Conspiracy Theories.

• 112 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:23 PM BST
    When it comes to name calling.........
    Call me what you like, but don't call me late for breakfast.

love and light, left or right?

• 86 posts
    July 18, 2005 4:59 PM BST
    Some of the debate on the thread "Re The on-going war, etc.," turned upon the question of, "Were the current U.S. administration complicit in the destruction of the Twin Towers?"...My own view is that, unless evidence to the contrary emerges, then I remain to be convinced...However, there is precedent for those who do believe in the theory...Most obvious is the detruction of the German Parliamentary building, supposedly done by the Dutch "lunatic", Van Der Lubbe, but in fact the work of Herr Goering and his Gestapo, via a secret passageway into the building, then there was the supposed Polish attack upon a German radio Station, again the work of the Gestapo, which was used as one of the reasons for the invasion of Poland...A less well known affair was the deliberate de-stabelisation, 1878/9, of the border between Natal, and Zululand, by the governor of the Cape, Sir Bartle Frere, which led to the, initially, disasterous invasion of Zululand by Lord Chelmsford...But what about Princess Di, J.F.K, Bobby K., Martin Luther King?...Is there really more to their deaths, then what we have been told?
    ...Oh, and let us not forget "Area 51"...I have already said that unless contrary evidence emerges, I accept the status quo...
    ...What about you?

Much Love.
    Elly.
    XXXXX
  • July 18, 2005 5:32 PM BST
    And I thought JFK was taken out because he signed an executive order that would have eliminated the Federal Reserve.
    If we are talking about conspiracy theories how about...
    FDR setting up Pearl Habor to bring the US into WW2 against the wishes of the US Population.
    or the Face on Mars or the carberator that gets 200 mpg
    One can conjure up a conspiracy theory for everything... the great thing about conspiracies is you don't need any proof just a vivid imagination.
    • 86 posts
    July 18, 2005 5:39 PM BST
    Keep 'em coming girls.
    Elly.
  • July 18, 2005 6:10 PM BST
    Yeah here's one Sandi's a raving right wing nutcase definately no proof needed
    Yes definately right wing.....
    But unlike the left wing we can carry on a debate/conversation without resorting to name calling...
    • 86 posts
    July 18, 2005 6:11 PM BST
    Ziggy, there is no doubt that the Falklands War helped the conservatives back to power in June '83, but is there anything else? Did the previous Conservative administration's decision to withdraw the Royal Navy survey ship from the South Atlantic, precipitate the Argentine invasion of the Falklands, and if it did was it a deliberate act?...Remembering how Mrs T., and her cabinet were running around like headless chickens when the invasion became apparent, I remain to be convinced, which doesn't mean that I consider your views to be irrelevant, this is, after all, an open debate.
    Much Love.
    Elly.
    XXXX
    • 86 posts
    July 18, 2005 6:16 PM BST
    Ziggy, I well know that Sandi can hold her own in a verbal scrap...I've got the scars to prove it!, So I beg that you respect her opinions...Even if you don't agree with them, and please ditch the name-calling...It demeans both you and your argument.
    • 86 posts
    July 18, 2005 6:22 PM BST
    Ziggy...Evidence?...And I got somewhat confused as to whom was saying what to whom, but I'm okay now... I think.
    • 86 posts
    July 18, 2005 6:32 PM BST
    Hi Meredith. How about toast always falling buttered side down?
    Much Love to you.
    • 588 posts
    July 18, 2005 6:52 PM BST
    The problem is that if - and I repeat IF - any goverment agency or group affiliated with a government were actively promoting terror this would not happen in a straightforward manner. So, jumping at conclusions would very easily make anyone look... well, foolish - or... delusional, if you like.
    Anyone remembering the Antrax attacks - and, especially the attack on Tom Daschle - in the fall of 2001 ? This was instrumental in getting the support of the Democratic party for the Patriot Act. And at the time it was believed that it was "Al-Qaeda". Well, it wasn't. And if the "rightwing extremist nutcase" really acted on his own we will probably never know.

