antti-adrogens or orchidectony

• December 6, 2006 1:57 PM GMT
    Hi girls i have been on 1250mg of prmarin for about 3 years with no probs and now want to go further but i am diabetic and am not shore of the best way to go
    • 1083 posts
    December 6, 2006 7:13 PM GMT
    Tiffany, hon--

The best thing to do is talk with your doc. She/he will be able to guide you in the way you need to go, especially being diabetic.

Luv 'n hugs,
    Mina Sakura
    • 1652 posts
    December 9, 2006 12:57 PM GMT
    I’m not a doctor so I don’t know about the implications of diabetes with HRT. Have you been prescribed Premarin? There are safer, cheaper alternatives.
    Perhaps you could tell us a little more about your situation, like if or when you are planning SRS, as an orchie could seriously affect the outcome of that, depending on how it was performed.
    As for anti-androgens, with many of us who have reached a certain age our testosterone will be on the low side anyway, once we start taking any form of oestrogen this will suppress that even further. I’m over 40, after 1 year on estradiol (ie when I had my first blood test) my testo levels were extremely low, low even for a female. Have you had a blood test? Anti-androgens or an orchie might be completely unnecessary. What exactly do you mean by wanting to go further?
    I’m assuming by the way that you’ve missed out a decimal point and you are actually on 1.25mg Premarin, otherwise I’d be very worried!
    xx