Wal-Mart

Tags : None
  • I know that Wal-Mart has their detractors here and elsewhere, but I wanted to share my good fortune today. I was able to get a pair of low-heeled knee high boots in my size (10.5W) for less than $15. (Sorry, can't go the high heel route - can't walk in them worth anything, plus with my 6'2" height, it really "outs" me.)

Also spotted other bargains there, such as a mid-calf blue plaid skirt for $7.

Always able to find decent things there for not much money, but gotta make sure of the fit. Some things fit really well, other things totally lousy. Most of the time, I end up taking things home to try them on, because the fitting room people tend to look through your items, and I haven't really gotten over my fear of trying on girl stuff with their knowledge.

Just wanted to share my good fortune.

Renee
      December 28, 2004 7:45 PM GMT
  • hi carol ..... i wanted to ask you how your experince was shoping at walmart in enfem? i asume that you were dressed and was wondering how it went. did you have any problems while you were there?

thanks
    Ashley
      May 17, 2010 1:20 AM BST
    Hi to Carol and Ashley both, fwiw, I've been in Walmart to purchase items for my girlside, both enfemme and in boy mode and never had any problem with the sales people at all, though I have gotten the occasional look (in girlmode) from some of the patrons...though some of them make me want to stare right back, for sure. Like many other places, sizes in women's clothes vary wildly. I haven't had any hassles taking women's clothes into a fitting room to try on.

Of course, like anything else having to do with being more or less open about being differently gendered, mileage may vary depending on where you live and so on. Being careful about how you present and how upfront you are is very much a personal matter. Good for you on your purchases, Carol.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      May 17, 2010 3:34 AM BST