Oxford Night Out

• 124 posts
    July 3, 2006 10:12 PM BST
    Sarah, dont leave it too long before you come over as we will deffinetly have to meet up seeing as we come from the same place.take care hun, xx
  • August 29, 2005 11:16 AM BST
    Hi Girls

I have mentioned before that a group of girls meet at the Jolly Farmer in Paradise Street, Oxford on the first Saturday of each month. This coming Saturday (3rd September) Belinda and I will be going there for the evening.
    If any of you fancy a night out and do not want to travel up to London for the Way Out Club or Transformation then why not consider joining us there. Unfortunately there is no where to change at the Jolly Farmer but if you want you could come to our place to change beforehand. If interested drop me a line here.

Hope to meet some of you soon

June
  • September 26, 2005 9:46 AM BST
    It has been noted that the level of attendance at the TV gathering on the first Saturday of each month is not great. There may be many reasons for this - it coincides with Transmission in London; it is held in a public house; there has been nowhere to change for those unable to change at home; the location of the public house; closing time of the pub being 11pm; possible attendees not wanting to leave home in daylight; the list could in fact be endless.
    Girls from the Swindon area have tried to keep the group alive but it needs a local involvement as well.
    Belinda and I visited the Jolly Farmers last night and confirmed that a room is available for changing and it has a large mirror. Although the pub currently closes at 11pm it will be remaining open until 2am on Friday and Saturday nights once the licensing laws change. Public car parking is available locally. The pub is happy to phone for taxis to save customers having to stand out in the street. For those using public transport buses stop just around the corner and most pick up in Queen Street (3 minutes walk away) until around midnight. If anyone is nervous about tuning up on their own they can always come and get changed at ours and we can travel in as a group.

Having used the quick search facility on the site we have noted that there are lots of girls within the Oxford/Oxfordshire area. And according to a lot of your profiles you do want to meet other cd/tv/ts socially. Well have your say on how you would like the scene to develop in the area. Do you know of a suitable venue? Is there anything in particular you would like arranged? Is it held on the best night? Do we want more than one do a month? I'm happy to try and get the scene moving forward but need some ideas from others. If anyone has an idea please leave an entry on this thread.

Thanking you in anticipation

June
    • 515 posts
    July 3, 2006 12:59 PM BST
    next time i am back home in the uk we will have to meet up. i am a home grown Aberdonian ( born in Abingdon lol ) but i now live in the US so the next time i am back to visit i'll drop you a line.
    Take care
    Sara