Stupid people?

Tags : None
  • Wading through the sea of stupidity, which is speedily submerging our world, will any girls offer opnions about who they consider is the stupidest of all [not including me]?

Much Love to everyone, Auntie Elly. X.

"The Lakeland poets are fantastic,
    So is shopping at Lakeland plastics."
    Metempsychosis.
      January 14, 2006 8:50 PM GMT
  • Hi, luvs--

Last time I looked (on this side of the pond at least), it wasn't considered unconstitutional to be stupid. (It should be, but it isn't.)

As TS/TG/CD, we do seem to have more than our share chasing after us, don't we?

luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    Living as the woman I am!
      January 17, 2006 12:56 AM GMT
  • I'd love to weigh in on this one.

Being that I teach college level history, I have NEVER referred to a student as stupid. Ignorant, yes, but ignorance is simply not knowing. There's no crime in that.

Here is my stupid person, and it comes from a true story.

It was Monday morning. I was heading to my temp job. I was in the elevator in a sour mood. Haven't had my coffee yet. Now, mind you, we are on the main level. The door is open with the arrow pointing up lit to indicate which we were heading.

Sure enough, some numbskull comes up and says "Is this elevator going up." Now we are on the lowest level, the light is on, the door is open AND I HAVEN'T HAD MY COFFEE YET. WHICH WAY DO YOU THINK THE BLOODY ELEVATOR IS HEADING?!?!!? Then the door starts to close and this person starts hollering "Oooh, ooh! I have to get on!"

Really now, people......is it THAT difficult to use an elevator?
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      January 17, 2006 4:02 PM GMT
  • This story kind of fits here, if you consider stupid in the context of stupid regarding your health.

Back when I was 19, I was in college in Sarasota, FL and my only means of transportation that I could afford was an old motorcycle (living on ramen noodle stories to follow... ).

Anyway, as I was from Wisconsin, and had not ever been to FL, except to tour the college, I often filled my idle time with long rides to who-knows-where, following back roads through swamp and farmland, etc.

On one such evening ride, I saw the stereotypical run down farmhouse, complete with falling down barn, dead vehicles about the property and (yes) old major appliances visible on the side of the house.

On it's large, sagging porch with its half-on, half-off paint peeling decor, there was a large family doing something with tan, round containers in their laps. When I say large, I refer to their size. Mom & Dad must have been pushing or over 300lbs. and the two teen/twenties boys must have been 250+. I took my hand off the throttle and waved, as they all were staring at me. Not much traffic through those parts, I guess.

Since I was slowing down, it was easier to see what they each had in their possession: a 2.5 gallon tub of ice cream. Each their own flavor, I guess. And they were sharing a family moment having dessert on the front porch.

Now, I'm not a fitness fanatic, although I do work out almost every day. And, to see such large sized folks having more than their fill of more junk food than they obviously needed just left me laughing for quite a long time.

I come from Wisconsin. One of the top five states for obesiety, and I had never seen such a sight there (perhaps I was not looking hard enough...).

Anyway, that's my "No! No! Dont do it!" stupid people eating too much story.

Who knows, maybe it was fat free yogurt?

Hugs,

Kari
      January 17, 2006 7:08 PM GMT
    Auntie Elly...permit me to revive your thread.
    I missed it 'til now. You want to know about stupid? Well in this part of Texas everybody and his dog seems to own a pick-up truck. Unfortunately, they don't know how to drive them. Everyweek there are police reports in the paper about some farmer(I have nothing against farmers) getting killed in a "one vehicle accident." I drive a Mazda Miata '94, red....policeman's delight...I usually stay close to the speed limit (too many tickets) well these pick-up drivers just have to pass that little red roadster...why I can't figure unless it's something to do with testosterone. Also these pick-up drivers don't follow the rules. Stop signs don't mean anything and stopping at a red light before making a right turn...eh! They also insist on pulling too far out into an intersection so I can see around them. Lately I've noticed they can't make a turn into a one lane street without going all over the curbs. No wonder they're mortality rate is deminishing. To any ladies who drive pick-up trucks and read this ...please don't be offended but please watch out for the "little red roadster?"
    thanks
    lol
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      August 17, 2006 5:01 PM BST
    Studid me ....their mortality rate isn't deminishing it's increasing.....duh
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      August 17, 2006 5:04 PM BST
  • 2 2627
    LOL!!! Nice Trisha

OK mine was going to play golf at a country club. When we got there it srarted to rain a little. I was driving a pick-up & got out to cover my clubs. Out of habit I hit the power locks on the door. The truck was running with the keys inside.
    It started raining harder as I stood outside my truck with no way to get in blocking the entrence to the proshop & to the parking lot.
    I gave up & put a 5 iron through my window only to find out the back window wasn't latched.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      August 17, 2006 6:39 PM BST
  • 8 years old Swim Club Class
    First day there we were all issued with our school colored swimming trunks. Not so bad, it was at the pool when in my excitement to get in the pool and swim in a mindless moment it was pointed out by a lot of laughing children I almost had matching color toe nails.

In my 20’s I near had argument with a car sales man cus I thought the car was missing the clutch peddle …….Ok Ok I had never seen an AUTOMATIC
    Life is to short to be sad and cry. Bring out your inner Joy. Smile in the sun and enjoy life. Blessed be.
      August 18, 2006 10:14 PM BST
  • I drive a purple 1977 Ford F150 4WD pickup.

Clear the sidewalk, here I come!!!!
      August 18, 2006 11:44 PM BST
  • I used to be the Private Secretary to a famous British government Minister. One day I went with him to a conference in a hotel in Berlin. He checked in and went to his room. I took his conference speech, on which he'd made numerous manuscript amendments in blue ink, and walked round the hotel looking for the rest of the British delegation. I went into the bar, which was a large, dimly-lit area with lots of tables. I stepped on to what I thought was a black marble platform to get a better view.

The platform, however, turned out to be a fountain. I fell in, getting my suit all wet, but even worse, getting the Minister's speech all wet too. All the amendments he'd made were illegible. I climbed out of the fountain and slowly walked to the lift in a dignified manner. When I got to the Minister's room I explained simply that his speech had got rather wet. Amazingly, I survived this experience.
      August 19, 2006 12:02 AM BST
  • And that, Karen, is why i carry a spare key taped to a plastic card in my wallet.....fortunately, i no longer have to worry about being locked out of my van. Some addict broke the rear window and tore out the rear panel, permanently
    ruining the lifts for the very heavy back door...to steal the non functional speakers from a 1988 car. Doh!

However, this criminal stupidity pales beside the rocket scientist who robbed my bank some years ago. He cut eye holes in a paper bag and placed it over his head. As the fled the bank, it twisted, blocking his view...he ran into a telephone pole at the curb and awoke to stare up into the faces of enough police officer's faces to nearly blot out the sky. ...and they were all laughing at him.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      August 19, 2006 12:48 PM BST
  • It was Einstein who said, " there are only two things infinite in life: the Universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the Universe." My entire life is proof positive of the genius of a pithy remark.
    Porscha
      October 8, 2006 10:56 PM BST