Waistline - Stomach Problems

• 13 posts
    September 10, 2005 10:30 PM BST
    Hi all

Have a question and would like some advice back from the mob.

I have a problem ie my stomach , I know the only way to get rid of it is exercise and diet.
    But am looking for something to reduce the buldge until I can get back onto the exercise thing. I have a corset but unfortunatley due to it been a corset can be abit restrictive, am looking for something else that will reduce the stomach and allow me to wear sexy clothes instead of baggy jumper to hide the stomach.

Any ideas girls?????
    • 364 posts
    September 11, 2005 10:32 PM BST
    Alcohol tends to make one hungry. Give it up and eat less

Joanne
  • September 12, 2005 8:59 AM BST
    Nicki
    I never used to be too bothered about my size. I was a cuddly 22/24 last September when I first visited Fiona Floyd for a make over. On my first public ouings I never felt out of place as that nice cuddly June. Then I visited my doctor and had my blood pressure taken. Ahhhh I was heart attack material - my blood pressure was very very high. The doctor weighed me and I found out I was over 17 stones. A check of body mass index and I was told I should be 12 to 12.5 stones.
    Just by going low fat and doing lots of walking I've drpped to just under 14 stones. The great thing I'm now in size 16 skirts and 18 tops. I still aim to get down to 12.5 st but not sure my pocket can afford it.
    I also cut out drinking pints of beer every night and only drink now once a week as a guy. Any drinking as June is either low calorie fruit drink of white wine.
    So no special diet - just watch what I eat.

June xx
    • 1083 posts
    September 19, 2005 9:26 PM BST
    Sad to say, luvs, but I am looking--even at a shade less than 180 lbs--at a little something for the tummy area. Part of it, and this has been correlated by three different docs in three states, is due to the amount of singing I do. (I sing at least five-seven hours a week, plus performances.)

The rest of it is that hormonal thing. I still have that Amazon size for a woman...if I could shrink to 5'4" and 120lbs at will I'd look fabulous. (I'd also be rich 'cause you know there are Genetic Girls out there that would kill for that kind of thing...!)

Still, a little shaper doesn't hurt; it's cheaper than a corset, and allows for better bras besides. Two of mine ran less than $10 at Wal-Mart; two others were about that at K-Mart, and you might find one for four times that at Victoria's Secret. (I have one from there as well.)

Luv 'n hugs,

Dr. Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 2627 posts
    September 11, 2005 4:45 AM BST
    Oh great I'm allmost 47 & now I find out I'll never get my pot belly to go away. Well I guess I'll never look like the sexy 20 something I love so much.lol
    • 1980 posts
    September 12, 2005 1:11 AM BST
    Hi Nickie-

I assumed from your post that you were looking for something along the line of a waist cincher or other article of clothing that would reduce your waist line. Of course the other girls are all right, if you want to actually loose inches around your middle, then the only answer is dieting and exercise and healthy eating habits. You know, all the pain in the @$$ stuff.<lol>

However there a lot of foundation garments out there that will help you look slimmer while you're carefully avoiding all those nasty rich tasty foods and snacking happily on carrots and celery sticks. Just be sure to get one that has some boning in it, like a corset does. The main problem I found with the ones I tried were that the elastic ones tend to roll down to your waist which does no good at all.

You might check out these guys:

http://www.barenecessities.com/

and look under shapewear.

Good luck.

Hugs...Joni

PS I just wanted to add that yes, you can diet it off but it takes some doing and you have to change all of your eating habits. You can't just get down to what you want to weigh and then go back to how you used to eat. I went from 250 lbs about 3 years ago to 170 which is what I weigh now. But it is also a major pain in the derriere to keep it off as I'm sure many, many girls here on TW can testify. Once again, good luck.