Fun with Missionaries

• 246 posts
    November 24, 2002 2:20 PM GMT
    my main colleague at work is a jehovahs witness. he was told only recently who i was. he briefly tried to expunge me of the dreaded condition... over the course of two days. But as i have worked with him at the previous company and now this one (about two years) the impact wasnt immense, as he knows me as the DRAB.
    it petered out.... and only brief references now occur, in fun, but with no malice.

mmmm. this coming out might be slightly easier as time goes by.....

another one of julies invaluable insights and sharings, and no, i dont want to be a missionary for the cause -  or do i?

;D
  • November 23, 2002 9:50 PM GMT
    WAY TO GO HEATHER, I LIVE IN THE BUCKLE OF THE BIBLE BELT HERE IN NORTH CAROLINA.THIS IS BAPTIST COUNTRY(PRAISE THE LORD & PASS THE SNAKES !YUCK)TO THE GOOD LADIES HERE ,I'M THE DEVIL IN THE BLUE DRESS,SO TO SPEAK.  :  EARLY CHRISTIANITY WAS A SECT OF JUDASIM,ONLY OPEN TO JEWS.ST. PAUL WAS THE FIRST "ADMAN" FOR CHRISTIANITY.IN ONE OF HIS LETTERS HE WROTE THAT MY GOD KNOWS NO JEW,GREEK,ROMAN,MAN OR WOMAN ONLY HIS CHILDREN.(NOT A QUOTE A PARAPHRASE).HE OPENED THE CHURCH TO EVERYONE,ONLY MOST OF THESE ZEALOTS TODAY DON'T KNOW THAT. THEY READ THE BIBLE & USE WHAT'S CONVIENT FOR THEM.POOR STUPID BASTARDS.....HUGS   PHYLISS
    • 539 posts
    November 23, 2002 7:41 PM GMT
    Yesterday I was in the chat room and something interesting happened:  the doorbell rang and I went to see who it was, and it was two young guys in suits - the obvious sign that they were Mormon missionaries.

I was wearing a long loose-fitting light purple floral dress, just the sort of thing that a Mormon woman would wear to church!  I answered the door and they started in on their usual routine.  As the conversation went on, I informed them that their church would never accept me.  They couldn't figure out why - then, I realized that, in spite of my voice, they had not read me.

Then I said, "You haven't figured it out, have you?"  They were confused.  So I told them that I am transgendered.  Blank stare.  Then I told them that I am a transsexual.  Blank stare.  Finally, I had to get obvious.  I told them that I was born male but that I am in the process of becoming a woman.  They looked rather surprised.  They asked me why I wanted to become a woman.  I explained a little about the scientific theories, but I said that it is difficult to explain.  I am sure it is difficult for many of us to explain; it is just the way we are.

I got into my usual argument of science vs. faith (which I won't repeat here - that would go on forever), at which point they seemed to despair of ever "saving" me.  I refuted their usual circular arguments and sent them on their way with a parting thought.

A few days ago, I attended a memorial service and candle light vigil for people who were murdered because they were transgendered.  I told the missionaries about the service and told them that the reason many of these people were killed was hatred stirred up by religious intolerance.  They had no comeback.

While I argued vigorously with them, I was very polite and I assured them that I accept their right to believe as they do, but that I also have the right to live as I please.  Although it was tempting to try to freak them out, I instead chose to be polite, to show them that people like us are not scary.  If I was lucky, perhaps I opened their minds a little.  At any rate, I probably gave them something to talk about with their friends.

After they left, I went back to the chat room and told everyone what had just happened.  They seemed to get a kick out of it.  It certainly made my day!

Heather H.
    • 1083 posts
    November 25, 2002 11:02 PM GMT
    Now, now, ladies:

Be kind to the nice Mormon missionaries. It's not really a matter of passing or not; all one needs to do is breathe on their glasses and they will get quite foggy. (The missionaries, not just the glasses. After all, 18 months to 2 years with no sex...)

And, while they are not my favorite target, they are certainly the easiest targets to aim for. They ride bicycles here...

...and thus are easy to hit with the Princess Flyer. ;D

(This posting did say "Fun with Missionsaries", didn't it?)

Luv 'n hugs,

"Leadfoot" Jayne Sakura  :)
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
  • November 25, 2002 8:13 AM GMT
    Hehhee

Maybe I should start with policemen and missionaries...

hugs

Laura
  • November 24, 2002 7:39 AM GMT
    Hi Heather

Jolly well done, old girl! Still think you might learn the lessons of Empire; Missionaries are for eating. ;D ;D ;D

Stevie - isn't your middle "m" redundant?

Hugs

Sarah
  • November 23, 2002 9:47 PM GMT
    Well, at least you know you pass with Mormons. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fashionlab/Images/Smileys/Wink01.gif