, even though I don't consider myself a man, socially. However, I really do want my body to be more feminine. I want larger hips, softer skin, a smoother complexion, less body hair, a more feminine voice, and, something I never expected I'd want, prior to a couple of years ago, I'd really like to have fully developed breasts. Yes, the hips and bust line would certainly make the clothes fit better, and that's the excuse I used to give myself whenever I caught myself thinking about hormones. Now, it's not so much about fitting into the clothes as it is about having a feminine (though not actually female) body.

When I was younger, I thought most transsexuals changed sex simply so they could be women publicly without getting hassled. As I've grown more experienced and more mature, I've begun to understand why some males actually desire to become completely female (or as close as medical science can get them). As some of you know, I wear my hair long, and I intend to keep it that way. A while back, I started to notice the signs of hair loss, so I started taking Propecia (a type of testosterone blocker) to prevent that. One of the possible side effects of taking that drug is mild breast development. I don't know whether the drug caused it, or if I'm just getting older and out-of-shape (I did put on a few pounds, but nothing serious), or if it's a combination of things, but I have noticed some puffiness in my breasts over the past year or so. The point is that I like it. When I think about the possibility that more than just puffiness will occur (or would definitely could occur if I took hormones), I get excited.

Think about your hobbies, professions, and relationships. When you first came in contact with those persons and/or things, did you instantly know that you'd want to be as involved with them as you are now, or did your interest in those things gradually gain momentum over time, as you learned more about them and about yourself? Even if we fall in love with someone instantly, or take to some hobby/profession immediately, I doubt that many of us could predict where that interest would take us.

Sometimes, I think it's difficult for any of us to know where we want to be, ultimately, unless we can go from one gradual step to another, and many of us don't really have the social freedom (or, at least we don't think so) to take some of those very important intermediate steps. Some of us can't go to work dressed as women, some can't go out in public at all while dressed, some can't take hormones or make any permanent changes, some can't even dress as they want at home, etc. I agree with Rikki, in that I think if we lived in a mature society that didn't impose sex roles on us, most of us would be able to discover our natural sexual identities much sooner in life and be much less confused about our own futures. Right now, I have no desire to become female. But, if I'm able to do the things I want (take hormones and live & work as a woman, 24/7), then who knows what I'll want after I've taken that step? What I've learned is that there's no reason for me to think that I have to know, today, everything I'll ever want to do for the rest of my life.
      August 22, 2002 5:05 AM BST
  • I definitely consider it a gift, although dealing with other people can be a problem that prevents you from enjoying that gift.
      August 29, 2002 5:02 AM BST
  • I was thinking about this subject again... if you had your perfect world, what you you be doing now (work, family, etc.)?

For those who haven't seen the poll, by "perfect world" most of us mean a world in which your sexuality (and everyone else's) was accepted by society and you were comfortable living your own way, as a male, female, or tranny.

Click here to view the poll.

September 28, 2002 4:19 AM BST
  • Worth more than that Kris.

I think Lisa has said it all for me. TG is fundamental to our nature, take that away and we are somebody completely different. Somebody we might not like.

Now, re-incarnation... sets me thinking :-/

Hugs

Sarah
      September 29, 2002 8:24 AM BST
  • HELLO! THERE IS A THREAD FOR RE-INCARNATION ALREADY, CANT REMEMBER WHERE THOUGH..... JUST A DISTANT PAST LIFE EXPERIENCE!
    ;D
    patience is a virtue, or is it simply a card game, and whos the dealer?
      September 30, 2002 7:14 AM BST