What Do You Wear to Bed?

• September 15, 2006 4:43 AM BST
    O.K., girls.

After my misconstrued post in the "why wear a nightgown to bed", I wanted to ask you all an intimate question.

Feel free to be honest.

Or, dishonest of it makes you feel better.

What attire do you wear to SLEEP (we're not asking about the other use for a mattress!) in?

I'll go first: Usually a nylon/silk cami (dark color or black... hides the belly) and light/bright colored panties (brings out the hips) in usually some shade of pink or other. I'm a bit of a fan of the Brazilian or cheeky boy shorts made out of lace. Now, on those rare occasions when I am going to bed after my wife and will also be getting up before she does, anything goes: bustier, garter, stockings; glam. gown nightie; bra, panties thigh-highs; bodysuit; whatever.

All right. It's your turn...

Kari
    • 773 posts
    September 15, 2006 4:51 AM BST
    One word:

Nekkid
    • 515 posts
    September 15, 2006 8:32 AM BST
    a nightgown or ans over sized bed shirt
    • 140 posts
    September 15, 2006 11:05 PM BST
    I prefer a babydoll nightie, or satin or silk pj's usually with hosiery.
    • 67 posts
    September 16, 2006 3:20 PM BST
    As two of the ladies already said: NAKED!

Not that I wouldn't mind wearing something silky to bed, my satin sheets fulfill that sexy feeling!

Stacy
    • 1083 posts
    September 20, 2006 7:53 AM BST
    It sort of depends on the weather.

Tonight, I have on an adorable TinkerBell nightshirt and spa pants. (In summer, I usually lose the pants and just wear panties under until I turn in.) Here's a link to the pic: http://www.sakuramina.com/id242.htm.

Another few weeks, and it's more the longer, nightgown type of thing (and yes, I have a flannel nightie!), or long sleeve nightshirt...often with spa pants.

For special occasions, I do have a cuuuute satin nightie (Pic is here: http://www.sakuramina.com/id200.htm), as well as a nightie/kimono set. Here's a pic: http://www.sakuramina.com/id198.htm.

Sleep naked? I haven't in years. (I did once, in satin sheets...but we won't go there. Something about "rug burns"...! )

Luv 'n hugs,

Minako Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
  • September 20, 2006 9:19 AM BST
    I always wear a night shirt. Ankle length.
  • September 20, 2006 9:52 AM BST
    I have two cotton night shirts and one of silk. Prefer the cotton ones, almost knee-long. I also wear panties, cotton too.

Laura
  • September 21, 2006 3:56 AM BST
    Minako,

You're not the only one with flannel nightgowns.

It gets darn cold up here in Wisconsin.

You nude sleepers most be in warmer climates (or warmer houses... )

Hugs!!

Kari
    • 9 posts
    October 6, 2006 3:16 PM BST
    Either naked or one of my gym skirts (just in case there is a fire and have to rush outside! giggles.)
    • 12 posts
    October 9, 2006 7:43 PM BST
    A long black nightie, or a basque and stockings, depending on how I'm feeling.
  • October 11, 2006 4:34 AM BST
    I wear a long satin nighty in summer or a warm cotton one in winter. Usualy I still wear my tightlace crsets to keep my figure, Its sexy too
    Joanna
  • July 30, 2007 2:26 PM BST
    Always a nightie - sometimes silk - sometimes satin - sometimes nylon, prefferably the double layered kind. Always full length; usually full skirted & strappy - luxurious - expensive - sexy in a sophisticated way. And in the evenings or mornings mostly have a matching negligee / wrap to compliment it for wandering round the house in and having breakfast.

It's hard to imagine anyone doing anything else out of choice.

