Invisible transwomen in the party

• July 12, 2006 10:56 AM BST
    Last week we had the Helsinki pride with a big concert and an open air party in a park with about 1000 people. I was present and thought I was the only woman there with a trans past, tried to walk around and look for others. With no succeed. Now I know that there were at least 10 other transwomen and the fact that only those found each other who already KNEW each other, shows that we all pass okay.
    A transwoman in the summertime, in a very light dress, should be easy to recognize, especially, if you are looking for them in a party like this. But to pick them out turned out to be an impossible task.

Laura
    • 588 posts
    July 12, 2006 7:48 PM BST
    Sounds so encouraging, Laura, as always with you. And in a very light dress... My hopes up for future summers
  • July 13, 2006 9:29 AM BST
    Now I have learned there were even more of us there...
    Believe me sisters in transition, time will work for you!
    This morning my day was saved when I saw that my bus was waiting for me at an empty bus stop as I run across the street in my miniskirt. I gave my sweetest smile to the driver and said thanks.
    Have a nice summer everyone. I´ll go on my 5 weeks summer leave tomorrow.

Laura
  • July 12, 2006 3:21 PM BST
    I met this nice man at the gender clinic the other week and it turned out he wasn't a pre-transition MTF but a post-op FTM. It took me a good hour to figure that one out.
    Can't get it right every time...
    • 2463 posts
    July 12, 2006 5:38 PM BST
    Great to see you back, even if it is for a moment, Laura. I certainly hope that when I finish transitioning I can blend in.