Linda

Wish those old ghosts would keep within my shadow.
  • July 18, 2005 7:03 PM BST
    Ziggy, Just because I don't agree with opinion doesn't mean I don't respect it.
    • 86 posts
    July 18, 2005 7:06 PM BST
    Linda, I remember the incident now that you have mentioned it, and it does make one think, especially along the line of "Who benefits?", obviously the U.S. incumbent government got the most out of that event, so who knows?, and in the U.K. there have been, and still are, efforts along those same lines. I, for one, am inclined to accept your hypothesis.
    Much Love, Elly. XXXXX
  • July 18, 2005 7:45 PM BST
    A new Conspiracy Theory with the London Suicide Bombers.. if they were in fact Suicide Bombers how did they find 2 unexploded
    devices and who were they attached too?

There are way too many conspiracy theories to go around.
    • 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:27 PM BST
    Isn't it amazing..

most of the worlds governments can't tie a shoelace without screwing it up.. given the general level of government competence in a wide range of areas... what is it that makes people think they actually plan stuff..

a politician is someone who can drop a stone and claim the credit for it falling, then blame someone else for the thud as it hits the ground.

opertunisitc sharks i can understand.. capable of enough thought to run a conspiracy.. yeah right..

moon landings.. real or not.. yeah they real, twas the last one, the secret one they didn't tell peeps about. hid the launch with some posters about pinkos under the bed or something..

i know cus like i wus there..

i saw it all...

the sodding LEM landed in me garden, still astronut on toast works for me...

i'd say the lander makes a nice windchime.. but like christ theres not atmosphere up here..

yours..

if-not-on-the-moon-then-on-something-else

• 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:58 PM BST
    ahem...

falklands war is a classic case of 'he hit me back first' politics, basically a mess.

belgrano = political mess over something thats basically a military operation, acutally belgrano wasn't the target but '25th demayo' (question on spelling) was quiet sensibly hiding.

thatcher did quiet well out of it (opertunitisc shark), but then the junta was basically trying the same stunt..

result: peeps dead.. polticos alive.. as always.

as usual the whole thing could probably have been avoided..
    • 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:16 PM BST
    conservatives not clever enough to plan sommink like this
    • 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:27 PM BST
    sticks and stone may break my bones...

but whips and chains exciiiii ok me not finishing that one
    • 338 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:34 PM BST
    my next door neighbour tis bright red and square.. with an egg fettish..

if this ain't fantasyland me in biiig trouble
    • 112 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:40 PM BST
    Hi clair,
    Ive never tried egg fettish, is that with lettish, hon? (all those soft damp leaves....shudder...oops

love and light , eat out all night
  • July 18, 2005 9:47 PM BST
    I'm sorry ziggy, but what you said too Anna has really pissed me off too. That was plain uncalled for.

And I'm sorry - you do live in a fantasy land as do we all. Reality is a subjective process and experience, and for as long as you are unable to grasp the basic fact that each of us have our own unique opinions, fears, quirks, personalities, and environments that with other things go to make up the way in which we all experience the world differently, then I'm afraid your world will never grow beyond wherever it's at now.

The way you view the world is not suitable for everybody, and is by no means 'the one true way. You certainly have no right to deride others with it. The concept is called individuality -stop preaching it and start living it ziggy. There's far more to the concept than you seem to be aware of.
    • 588 posts
    July 18, 2005 11:03 PM BST
    Fear of fantasy, fear of dreaming: state of denial.

Linda
  • July 18, 2005 11:41 PM BST
    Hi Ziggy,

I'm not going to take any sides on the original subject of this Thread. However, regarding your girls comment, keep in mind that the TW community is a wide spectrum of people - from xdressing individuals to fully transitioned women.

I urge you to apologize to Anna-Marie and the other Girls here.

You have hurt a number of them deeply.

regards,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 86 posts
    July 19, 2005 7:46 AM BST
    An apology to my sisters.

Had I known that beginning this "Debate?" would have resulted in a "free-for-all" slanging match, then I would not have done it, for this I am sorry.

I will think very carefully before I offer anything else.

Much love to everyone. Elly. XXXXX
    • 614 posts
    July 19, 2005 3:18 PM BST
    ZIGGY 1stly let me correct you in 1 of your earlier posts you called anna marie a m2fTV when in fact she is not tv SHE is TS , secondly i think you should apologies as youve upset alot of girls , anna marie , myself , clair and lots others are not living in fantasy land ,we get out and about as are sleves to many a things we mix wiht others frm this site and from other sites on the net we have a life , this is not menat nasty ziggy but you say you go out , DO YOU ? and i dont mean as a bloke(if you get out prove it come to tms in aug)
    • 86 posts
    July 19, 2005 4:37 PM BST
    For goodness sake, Ziggy, stop it PLEASE. You are like a dog with a bone. This is a forum for debate, not for vendettas.

