Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Great Transgender Shopping » Breast forms ... your advise?

Breast forms ... your advise?

Tags : None
  • Hi All,

I'm in the market for some nice breast forms for daily wear. As I look at the practical side of being Michelle most days, I would like something that is realistic, easy to care for and rugged enough to withstand daily use.

I see that there are forms made of latex and others made of silicon. Some attach via adhesives others seem to just fit in a bra. Do the attachables stay attached? How about when it is hot out? Personally, I would like the freedom of wearing some summer tops and cami tops, which may push me toward the attachable types. (is this unrealistic?)

Some of my other questions are around the long term effect of using medical adhesives daily (for attachables) as well as how well do the forms stand up to the adhesives.

Your thoughts, experiences and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Hugz,

Michelle Lynn

May 19, 2006 1:13 AM BST
  • 2 2627
    Hi Miclelle
    This is just a thought. But I go toa medical supply house for my ostamy stuff. In the back of the store is a large room just for ladies that have had a breast removed. I would think you can find out anything you might want to know & more from there. They should have pamplets you can get.
    I live not to far from Bensin's they have everything including swimsuits for women that have had 1 or both removed.
    I think that would be the best place to get info from.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      May 19, 2006 3:02 AM BST
  • It is possible to find good quality forms that aren't too expensive; mine cost $100 and are excellent.
    "Pals" are really good and even cheaper, about $65 for a C-cup. They're not silicone but feel very realistic, and won't be ruined if they get punctured, in fact they can even be cut to shape if needed. I prefer the teardrop shape myself.
    Haven't tried gluing them on, mine are probably too heavy, so I just avoid strappy tops or wear a strapless bra. I do have a few strappy tops that are underwired and these work very well.
    Have a look at "Pals" teardrops here:
    http://www.supergelproduc[...]00.html
    The 2-tone ones look best to me.
    I bought some off Ebay for a gift, where they were even cheaper! They really do feel good.
    xx
      May 19, 2006 3:52 PM BST
  • 2 2627
    I wasn't suggesting she buy them there. But as a place to get info. I've read here both pro & con about glue. If you go back thru the forums you still don't know what to do.

But I will say I bought the teardrop size C & the fit is realy good. I don't use glue I just put then in my bra's
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      May 19, 2006 11:24 PM BST
  • I've been researching this prior to laying out a lot of $$ on a pair. A few points I have read about but have no "hands on" :-D experience with are: that PALS don't die when stuck or cut like silicon forms can. You can sleep on Pals but not on silicon (which may rupture) Silcon forms, when attached, are reported to have a lovely, lifelike weight and bounce that some describe as being like having the real thing....except, of course, for sensation. It is reported that attachable forms can be worn for up to two weeks, including showering. My experience as a nurse tells me that different people will have different reactions to any adhesive. Some will ignore it, some will break out in a rash or even develop ulcerations/infections. Most will fall in between but with varying durations of wear without damage to the skin. I would recommend using adhesives for increasing numbers of days until you determine how long your skin can tolerate it. At the first sign of discomfort, remove them and check. It would be a good idea to take a day or two off between periods of attachment, to give the skin time to breathe and heal. Good skin care during this time would not be amiss. If it is not obvious, a hairless surface is preferred for attachable forms.

Unless you are very good at concealing the top line of attachment, if you want to wear low cut, cleavage revealing clothes, you may prefer enhancers which make the most of YOU. Of course, this also requires a hairless chest where exposed.

Oh, yes, there is no GUARANTEE that your attachable forms will not come off under stress. Your mileage may vary. You may do quiet well waltzing but need some king of support for hip-hop or your guest appearance on a trampoline on The Man Show on SPIKE TV. (Tele, for you Brits). One thing that is almost guaranteed. You will be far better off than wearing water balloons.

One final thought. Your satisfaction with your choice of breast "forms" will depend on how your emotional needs are met. This is very subjective. The needs of a transsexual are likely to be far from those of a hetero crossdresser. You need to be honest with yourself about who you are and what your motivations are. If you are among those of us who change over time, your desires/needs may change as you cross thresholds inside. As was pointed out, some forms are concave and some flat on the attaching side. Consider if you are on hormones when choosing your forms or you may find yourself trading in your flat-backs for concave. A girl can hope.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      May 20, 2006 8:24 AM BST
  • HI Girls,
    Again thanks to my "Older sisters" (meaning more experienced) for your advise. After reading your comments, I think I'm going to go for a good silicon breastform. I feel very comfortable with the enhancers I have now and I like the way they warm up to my body temp. Since this is going to be a daily thing, I may just opt for using them in a bra and invest in some good strapless bras. Thanks again girls!!!

Hugz from a grateful sister,

Michelle Lynn

PS... It's nice to have a group of more experienced sisters to talk to. It sure makes navigating my new life alot easier...
      May 22, 2006 12:26 AM BST
  • It's been my lucky day, sisters! I was out and about as my male self at the fall garage sales when I happened upon one where the lady of the house was selling her late mother's breast forms. A pair of Amoena C cup silicone forms. Only $10! I told the lady my "sister" had a double mastectomy, but couldn't afford forms, that's why I was interested in purchasing them. She was sympathetic as her mother had died from breast cancer. Money changed hands and I now have a pair of used, but serviceable, breast forms. Yay!

(Yes, I felt guilty about this since a GG that had had a real double mastectomy and was poor could have used them, but I reminded myself there are no coincidences. I and those breast forms crossed paths for a reason.)

October 11, 2015 10:29 PM BST
  • I got my c cups at janet's closet in Wyandotte, mi. It's a great store for ts/TV shopping.
      October 14, 2015 12:16 AM BST