TO PEE ,OR NOT TO PEE!!!

• October 18, 2002 4:49 AM BST
    HI GALS,DONNA YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT SOME TRANSVESTITES LEAVING SEATS UP,ETC. ANY GIRL WHO IS TRANSEXUAL WOULD NEVER LEAVE THE SEAT UP.ANY PERSON OF TRANS GENDER WHO USES THE LADIES ROOM SHOULD BE SITTING DOWN,  8) ,NOT STANDING UP TO GO.SINCE I CAME OUT , I ONLY STOOD UP 1 TIME ,WALKING MY DOG ON MY FARM, I GOT CAUGHT SHORT & HAD NO CHOICE  :-/  I EVEN SIT DOWN IN MY HOUSE ,WHEN I'M HOME.IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A WOMAN,YOU CAN'T REGRESS OR KEEP JUMPING BACK & FORTH BETWEEN GENDERS TO SUIT YOURSELF.IF YOU THINK YOU'RE A WOMAN,THEN BE A WOMAN ,IF NOT,USE THE MENS ROOM & CONTINUE PISSING IN A URINAL.... LOVE & FLUSHES ---PHYLISS
    • 246 posts
    October 17, 2002 11:25 PM BST
    you're on a roll girl! keep up the high spirits...

j.
    8)
  • January 24, 2003 2:05 AM GMT
    does that mean you can still be married to 6 women at the same time in Utah, but you had better not wear their clothes?
  • October 9, 2002 4:19 AM BST
    HI GIRLS, YOU'RE OUT FOR A NIGHT OF FUN "ENFEMME" & YOU GOTTA GO .... :o   WHERE DO YOU GO MENS OR LADIES ROOM  :I'M OUT ALMOST EVERY DAY ENFEMME ,& I'VE LEARNED TO USE THE LADIES ROOM ,BUT IN SOME SITUATIONS I LOOK FOR A GENDER FRIENDLY REST ROOM ,THOSE ARE THE ONES WITH THE MAN & WOMAN SIGN ON THE DOOR .IF YOU'RE OUT AS A MALE IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO SCOUT THESE PLACES BEFORE YOU GO "ENFEMME"..... STRANGE STORY   I HAVE PROSTATE PROBLEMS AND HAVE TO GO ALOT. BEFORE I BLEW MY CLOSET UP,WHEN I WENT TO MY BANK ,WHICH HAS 4 OF MY ACCOUNTS,THE MANAGER ALWAYS LET ME USE THE FACILITY IF I NEEDED IT.TODAY ENFEMME ,AFTER ALL THE TELLERS GOT UP OFF THE FLOOR FROM THE SHOCK OF SEEING ME ENFEMME. "I'M SORRY YOU CAN'T USE OUR RESTROOM DRESSED LIKE THAT".TO THESE GOOD CHRISTIAN WOMEN I WAS THE  THE DEVIL IN A DRESS  :o I ALWAYS DRESS TASTEFULLY & LIKE A LADY,NOT LIKE A TRUCK STOP TART. LET'S HEAR FROM YOU GALS.....LOVE PHYLISS    P.S MAYBE THEY WERE AFRAID I MIGHT LEAVE THE SEAT UP.  
  • January 20, 2003 3:31 AM GMT
    TOXICA DEAR, IN THIS COUNTRY LAW ENFORCEMENT CAN DETAIN YOU FOR 24 HRS. WITHOUT A WARRANT,& BELIEVE ME THEY'LL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SEXUAL IDENTITY IF THEY REALLY WANT TO.SOME STATES ARE MORE LIBERAL THAN OTHERS,BUT THEY CAN MAKE LIFE MISERABLE FOR YOU IF THEY WANT TO. I JUST RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT MY STATE HAS NO LAWS REGARDING RESTROOM USE. BEING A NATAL WOMAN IT'S EASY FOR YOU TO USE EITHER R.R.,BUT T-GIRLS FACE OTHER PROBLEMS.FOR LOTS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE, WERE JUST A BUNCH OF Q----RS AND SHOULD BE MURDERED EN MASSE,SO GIVE US A LITTLE CREDIT FOR BEING EXTRA CAREFUL ON THIS TYPE OF SUBJECT....T-GIRL POINT OF VIEW....PHYLISS
  • October 17, 2002 1:02 PM BST
    HI GALS, I'M SORRY SUEKIE, IF I GAVE THE IMPRESSION OF RIDICULE OVER THE BATH-REST ROOM WORDING. EVERYONE HERE IN THE USA CALLS THEM ONE OR THE OTHER,THEY WERE WHO I WAS MAKING REFERENCE TO.I KNOW FROM READING YOUR POSTS THAT YOU TRY VERY HARD TO "AMERICANIZE " YOUR WORDING ,SO THAT WE DUMMIES   WILL UNDERSTAND.   MEA CULPA & LOVE.....PHYLISS    
    • 539 posts
    October 17, 2002 1:46 AM BST
    I like one of the British terms; it is brief and to the point - "the loo".  We Americans should adopt that term.

