Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Passing in public » Green light from the voice therapist

Green light from the voice therapist

Tags : None
  • My voice therapist said to me yesterday that we can slowly close my case. I pass with my voice now and can go on by myself. We agreed yet about two more sessions, on my initiative. I feel I could still use them. And they cost only lousy 6 euro each.
    She said the learning process of the new voice is a very comlex one. Your voice cords must get used to the new voice and so does your brain. The problem is that both your brain and your voice producing organs "remember" a long time your old voice and your voice may drop back to the old, especially if you must explain very difficult things, where your brain is involved in the thinking process and away from the voice control. I have reached the point that my voice is constantly in the feminine range and drops only occasionally a bit lower, rising back right away.
    She said, that is not bad, only normal after so short time. And such drops will disappear with time by themselves.

Laura
      February 2, 2005 6:41 AM GMT
  • that's very interesting laura. you continue to be a source of inspiration to girls like myself, thank you.
    xx
      February 2, 2005 2:27 PM GMT