On the previous thread, Claire, Jill and I had our differences, but we didn't verbally abuse each other, so please try to do the same.

Much Love Elly. XXXX
    • 1198 posts
    July 19, 2005 5:00 PM BST
    War, Politics and religion.........then the name calling, it always kicks it off on here, still if thats how some rock thier box then sadly for them they ain't really worth getting to know......HEY HO.....hugz Julie xx
    • 1198 posts
    July 19, 2005 5:16 PM BST
    See thats the problem Ziggy you fool.......people judge before they hear the full story as i said before, yes i gave her a thumping, but before you blurt your over sized, non constructive gob off why not ask her what really happened.

Facts dear Ziggy, then come back and say it too me, until then find out the truth about the story and yourself.....Julie(someone who don't really give a shit what you think, and knows where SHE is going)
    • 588 posts
    July 19, 2005 5:23 PM BST
    Z's posting does, of course, say so much more about him than about you, Julie. When I read those words I did guess what he insinuated. And my first thought was: Well, those words - insiduous, evil - exploiting trust and confidence.. could be the words of a psychopath.
    Hugs and kisses from me, Julie. Take care.

Linda
  • July 19, 2005 5:24 PM BST
    Ziggy, put your money where your mouth is...

Please either start practising the respect for others that you so fervantly preach, or keep to your word and leave. Either that, or keep on posting as you are - more and more people will ignore you, and you'll start to look like the fool you are acting at the moment.
    • 588 posts
    July 19, 2005 5:26 PM BST
    And then, his next posting - threatening - confirming my worst suspicions: These are the words of a true psychopath. Lack of selfworth - that's always their problem.

Linda
    • 1198 posts
    July 19, 2005 5:34 PM BST
    Yes ziggy i am lucky to have a partner who LOVES me, this is something you may learn if you ever find it LOVE that is. As for being mentally ill.....yep i am i'm nutz, but ziggy i got my illness through fighting for this country and doing something what i felt was right......not for being someone who doesn't know who and where they are from.

I don't have to be careful ziggy, lots of nasty people around the world tried to do me in, so i ain't worried about a person like you warning me. One more thing ziggy if you have cancer then i hope they catch it in time,but if this is another one of your attention seaking ploys........THEN WHO IS THE SICKO ROUND HERE????????????
    • 1198 posts
    July 19, 2005 7:45 PM BST
    For all the education.....do you not know what a threat is when you say things like this "beware of what I know". To me and most people that is a threat, i don't take kindly to threats especially when people don't back up what they say......i will finish with this discussion as i feel that you are not aware of what you are actually doing or saying.............
    • 614 posts
    July 19, 2005 7:53 PM BST
    ziggy do us all a favour and start respecting others on this site , you are being nasty to every 1 , like some 1 else said you have said twoce on 24 hours about canceling your membership and leaving , r u after symapthy looks that way m e 2 me and sorry you wont get any from me , jj , anna marie and the other girls are frineds you upset and hurt them you upset and hurt me , so ziggy either respect others or do wot your saying about doing CHOICE IS YOURS
    • 614 posts
    July 19, 2005 8:24 PM BST
    um tx , pps , way out extention to the closet ,(scratching head) means being out in public dressed female , um i dont call that closet ziggy , so do you actually go in a dress or skirt etc ?
    • 614 posts
    July 19, 2005 8:25 PM BST
    um tx , pps , way out extention to the closet ,(scratching head) means being out in public dressed female , um i dont call that closet ziggy , so do you actually go in a dress or skirt etc ?
    • 166 posts
    July 20, 2005 5:17 AM BST
    sooo -been gone a while,, what'd I miss -
    nah, not the time to be glib,,, I read all this and was amazed! and NOT in a good way!? I mean what the F**C,,,,
    I come here for some tolerance, understanding and even a good debate on occasion. I've witnessed people masterbate their ego's and go off on rants,seen statements or advice here that actually pissed me off. I settle down and figure, everyone has their opinion and oh-well. I'd agree that Religion, Politics, War(in time of war esp)are volitile subjects,, but this thread seems like SOS to me, And sadly,a lack of tolerance for someone's opinion can easily be matched by no tolerance for certain kinds of behavior. Tolerance hmmm In one way, mine just ran out!
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:26 PM BST
    Zig, I wonder what crossed my mind when I defended you and worked to keep you here. I think my one statement before is true. You like to piss people off because it gives you a sorry excuse not to have friends.

