What do you think

Tags : None
    First off there is no way that I will ever be able to pass.Just too much male junk in the way( five "0" clock shadow, hairy arms ect.). Can't shave arms or trim eye brows because of job & family but would like to go out dressed some what. This comming spring or summer I may be able to go to another city some distance from where I live. I was wondering if it would be in good taste to dress some what. Something along the lines of slacks, hose and kitty heels. Some makeup,(although my makeup skills are about the age of a five year old girl in her mothers makeup for the first time). Should I try this or stay in the safety of my home. I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Maybe I am crazy for even thinking I could enjoy the world as me.I have read other online statements that someone should wear what they want. As I live in red neck country it would be impossible for me to do where I live. Another city is the only choice.
      January 2, 2006 7:03 AM GMT
  • Jo Ann,

Welcome to T-Web! As mentioned above, you'll find lots of advice here. Peruse it first. Practice at home. Try to find a TriEss group in your area: http://www.tri-ess.org/ to see if there is a meeting within a commutable distance from home.

Getting started is hard, but you'll never regret it.

Hugs,

Kari
      January 4, 2006 4:10 PM GMT
    Thanks to all for responding to my post. But the advice given, I have already explored. The support group (Tri-ess) is about a five hour drive from where I live. If I left work as soon as I got off, not bothering to return home for a shower the meeting would be over before I even got there. Also before you can join there is a phone interview and as I don't have a supporting family there is no way to have an interview with my SO in the room. As for blending in, that is what I had in mind. I thought women's dress slacks long enough to cover my short heels would not draw attention. Makeup would only be foundation and power. No red lipstick or nails. Since I cannot be me, I only wanted to be a little of me for a few hours. Again thank you for the responce. Hugs JoAnn
      January 7, 2006 3:38 AM GMT
  • Jo Ann,
    I TOTALY know where you are commin from girl. I live in Redneck country too. I really don't know anybody in the town , cause I just moved here. I do work with the public A LOT. So it makes it hard on me to go out dressed. I hope this don't sound stupid.

Anyway, YOU GO GIRL. CONGRATS.

XXX

Sammie
      January 11, 2006 10:13 PM GMT