Heather H.
    • 90 posts
    October 21, 2002 8:28 PM BST
    Hi Heather,

An interesting thought:

What if I were dressed and went into the male restroom to (hopefully) avoid the legal hassle?

Discuss.

Inquizzy Hugs
    Annie
    • 539 posts
    October 21, 2002 6:54 PM BST
    Just another word on legal issues with the public loo in the U.S...

Our form of government is rather decentralized, so laws governing this (and practically everything else) can vary widely from location to location.  I suspect that some of the more liberal states and cities would not have legal problems with trannies using the ladies' room.  In some places, a law might be on the books but would not be enforced.  In Utah, the law is on the books and it is enforced, so it is wise to be careful here.  Someone has to complain, however, before the law will be invoked, so if you pass well and fully understand restroom etiquette, you will not have a problem.

As a side note, it is wise for trannies to avoid L.D.S. church properties in Utah.  Their security personnel have a nasty habit of accusing trannies of using the ladies' room, even when they haven't been.  Of course, the accusation is hard to prove, but it can still cause problems.  This hasn't happened to me, but it has happened to others here.

Before visiting the U.S., especially if you worry about being read, it would be wise to research the laws of the location you are visiting.  (Unfortunately, I don't know where to look; there is probably no centralized source.)

In conclusion, parts of the U.S. are extremely backward and old-fashioned, with attitudes in some areas being similar to those in the middle east, so be careful here!

Heather H.
  • October 16, 2002 3:54 AM BST
    DEAR SARAH, WHAT A PISSY STORY   ;D   TOO BAD THEY TORE THOSE PRIVIES DOWN. IT SEEMS THAT THEY NEED TO HAVE ONES MARKED "THIERS",ESPECIALLY FOR US!!!!!BY THE WAY WHY DO THEY CALL THEM "RESTROOMS OR BATHROOMS".I NEVER SAW ANYONE RESTING OR TAKING A BATH   : ???  LOVE & PISSES......PHYLISS  
    • 539 posts
    October 25, 2002 3:07 AM BST
    Donna, it looks like you might occupy a gray area.  As far as I know, if your ID says you are female, then you are legally female.  At least if someone questioned you, you could present the ID and that would take care of the problem.  But if there is anything there that says "male" then you are probably violating the law.  However, if you pass well, and don't draw attention to yourself, then the chances that you will run into a problem are extremely slim.  I know a few transsexuals who are mid-transition and do not yet have a legal gender change; they use the ladies' loo all the time and have reported no problems, although they are technically violating the law.  They do, however, avoid LDS church facilities, as that is the most hostile territory.

These laws are probably not unique to Utah, so be careful elsewhere in the U.S. as well.

If you (or anyone else) is coming to Salt Lake, and you are nervous about the bathroom issue, I can send directions to a few "friendly" places where the law would not be enforced, and to some unisex one-holers.

I hope this helps.

Heather H.
    • 539 posts
    October 11, 2002 1:56 AM BST
    In Utah (where I live) and probably elsewhere in the U.S., there are legal issues with restrooms.  It is possible to get cited for lewdness or some other offense if you go into the "wrong" one.  I try to plan ahead, and I keep track of where the unisex restrooms are.  Luckily, I can "hold it" for a long time.  However, once a legal change of gender is obtained, using the ladies' room is no longer a problem.

Heather H.
    • 539 posts
    October 21, 2002 11:37 PM BST
    Here is the dilemma, at least in places where it is illegal to use the restroom for the gender opposite to your "legal" gender...

Use the women's room and risk getting read and possibly prosecuted, or use the men's room and risk getting attacked.

Where I live, I see unisex restrooms or restrooms in "friendly" places such as gay coffeehouses or the gay/lesbian center as the only real options.  Some trannies even bring a bottle in the car in case of emergencies.  The laws and social customs certainly need to change.  When traveling, at least in the sparsely populated west, an "unofficial restroom" (behind a bush near a freeway offramp) can be a good option.

