I finally did it! I shaved my legs!

• 20 posts
    December 21, 2005 9:01 PM GMT
    I know Mr. Epilator and Mr. Epilator is not a friend of mine lol

I love your description "and discovered that pain has color. Bright, flashy colors that I didn’t even know existed." See NOW you know what childbirth is like only Childbirth generally lasts longer and you swear more and you are still as hairy as you were when you started

LOL I am getting silly now!

• 67 posts
    November 9, 2005 4:15 PM GMT
    Hi girls! Haven't been here for a while because of changes in my life recently but it's all turned out for the better. I finally met a wonderful woman that's SOOOOO okay with my crossdressing that she's actually encouraging me to do it even more. It's not some hidden agenda on her part (although she IS bi-curious) but a total understanding of why 'girls' like me do what we do. She thinks it's SOOOOO cool to have a new 'girlfriend'! Hard to explain but you ladies out there that have an understanding SO know what I mean.

But to get the my point.....I've been crossdressing for almost 35 years. When I was younger, I had pretty little body hair to speak of so when I dressed up, I thought I looked pretty good. But as time wore on, the hair began to grow in and soon I looked just awful wearing pantyhose or stockings. I avoided shaving my body due to my line of work but a few months after I met my new SO, she encouraged me to give it a try. And I finally did! Aaaaand...........I'm never going back!!! Never, EVER did I realize just how wonderful it was to strut around in stockings and high heels with shaved legs. What a wonderous experience! If I had of only realized how sensational it was, I would have done this long ago. I've been told I've got some nice looking gams and by golly, they look even better wrapped up in silk stockings while shaved. Now I wander around the home wearing the shortest of mini skirts with some incredible strappy high heeled sandals.

I just had to share this with you ladies. I'm just so freaking happy now! The only problems I've had with shaving have been overcome. Instead of changing at work, I just wear my uniform to work. Instead of wearing shorts at the gym, I bought some thinner track pants. Instead of showering at the gym, I just go home and do it as I found a gym closer to my home. Sure, perhaps in the summer I'll have to rethink the shaving thing but for now (over the winter), I'm going to relish and savour every moment I can! I'll be wearing pantyhose every second I can!

Thanks for hearing me out. I just HAD to share this!

Stacy

• 67 posts
    November 10, 2005 4:55 PM GMT
    *L* That's cute! But not to worry.....my SO is a beautician/cosmetician. It was HER suggesttion that I shave completely as she's so cool with my alter ego. And under her instructions, she's taught me how to care for my legs now that they're SOOOOO SMOOTH! If you could only see my dresser! It's full of creams and skin care products and makeup! It's just so awesome! I've never been happier! I'll mention the waxing to her though. Hey, I've come this far, why not go farther?

Stacy
    • 1083 posts
    November 10, 2005 7:03 PM GMT
    Stacy--

"...and there's no going back..."

It is a wonderful feeling...except in 32 degree F (0 degree C) temps. Then, you freeze your buns off.

But outside of that, I haven't gone back either. Just did mine a few days ago, and there's always a little thrill (okay, and since it's cold here right now, chill) when I'm done.

Way to go, girl!

Now...what's next?

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 374 posts
    November 16, 2005 11:42 AM GMT
    Hi Stacy, congrats on shaving your legs for the first time. There is nothing else like slipping on a new pair of sheer stockings or pantyhose over freshly shaved smoothe legs!
    And so happy to hear you have such a supportive SO. It just makes things so much easier

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 67 posts
    November 21, 2005 3:17 PM GMT
    Thank you Monika! I've been in other relationships where the SO was understanding but not as understanding as my current SO. The other day she went shopping and came home with a present for 'Stacy'. A gorgeous bracelet! She's told me that when she's out shopping, she not only shops for herself but for Stacy as well. It's an indescribable feeling to be able to share this with someone special. It's an indescribable feeling to be the 'woman' I've always wanted to be. I really feel a lot of sympathy for some of the 'girls' that aren't able to share their other 'selves' with their SOs lest they be ostracized. But never give up hope. Things DO have a way of working themselves out.

Stacy
  • November 21, 2005 9:16 PM GMT
    Stacy I'm glad your found somebody that knows about Stacy and is willing to go shopping for her and who knows she just may take Stacy out shopping with her some day wouldn't that be soooo nice. and congrats on shaving your legs for the first time. Have you shaven other parts of your body yeat like your underarms and bikini area those are esential for Stacy as well just some thing to think about. Just wish I could get of my house get my own place and find somebody like you did who would support me and help me become Samantha full time but it wil come soon enough (I hope)
    Again congratulations of shaving for the first time and finding a SO who is so suportive of you that is so wonderful I think your So might make a full time girl out of you yet
    • 20 posts
    December 21, 2005 11:16 AM GMT
    Just so you know, you can get away with it in Summer too! If you are ever questioned just tell them you ride a bike. Many cyclists shave their legs because of wind drag or something. Not sure why but I know they do it lol

Now you have learnt the art of the razor let me introduce you to Mr Wax Strip...and you thought surgery was painful...lol
    • 1083 posts
    December 21, 2005 6:51 PM GMT
    Jamie, dear--

Allow me to introduce you to Ms. Epilator! If you think a wax strip hurts, try an epliator. It rips your hair out at 60 MPH. I just tried my new one out today for the very first time...and discovered that pain has color. Bright, flashy colors that I didn’t even know existed.

