At the laser salon

• 588 posts
    November 24, 2005 8:52 AM GMT
    Yesterday I had my first hair removal session. I made my appointment with my middle name. But I did not make much of an effort at passing as anything but TS. Still, I had bought myself a cute shawl, and felt pretty relaxed in my tight jeans and a matching sweater.
    It all went nicely. The lady working the laser has a lot of experience as most TSs here go to her, and she has been doing this kind of work for more than 6 years.
    I did cry a couple of tears. But they were tears mingled with joy...

The best thing, perhaps: She had my name registered, and then, on the screen it said: Sabina L. Born: 22.03.1965.

Linda S
  • November 24, 2005 10:40 AM GMT
    Congrats Linda

I remember having gone for the first 6 months to my epilation under my male name, then my cosmetologist just decided to switch the reservations over to Laura. She had learned the name from me during the epilation hours.
    At the same time I started to use it half-publicly myself, leaving photos for development for Laura T. etc. Until my official name change there was still about 6 months to go.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    November 24, 2005 12:24 PM GMT
    For now it's my facial hair, Sandra. I had more or less decided I would start with everything else at once. But the lady at the salon told me to wait and see. Don't waste your money by rushing, she said, the bxxxd is the most stubborn bit; and the body hair may soften with the hormones. If I wanted I could do a test on my legs, just to see. I'll follow her advice, but with a possible exception for my abdomen, and the few hairs I have on my chest. (I wonder if these could be more efficiently removed by laser - one by one ?)

Yes, Laura, I have this name issue going now. And the cosmetologist kind of helped me too. When I called to make an appointment I first told her I wanted my facial hair removed. You mean your beard, she said. Eeh.. yes, I said. And then she asked me for my name. I said L, my surname. And then she asked for my first name. And I said: eeh... it's O.. eh.. Sabine.
    I have been vacillatig between ending on an a or an e. She actually decided it for me by "hearing what she wanted".

Oh yes, Sandra. Women are extraordinary...

That thing with the photos, Laura - actually reminds me of a small episode yesterday. I received a message from my NY sister asking me what address was the best for sending me a parcel. I replied by telling her I preferred the PB adress at the post office, and that it most probably would be no problem if she used the right name, provided she also used my former first name initials and my surname. With the postbox it's actually only the number that matters. And I told her that it's fine by me if the people at the post office start wondering. Well, they may be doing that already...

Linda Sabina