estrogel?

• 134 posts
    November 19, 2005 11:03 PM GMT
    anyone tried estrogel? i just ordered some instead of my usual pills. i heard it is safer but wondered if anyone else had used it & what the results were.
    angel xx
    • 1083 posts
    December 6, 2005 6:28 PM GMT
    Angel--

I have been on a combo therapy of Premarin and Estrogel for a bit now, and I like the gel better. (Good thing, too--they no longer make Premarin in my dosage level.) Premeasured pump, neat, clean--and best of all, at gets more hormone into your bloodstream that much faster.

Good question, sugah!

Luv 'n hugs,

Dr. Mina Sakura
  • January 5, 2006 5:58 PM GMT
    Hi All,
    I have been on Premarin for almost 4 years (1.25mg tabs)now and the development of breasts in the past 3 months have been really good. The doseage hasn't been continuous, but I must now consider estrogel as the alternative.
    After all the bad press about Premarin, I will feel more comfortable to be considering using the gel, so what would be a comparative dose to my Premarin prescription?

I have to say the Hormones have made a fantastic difference, not only to my shape but also my feminization over the years and I am extatic.
    Love Tina Jane
    • 1083 posts
    January 5, 2006 9:02 PM GMT
    Tina--

Follow the directions, dear.

Without looking, I think 1 pump=1.25 mg. So, for example, if you are taking 5 mg Premarin, you'd need 4 pumps of Estrogel.

I do 2 pumps in the morning, and 2 in the evening. And if anyone has actually translated the cuuuuuuute little pamphlet into common English/American, please let me know.

Mine is in British Doctor English, which, like American Doctor English, might as well be in Sanskrit to read.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 1652 posts
    November 19, 2005 11:36 PM GMT
    Hi Angel, I've been using Oestrogel for about 4 months and I'm very happy with it. I used to take 6mg Estrofem per day, now I take 4mg plus 4 squirts (total 3mg estradiol) of the gel.
    So I've increased my dosage slightly (in terms of mg's) but decreased the amount that passes through my liver, in that sense theoretically it is safer. Since i've been using the gel I suspect things have speeded up very slightly, but it's hard to say really, even taking regular measurements. I took some more pics to compare the other day and things are definitely happening, slowly but surely.