Heather H.
    • 2 posts
    August 21, 2004 10:28 PM BST
    I just wanted to get my two cents in on this. I have used the ladies room on multiple occasions. Only once have I been looked at suspiciously. Most of the time if you don't loiter there is usually no problem. The actual worst time I got was when I took some extra time in the stall to straighten myself up and there was a line outside. The girl going into my stall gave me one of those its about time looks.

I do make sure that I wipe if I pee though since usually I am taped. Afterwards I always check my make up before departing.

Barb
    • 1 posts
    September 4, 2004 1:27 AM BST
    On a matter of language terms - the Americans probably use a more proper version of English - than the English. (And I'm a white middle class Englishgrrl so you can't call me biased!)

Modern (UK) English has 4 main forms:

Proper High English (aka Queen's English)
    Technical High English (Science Books, etc.)
    Common English
    Common Low English

The first is the absolute official standing; The second has high degrees of latinisation (procreation, copulation, etc.); The third is what we'd use to buy two pints of lager and a packet of crisps. The last involves large amounts of swearing (and is about as close to Anglo-Saxon as is currently possible while being understood).

US English is closer to the second than the third.

(spot graduate)

But anyway................

The point on 'lewd acts' IS relevant to English law (and very relevant to N Ireland, where entry to the 'wrong' toilet can essentially be regarded as illegal under these terms and not a matter of discretion. until very recently, any public act of 'deviant' behaviour was banned in NI.)

Unfortunately, the English common law is such a mess that it is difficult to give a precise definition of 'how lewd' you can be in this small space - especially since each police force also takes a slightly different view based on local conditions. Doing so in a small village in Cumbria is more likely to end in arrest than in a Soho bar even if both sets of landlords object. In the latter case you are more likely to simply be told to go home as they have other, more important, things to worry them on a Friday night than to start filling in an enormous pile of after arrest paperwork over someone using the wrong toilet.

That's vague but going somewhere.

I've only ever been out in public once when dressed (barring private parties - should you consider that 'public' or 'obvious jokes' like RAG parades or bed pushes). The hardest bit was a cobbled street in 5" heels resulting in a very unladylike position. That time I used both the male and female toilets (not at the same time) - the former more out of habit. At one point I used the urinal. I wasn't out of place though (Bristol's Winns.) The others were sit-downs.

Alice
    For me, dressing is a private thing just for me and an appropriate girl or a few friends. What are your opinions?
    1: Totally private - for absolutely no-one else.
    2: For you and your partner only
    3: For you and a few freinds.
    4: For many people, mainly in the TG community however.
    5: For all, but keeping quiet as to genetics
    6: For anyone who's interested and not afraid of showing off you are a TG
  • March 10, 2003 7:16 PM GMT
    dear donnarose here in brooklyn new york it is also an offence for a guy to use the ladies room.i found that out when i had to make a pit stop in one of my stores,i wear my feminine undies under my drabs so i went to the ladies room and when i came out someone saw me and said what was i doing in there and i had to say something quick so i told him that i had made a mistake and quickly got out of there.so now in my stores i always use the mens room and try to make sure its unocoupied so i can put myself back toghether love phylis anne
  • March 27, 2003 12:20 AM GMT
    Definitely "The Ladies Powder Room. As long as you are dressed like a real lady and actlike a lady.You certainly be introuble going to the mens room. Some places have unisex disabled toilets. That would be neutral and OK. The Powder Room usualy have nice big mirrors to touch up your make up. Some of the powder rooms at palces like the theatre or opera. have long line ups at intermission though. Ive never had any problem there as long as Im dressed for the occasion. Been complimented for my lovely evening dress and asked where did I buy it
    Love Joanna

• September 8, 2003 3:08 PM BST
    If you're not sure of the legalities of using the ladies room try and find the disabled toilet. Sometimes these are unisex and seperate from the male and female toilets, plus they generally have more room to sort yourself out once you've finished.
    Unfortunately these toilets are increasingly being locked but if you find one use it, just have a plausable reason if asked. I say I'm Diabetic and need to administer insulin in private.

