help

• 1195 posts
    June 27, 2006 3:11 AM BST
    Is ther any help out there? Since the climate in the USA is getting pretty sticky, is there any country which will take us poor souls in? Canada wants construction workers...too old for that. Ireland and UK want young (and dump probably). Sorry but we(neither of us) speak anything but English so we're in trouble. I'm an artist and art teacher and the wife is an actress, director and drama teacher....is there any hope for us? I'm a senior citizen and and the wife is just a babe (so to speak). What's a thinking person to do? Help!
    • 1195 posts
    June 27, 2006 8:24 PM BST
    Thanks Karen for the suggestion. You're right Washington is a very nice state. The winters aren't bad but they do have earth quakes...eh!....lived through them in California. Yes we are in TX but don't stay outdoors during the day...too hot. This year it seems worse...summer heat started in April. When the birds don't fly you know its HOT. Seattle is a nice town but won't be able to afford it. Maybe we could find a shack somewhere nearby. Live in hope.....
    • 2627 posts
    June 27, 2006 3:24 AM BST
    Mary how can you live in Texas if you don't like the heat.
    Hope in your car & head north. Washington is a very nice state with not much heat.
    I realy want to go see the coast in that region.