Pantyhose Shades

• January 24, 2005 1:27 PM GMT
    Hi Shirley,
    I will start off by saying I love pantyhose and unlike most women who find them extremely uncomfortable, I on the other hand find pantyhose to be very comfortable and get me the perfect fit. a woman once told me that in the winter time you should only wear dark shades of pantyhose except for a formal event, which bothers me somewhat seeing that I have no formal events lined up and I truly prefer the natural shades. Can I get away with a natural shade of pantyhose in the winter for a non-formal event?
  • January 24, 2005 8:21 PM GMT
    I am planning to wear a black skirt with black pumps, on Friday nite. I don't mind the cold because my coat reaches just above my knees just want to make sure I don't look foolish in natural stockings and blend in on Friday nite?
  • January 25, 2005 1:49 PM GMT
    Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the useful tips I guess you are saying I should go with black. You gave me many factors I should consider before I get dressed and that will definitely help me in the future.

Thanks again
  • January 24, 2005 2:34 PM GMT
    Shan

Personally I find glass - smoked, tinted or even at a pinch mirrored is the best material for shades. Stocking material of any colour just makes things look all blurry, and makes you look silly! Though my Cinematographer friend tell me it's often used on movie lenses to give that soft-focus look.

Cerys xx
    (Whaa .. Did I miss the point, again?)
    • 2573 posts
    January 25, 2005 7:24 AM GMT
    Mirella,

Don't forget your body type when choosing shades of stockings. A stocking/shoe color match with make your legs appear longer and more slender than two differing shades. Also, dark colors tend to make you seem smaller. (Dark recedes/Light advances). High ankle straps also can break the line on a long leg with light hose. ("chop you off at the ankles") yet straps that wrap up the calf can make your leg seem thinner. Sometimes you just have to pass on something to look your best. Sad, but true.