What the hell do you know about anything? As we've discussed here many times before, what makes someone a boy or a girl? Sure, let's talk biology, and who's a GG and who isn't. But let's also talk about people, and what makes them what they are.

Okay, Dr. Ziggy, let's have your thesis. What makes a girl?
    • 2068 posts
    July 19, 2005 12:50 PM BST
    thanks for your support Mere,Michelle and Rhea.i think that we should treat ziggys rantings with complete and utter contempt cos that's all they're fit for.Lets get back to enjoying TW for what it is and stop all this in-fighting.what do you think s? love and xxx anna-marie
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 6:28 PM BST
    Personally, I think it's a conspiracy that I always wind up behind the world's slowest person when I'm in line at the grocery store. Or I get behind the person at the toll both who doesn't have his money ready, if at all.
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:28 PM BST
    I'll be honest here. As an historian, I never put much, if any, faith in conspiracy theories. I know quite a few academics, and none of us take these seriously. Nor do we discuss them. Most are just plain damn silly.

Yes, there are quite a few conspiracies out there. But just because we don't have the immediate answers to a complex problem doesn't always mean there's something underfoot. I also ALWAYS hate it whenever my colleagues say "If X didn't happen, then Z would have." We don't know that at all.

From what I've seen, a lot of conspiracy theorists need to move out of their mom's basement and get a life.

AND BEFORE YOU GET MAD AT THAT ZIGGY - PLEASE NOTE THAT I SAID "A LOT" OF THEM. NOT ALL.

I can see that argument already building.
    • 2068 posts
    July 18, 2005 8:51 PM BST
    as usual ziggy you're talking out of your backside here.Maggie went to war in 82/83to kick some argy butt and get the falklands back in british hands...something the islanders themselves wanted all along.Just remember what the pride of the royal navy did to the argie battleship belgrano......sunk the damn thing! and while we're on about name-calling take a real good look at yourself before slagging off other girls who've replied to this forum....you aint perfect!
    • 2463 posts
    July 18, 2005 9:16 PM BST
    Ziggy, once again you have proven my point. You hate it when people disagree with you and you resort to underhanded tricks to try to win.

I'm pissed off about what you said to Anna-Marie. That was completely uncalled for. Why can't you ever debate without being insulting? If Anna-Marie said anything it's because you brought this on yourself. You love to slap people, then wonder why you get slapped in return.

Anna-Marie IS a girl.
    • 2463 posts
    July 19, 2005 1:07 AM BST
    Zig, I've had just about enough of you. You don't want friends. And to think I defended you.
    • 2463 posts
    July 19, 2005 2:51 AM BST
    Danielle, one of my postings did not make it through. And in another thread I addressed the very issue of biology and being TG.

Since you didn't see it, let me reiterate. No, maybe someone isn't a GG, but, as I wrote, and so many others have written, what makes a girl?

Your posting here mirrors what I wrote in this thread and others when it comes to discussing what it is to being a girl.
    • 2068 posts
    July 19, 2005 12:39 PM BST
    you're the one livin in fantasyland ziggy...as for everything else you've said about me, i'll treat it with the contempt it so obviously deserves.
    • 2068 posts
    July 19, 2005 12:45 PM BST
    you've nothing to be sorry for elly...not your fault it's turned out this way. love and xx anna-marie
    • 2068 posts
    thanks for your support Mere,Michelle and Rhia.i think that we should treat ziggys rantings with complete and utter contempt cos that's all they're fit for.Lets get back to enjoying TW for what it is and stop all this in-fighting.what do you think s? love and anna-marie
    • 2068 posts
    thanks for your support Mere,Michelle and Rhea.i think that we should treat ziggys rantings with complete and utter contempt cos that's all they're fit for.Lets get back to enjoying TW for what it is and stop all this in-fighting.what do you think s? love and xxx anna-marie