voice success!

Tags : None
  • Hi, All...
    Usually my posts are in response to others, but I just had a wonderful experience, and wanted to share it...
    Up to now, almost all of my public outings have been in "non-social" venues, such as the gas station, or shopping at all-night stores. This morning I had the unusual chance to go out in the daytime, and I decided to do something very daring, and go to church en femme... It was the biggest risk of "outing" I had ever taken, since I would be in close contact with others for about an hour, and would be making vocal prayer responses and singing hymns. Everything went ok, though, and I did not get any funny or accusing looks. But at the end of the service, as I was starting to leave my place to exit the church, the woman who had been at my right for the entire service took hold of my arm and stopped me!
    She smiled in such a friendly manner, and said, "I just wanted to compliment you on your beautiful voice.. I wish I could sing like you!"
    I must say, it not only made my day, but made my week, or even my year! Don't give up hope, sisters, we can get encouragement when we least expect it!

Karin
    Karin... ..keep smiling!
      March 5, 2007 10:32 AM GMT
  • Karin, that is fantastic. I must admit that the use of my voice in public is still a cause for concern. I must put more practise into it. The voice is always an issue and I'm glad you have overcome this particular hurdle. Can we assume that that won't be your last daytime outing then?
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      March 5, 2007 2:37 PM GMT
  • Karin thanks for that.
    I know I am being silly but that brought a tear to my eye.
    About 25 years ago I was beaten up because although I looked like a girl my voice was definitely male and I had no idea how to change it back then.

I am starting over again and things like what you said give me hope. Thanks

Stephenie
      September 27, 2009 12:17 PM BST
  • Karin, that is a wonderful story. I can't imagine. No, really, I can't, lol. With switching my voice up out of my larynx I have been thrilled to manage to advance my singing voice from gosh awful to merely poor in quality. I'm pleased enough with that but nobody will ever stop me to tell me they wished that they sang like me. Congratulations.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      September 27, 2009 8:15 PM BST