alledged shortage

• 1195 posts
    August 9, 2006 8:12 PM BST
    It's getting so bad, I can't tell which lie about the oil/gasoline situation to accept. OPEC says there isn't any lack of oil but the multinational market in NYC is still raising the price of crude. Over the weekend BP shut down an operation in Alaska...over some bad plumbing. I call a plumber whenever there is a problem ...guess that's not how BP operates. I was working for a trucking company back in the 70s and the company hauled some of that pipe. If my memory is correct I recall that the Prudo Bay field was only supposed to last for 25 years. I believe BP is just giving the corporation another excuse to raise the price of fuel and make more profit. And another thorn stuck in my craw is the sobbing over the tax cut which didn't pass the US congress. The news media didn't bother to state that corporations would have benefited the most from another tax cut. The only reason it didn't get throught congress is because there is an election coming up in November....they want to look good.
    Gee I love this thread.....
  • August 14, 2006 4:04 AM BST
    I agree with Hanna,but in the States thhe benefit will come only in the long-run as we have a very poor public transportation system and the oil and auto industries fight any major improvements in energy efficientcy regulations.
    • 1195 posts
    August 16, 2006 3:54 PM BST
    Anna You're right about public transportation. About ten years ago there was a push to have a rapid transit rail line put in to run from Dallas/Ft Worth to Houston....so much money was thrown against it, so it never got off the drawing board. It would have saved the interstate hwy and many lives but noooo.
    The farmers (corporations) claimed the chichens would be disturbed by the noise.
  • August 9, 2006 10:14 PM BST
    The more expensive gas gets, the more fuel efficient cars and cars running on alternate fuels will develop.
    The way I see it, the world is better off the more expensive gas gets.