I need some luck

• April 3, 2006 8:00 AM BST
    I have been selected among about 100 ladies to a group of 12 women in the competition "The most wonderful lady in Finland". The first day, 7 hours, in front of the TV cameras is over and it went just fine. The next studio day will be on May 16th. The competition goes on the whole summer long saturday evenings on our channel one.
    The three finalists will meet each other in August.
    All the best to you TW ladies, and please wish me luck.

Your Laura
    • 588 posts
    April 3, 2006 8:30 AM BST

My sincerest wishes of luck, Laura. For a wonderful lady...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Sabina

• April 3, 2006 12:02 PM BST
    Laura,

Good luck hon!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

*hugs*

~Valerie
  • April 7, 2006 11:24 AM BST
    One week after the studio day and signing of the contract they called me and let me know I was out of the contest. This is a small country and the rumors about my history had obviously reached the telly guys.
    They mentioned no real reason why I was dropped off. they couldn´t because that would have given me weapons to sue them.
    I´m not suing them and in a funny way I feel even more confident than I was before.

Laura
    • 30 posts
    April 7, 2006 3:57 PM BST
    I think it is just wonderful that Laura was chosen in the first place and considered by many to be one of the most wonderful WOMEN in Finland! It doesn't matter very much as to the result, or that some producer in the process nixed her participation. Congratulations, Laura, on being recognized as being wonderful!
  • April 8, 2006 2:18 AM BST
    Laura,

Yes it is wonderfull you got recognized! And you are a great person, we're lucky to have you here! I'm glad you're in a good mood still, you should be!

*hugs*

~Valerie
  • April 8, 2006 8:43 AM BST
    I am not at all sour. After all I passed fine on the studio day. It was a success, the telly guys said so and they made me sign the contract. I can imagine they must have got a bad headache when afterwards learning about my past...the contract already signed.
    I have npolthing to regret. They CHOSE me among the 12 competitors and I did my best. I even told them on the studio day: "If you are crazy enough to want me I´m crazy enough to come". And further: "I haven´t shown yet all my cards". Hehe...

Laura
    • 2463 posts
    April 7, 2006 12:07 PM BST
    Sorry to hear about that, Laura, but at least you're feeling okay.