A few tips that Braun didn’t mention and should have:

1. Use a good moisturizer a few hours before you use the epilator. (I suspect a hot shower would work as well, but that isn’t always practical.)

2. A stiff shot of your favorite adult beverage isn’t a bad idea, either. Maybe even two.

3. You may want to shove a gag in your mouth. Screaming is considered bad form in some neighborhoods.

Anyone else have one of these little gems?

Luv 'n (sore) hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 67 posts
    December 21, 2005 7:56 PM GMT
    Thank you for your kind words Samantha! I appreciate that very much. And to answer your question, yes, I've shaved not only my legs but my underarms and 'bikini' area as well! Hey, why stop only half way? LOL Oh, it took me over 40 years to find the right SO to support me. Like I've said before, there's always hope for everyone too. I used to believe that when you looked up Murphy's Law in the dictionary, you'd find my picture. *L* I just couldn't do anything right. Now it's all falling into place. Your time will come too Samantha. Don't give up hope........

Stacy
    • 134 posts
    December 22, 2005 9:50 PM GMT
    If you take hormones then your hair will become much less. i never need to shave my legs now.
    angel xx
  • December 23, 2005 12:01 PM GMT
    I just have to concur - getting rid of that body hair is spectacular. And having a supportive wife makes it all the easier - don't know why I didn't broach the subject with her earlier. I should have known she'd be ok with it.

I'm a hairy bugger, but finally getting rid of all body hair after 30+ years has kicked me into a new crossdressing dimension. Until now, I've been half-hearted, knowing that my legs looked lousy in pantyhose; and I couldn't wear anything remotely low cut. Now I can wear anything. Ok, I still have a manly build, but being smooth looks so much better and feels electric!

I started with the depilatory cream - messy, smelly and no better than shaving results-wise. Then bought an epilator. Painful and slow and not very effective because it tends to break some hairs and create stubble and ingrown hair problems. Then I tried sugaring - a home kit. Very effective, leaving the skin soft and smooth. But I'm going to a beautician next week to get it done properly. So, conclusion - waxing/sugaring. Painful, yes (though it gets more bearable the more you do it) but it gives great long term results.
    • 20 posts
    December 28, 2005 2:17 AM GMT
    Ok It has to be asked!

Wot The... is sugaring? Sounds rather nice but you said it's painful! I prefer to get waxed by the beauty therapist mainly because I am can't pull wax strips at the right angle! (left handed I think causes this LOL) and they do it much quicker than I can so the pain isn't as bad. LMAO the things we girls do!
  • December 29, 2005 8:05 PM GMT
    The whole sugaring, waxing, epilating thingys all sound way too painful.

Shaving does just fine. I've shaved my whole darn body for four years without problems, except the occasionalt nick or ingrown hair.

The body lotions that "minimize" hair appearance (Aveeno makes a good one for the body and a non-comedogenic one for the face) do wonders, but you have to use them daily and won't see the best results for a couple of months or so. I would day that they ae 50% effective in reducing the speed of growth and the hair thickness.

XXX
    OOO

Kari
    • 1083 posts
    January 6, 2006 12:03 AM GMT
    My epi does save me from one thing: trying to use a blade razor in the shower (as opposed to a tub). Shaving standing up is okay--but if you slip in the shower with a blade, trust me...all h*ll breaks loose. (And blood is a bear to get out of the tile grouting.)

After three weeks, I have decided that the epi is fine everywhere BUT under the arms. Mine are too sensitive, I guess.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 2463 posts
    November 9, 2005 5:38 PM GMT
    Congratulations, Stacy! I know the feeling! However, in my case, I don't think I was as successful as you were with your shaving! I even started a forum thread on leg shaving tips because I all but amputated myself on my first try!

Like Christina Dearlove here said once, there's nothing like hose on freshly shaved legs.

Mere
    • 2627 posts
    November 9, 2005 7:31 PM GMT
    That realy is an awsom feeling.
    • 2463 posts
    November 10, 2005 5:15 PM GMT
    Why not go further? GO FOR IT!!!!

I have my therapist appointment today. While I am drab on the outside, everything else is totally femme.

Good luck, and have fun!

Mere
    • 1980 posts
    November 10, 2005 9:23 PM GMT
    Good for you, Stacy. Feels great doesn't it? Speaking personally I don't think I could ever go back to being "fuzzy" again.

Hugs...Joni
    • 1652 posts
    December 21, 2005 11:26 PM GMT
    I like my epilator. I’m sure it gets easier if you use it regularly (every 1 or 2 weeks). Don’t use it if your hairs are long, use another method then wait until your stubble is 2 or 3mm long before using the epi. If you use it often, the hairs will be shorter and more sparse so it won’t hurt so much. As Minako suggested, after a shower is a great time to do it, the hairs come out much easier when the skin is warm and moistened.
    A stiff drink isn’t a bad idea either.
    xx
    • 2627 posts
    December 29, 2005 6:19 PM GMT
    I see it says for use on face. I'm sure they mean the light hair a woman gets upper lip, chin. When I first read that my eyes watered. Half my face would come off with the hair.
  • December 29, 2005 11:12 PM GMT
    I agree with Charisse. Shaving is fine, at least if you're TV rather than TS. Yes, it's inconvenient having to do it so often, but the benefits far outweigh that. Sheer, superfine hosiery on smooth legs...a low-cut, sleeveless dress...do you really have a choice?