love and hugs
    Alexandra
    xxx
    • 530 posts
    October 18, 2002 9:44 PM BST
    You traitor! You stood up.But maybe I take things to extremes.I exercise my choice not to stand (not that I will be able to soon),even when outside.Having said that,most womens trousers/jeans have zips that are shorter,or on the side or back,if they even have a zip.And knickers(panties to you) are also a litte different in front! Combine that with a slight deficiency in lengthand...need I go on? Whoops,think I already did!
    Sue.X
    • 530 posts
    October 10, 2002 11:19 PM BST
    How does the law stand on the use of 'restrooms'? In the UK,there is no specific restriction on where you 'go'. Obviously,with short hair,3 days growth,and totally drab,you don't go in 'theirs'! But there is no law against doing so.Which surprised me when I found out as I started transition three years ago.Women can also use the mens by the same token.
    In general,we in the tend to be quite laid back where I live.Often in a local pub,if one is full,either sex will use the opposite room.No problem! Mind you,the different attitudes took some getting used to at first-it's more like a communal chatroom.Not like mens,where even looking at someone could get you in trouble!
    Sorry I can't provide any juicy stories though.It just hasn't happened.
    Sue.X
    • 530 posts
    October 17, 2002 9:42 PM BST
    Hi Phyliss.The real fun starts when 'Mabel' gets involved.I believe she is a US citizen,and what she can do with words that are quite acceptable here is unreal! Anyway,that's beside the point.What I was going to say was that many terms are creeping in here,includiing the euphemism bathroom.Which I find as amusing as you do.Not that we an complain-the French have le weekend,for goodness sake! And the Germans speak better English,and...

I can take a hint.I'll shut up.
    Hugs,Sue.X
    • 530 posts
    October 21, 2002 10:36 PM BST
    You would probably then break some sort of law on incitement,as in the UK!
    May I suggest you all scratch Utah from your 'interesting restrooms to see in the US' itinary.
    "Dad,I need..". "I TOLD you to go before we left!"
    Sue.X
    • 530 posts
    October 16, 2002 9:44 PM BST
    Phyliss,WE don't call them either restrooms or bathrooms. I am merely pandering to American sensibilites.In the same way,I will often use 'americanisms' to permit better understanding-we have so many US tv imports,we can speak your language better than many of you speak ours.And to think we both speak English-NOT.
    Sue.XX
  • October 20, 2002 9:12 AM BST
    Hi Sue

Down South ;D ;D ;D

Hugs

Sarah
  • October 13, 2002 9:29 AM BST
    Hi Phyliss

My first experience was on one of my early jaunts when I was about 80 miles from home and realised I would have to go. I'd been driving about and found a female toilet in a car park in the centre of Dover. At the time I wasn't very comfortable getting out of the car, so I sat and watched the toilet getting more and more uncomfortable. I counted them all in and I counted them all out and when I was sure there was no one in there I plucked up my courage, left the car and went in. The relief, in many ways, when I shut the toilet door and sat down was huge.

Then I heard somebody enter and panic set in so I finished and set about re-arranging my under-pinnings, which takes time, and dashed out. Only to find a traffic warden looking at my car! Panic! Panic! 180 degree turn, round the back of the toilet to the ticket machine, only to find a bloke approaching at the same time. Panic! Panic! Panic! He graciously waved me to the machine first so I stood there, fumbling in my purse, put £1 in, way too much, got my ticket and went back to the car.

By now, the traffic warden is about to start writing a ticket. As I approach he says

"Is this your car madame?"

"Yes", squeak I (Dover being a cross-channel port, I had briefly thought about responding in french, fortunately my autonomic reflexes had taken over)

"Do you have a ticket madame"

Limp-wristed wave of ticket.

"Thank you madame" and he walked away.

Relieved, I got in the car. My first thought was "Blimey, I need the toilet". After I had settled down my second thought was that I'd been through all that and nobody had read me. Even the traffic warden, who was still only a couple of cars away, had never looked back. This was my first real human interaction outside of the cocoon of the car and, by now, I was on a real high. So high that I even took a photo of "my first toilet". I still have it, but I do stop short of carrying it around in my handbag. I drove back home on Cloud 9.

On my next jaunt I thought I would visit it again, make it the high point of my trip  8). I drove into the car park expecting to find a blue plaque on the wall "Sarah Dartford pee'd here". What did I find? They'd knocked it down. "Humpf, that's really taking the piss".

Since then I've found other female toilets, all outside, that I use. Although, on one occassion I did use a toilet in a motorway service area.

Got to go.

Sarah

• 530 posts
    October 19, 2002 2:53 PM BST
    East or West Looe? I used to go there a lot! But I can't remember where the restrooms are.
    Sue.X
  • October 19, 2002 10:55 AM BST
    Hi Heather

It's a neat word, unless you live in Looe in Cornwall.

Hugs

Sarah