Sally Nights.
    • 259 posts
    July 31, 2007 8:29 PM BST
    Did you know that scrubs are the most comfortable jamies ever?! Yeah and I don't have to get dressed if the hospital calls me in on emergency at 3am in the morning. However depending on weather and if I am not working, underwear and a tiny tank top is most comfy for sleeping. Now that I am divorced and when the kid stays at her dads I can go naked if I want especially if its really hot. On colder nights sweat shirts and crazy pajama pants. This living alone thing does have its perks and I think I'm getting use to it. Of course if I was sharing the bed with someone then I would wear something cute. However, since I'm on non-dating sabbatical that definately won't happen, at least not for a while. I just make sure I am comfy so I can get a good nights sleep which is actually rare for me as I am an insomniac. Oh dear, now I am just babbling on, I do tend to do that especially when I have had too much starbucks. Toodles.
    • 1912 posts
    August 1, 2007 11:21 AM BST
    I usually wear a simple satin chemise or a satin babydoll short set. I find it much easier to roll over with satin, I tend to be one of those toss and turn sleepers. I live in a hot climate so i just toss the comforter and sheet as need be.
    • 126 posts
    August 1, 2007 8:10 PM BST

For me it depends a lot on the circumstances and on where I am.

If i'm alone in my UK apartment then i usually wear nothing but a smile.
    If i'm in my UK apartment and my children are staying over, i wear boxers just in case.
    If i'm in my Hungarian apartment, im always alone but i wear boxers again. There are a lot of Mosquitoes out here and i react very badly to their bites, so i tend to keep the sensitive bits well covered lol

When i'm with my partner though, i wear a short, frilly, and very pink chemise and thong.
    Her choice not mine!!
    Who am i kidding!!!!! LOL
    • 1195 posts
    August 3, 2007 2:35 PM BST
    Karri I've waited to see the trend and I'll have to admit that I'm mainstream (he, he). Since we had such a warm to hot year so far (weather wise), sleeping au natural is ok but when it gets hot I wear a night shirt - cotton - thigh length. I do this 'cause you need a cotton garment to absorb the persperation....or sweat as it's called. I have an assortment of night shirts - all short - never know who I'll meet up with in my dreams.....sigh.....my blushing bride wears night shirts too.
  • August 15, 2007 5:27 PM BST
    If its a regular day, then a long silk or satin nightie, if its the weekend or if I've had a bad day, then I'll up the dressing for bed, a cute bady doll maybe, or basque and stockings. On special occasions, when I can plan a lazy weekend then maybe my speacial long silk and lace nightgown that has a split to the waist so that in the morning I can wear the matching robe to drink my morning coffee
    • 515 posts
    August 16, 2007 12:09 AM BST
    The cutest ever Lavender baby doll ……………… omg it is gorgeous
    • 128 posts
    August 17, 2007 7:28 AM BST
    For this girl it's no nightclothes unless I'm feeling poorly, my partner starts out with panties if it's "that time" otherwise we enjoy the closeness of our bodies
  • August 20, 2007 4:26 AM BST
    A satin chemise and/or tap pants.
  • August 22, 2007 8:58 AM BST
    Last night you would have found me in long white silk chiffon negligee set trimmed with pink ribbon - see pic - tomorrow if its colder perhaps in pale lemmon double layered nylon - see second pic. Hope you like them I love them. Sally.
    • 2573 posts
    September 15, 2006 3:35 PM BST
    Naked, since I was twelve. However....since Wendy appeared I do sometimes wear a nightgown or t shirt and panties. Even the sacred cow of sleeping au naturale is losing out to the changes. There is a certain sense of comfort, like a teddy bear, in it now when I wear something femme to sleep. Maybe it lets me know who I'll be when I wake the next day so I don't get lost again.
    • 2017 posts
    September 18, 2006 9:21 AM BST
    Naked in summer, usually a satin chemise in the winter.
    • 2627 posts
    August 1, 2007 11:46 AM BST
    I like the long nylon or silk gowns. But this time of year it's shorter cotton.
    I to must move around a lot in my sleep. I'm allways all wrapped up in them when I wake up.
    • 2017 posts
    August 1, 2007 5:15 PM BST
    Sometimes of course, I wear nothing but a little Paco Rabanne and a satisfied smile..........
    • 1980 posts
    August 2, 2007 2:37 PM BST
    I'm with Wendy. Well, I mean, not really with her <blush>, but in choice of attire to retire. Usually commando style, but sometimes in a long t-shirt and panties. For slouching around the house or if I'm at friend's I have a pair of blue plaid, girl's pajam bottoms that I usually wear a t-shirt with. Enough for modesty and so as to not frighten the cats.

And OMG, Robyn, a Firesign Theater reference. "Oh boy! Grubcakes again. Heavy on the thirty weight, Mom!" Way before my time, of course.

Hugs...Joni Marie