I need some help...

• 1083 posts
    November 2, 2005 6:04 PM GMT
    ...in doing a new book. (Well, okay. Some of you would say I need help period--but that's another thread, I suppose.)

What I am looking for--and I have a few people already contacted to help me out--are some people who are: cross-dressers, transgenderists, AND/OR transsexuals to answer about 15 questions for me at some length for a new e-book.

The purpose is to better show a side of our lifestyle that frankly, I am not seeing much of. That is, we are not all perverts, but pretty normal folks. We have lives, we work, and we just want to live as women, etc.

The book will be available through Trannyweb, and as such benefits the website. (Katie and I will work out details when it is done and ready to go.)

I will be using your female names only, as well as a country of origin (IE, as an example, "Mina from the US" or "Tabitha from the UK", and so forth. There will be no pictures of anyone--I want to protect your actual identity as much as possible.)

Also wanted--a few "Significant Others" who frequent the website. I'd like some input from that perspective as well. (You'll have different questions.)

Please respond to this posting; questions will be sent out in about two weeks or so. (To those who have already agreed to do this--thanks. You'll have the questions in a few days.)

And...if anyone knows how to reach Sandra (The brains behind T-Log) point her in this direction. I would love to get her involved in this project! Katie, I'd love your input--Tina, Joni, you two as well.

Many thanks to one and all--

Dr. Mina Sakura
  • November 2, 2005 6:15 PM GMT
    I'm happy to help and maybe my S/O too - contact at us at [email protected] best of luck
    • 614 posts
    November 3, 2005 12:32 PM GMT
    send um me if ya want and ill try and help
    • 112 posts
    November 4, 2005 6:02 AM GMT
    hia
    If you'd like to count me in that's cool.....
    And probably my SO also, (She's asleep right now)
    Any thing to help

• 121 posts
    November 4, 2005 7:23 AM GMT
    Hiya Minako-I would love to be included on your list of girls helping you out.As the other girls have stated anything to help.Take care,love and kisses,Allissande,xxxxx
  • November 6, 2005 7:19 PM GMT
    i'm most definitely up for it if you are not already overloaded with volunteers.
    • 773 posts
    November 7, 2005 12:28 AM GMT
    Count me in, Minako. Send via email, and I will participate gladly.
    • 588 posts
    November 7, 2005 7:11 PM GMT
    Seems your book is well on it's way, Minako. But count me in if you want one more.

Linda
    • 1083 posts
    November 7, 2005 7:22 PM GMT
    **Stunned silence, then...**

OMG!!!

Thank you so much, everyone--questions will be e-mailed out Wednesday or Thursday. (I have to finish up the order first, and I have a few things I HAVE to finish for the website--)

Anyone else wants to participate, now's the time to check in; the more the merrier. It'll just make it that much better in the long run.

Thank you all again--and watch your e-mail!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
  • November 8, 2005 10:15 PM GMT
    Im an SO (mum) and i would be more than happy to help.

Dorothy
  • November 9, 2005 10:46 PM GMT
    Im very happy to help, Im an SO (mum)

Hugs Dorothy
    • 1083 posts
    November 10, 2005 6:39 PM GMT
    OKay, everyone--

check your e-mails for one that says, "...and the questions are...." There's no rush on these right now; I'd like them back as soon as possible but I also understand that you have a life. I'd like them back by year's end if possible. Send them to [email protected], if you would.

Also--If you'd like a sample, e-mail me and I will send you roughly what i have right now.

Many thanks, luv, 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 67 posts
    November 11, 2005 2:33 PM GMT
    Hmmmmm........if it's not too late, I'd LOVE to be part of this! I'm sure you know how to email me.

Stacy
  • November 21, 2005 9:49 PM GMT
    I'll do what I can to help out as much as I can
    • 1083 posts
    January 4, 2006 6:11 PM GMT
    Hi again!

I am still looking for replies from a few of you. I can't really get this book going until I hear from at least five of the remaining ten of you.

Please...my editor would like to see this out by the end of April or the first of May. (Never mind the fact that I just sent off a third book to my publisher.) Plus, I'd like to get this project wrapped up. So far, it's been really interesting!

SOoooooo...if you haven't answered the questions I sent you (Or if you never got them, or lost them somehow) e-mail me at [email protected] and I will resend them to you. (Or, if you got 'em and decided you didn't want to participate, let me know. That's okay too! I just need to know.)

Luv 'n hugs,

Dr. Mina Sakura
    • 1083 posts
    January 18, 2006 7:38 AM GMT
    Hi!

I am looking for a few missing responses. If you did not get your questions and are on the list above, please e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know. I really want to get this started on Monday, so I need any responses in my e-mail by 9 PM Sunday night 22 January 2006.

Sorry if I sound a little bitchy--but there's been a few interesting things I have discovered already, and I'm itching to see if a few things are going to hold true!

luv ‘n hugs,

Dr. Minako Sakura
  • January 18, 2006 9:39 PM GMT
    I just compleated your questionair and sent it back to you if there is any thing eles you need I'll try and answer any othe questions you have for me Re: your new book (hope I don't sound to bitchy I just had to do it when I had more time like today sorry for the delay)
    • 1980 posts
    November 2, 2005 7:23 PM GMT
    "And when I talk, I know what people think,
    That it only makes you selfish and in love with your shrink,
    But oh how I loved everybody else,
    When I finally got to talk so much about myself,"

Verse from:
    "What Do You Hear in These Sounds" by Dar Williams

Oh my gosh, Mina, it's like song lyrics come true.<lol> I'd love to participate, if it would be okay. And I think my wife wouldn't mind answering some questions also, though I tremble at the prospect.<lol>

Seriously, I would be very happy to be a participant and to help out whether anything I say is actually used in the book or not. Just let me know what to do.

Hugs...Joni
    • 2068 posts
    November 3, 2005 12:36 PM GMT
    i'd be glad to help!!...just tell me what you want to know huni

Love & xxxxx Anna-marie
    • 2463 posts
    November 3, 2005 9:07 PM GMT
    Count me in. You can write to me at [email protected]. I'll do as much as I can.

Mere
    • 1980 posts
    November 7, 2005 2:06 PM GMT
    Hi again, Mina. I spoke with my wife last night and she said she'd be happy to participate on the SO side of things. Will this be an online type questionnaire or a pen and ink kind of thing? Either way is fine, I'll be happy to send you mailing addy if you need it.

Hugs...Joni
    • 456 posts
    November 7, 2005 7:00 PM GMT
    Happy to help in any way I can
    • 1652 posts
    November 8, 2005 1:12 AM GMT
    I like questions, ask away!
    xx
    • 2463 posts
    January 18, 2006 3:44 PM GMT
    You're not being bitchy, hon. Not at all. I've been delinquent on my answers because of my computer woes. I will do my best to have them to you within the next few days. I promise!

Come on, girls! Let's help her out!