Military intelligence

• 1195 posts
    March 13, 2007 9:03 PM GMT
    Just wanted to voice my opinion about this Gen. Pace. As a public figure he cannot voice his personal opinion as if it were the opinion of the Joint Chiefs of Staff's. My encounters with Jar-heads over the years has been mixed. I encountered a group of young men and women recently and they were most hospitable and friendly. I had the impression that these young Marines would take everyone at face value.....how come the upper echelon can't do the same?
  • March 19, 2007 5:05 PM GMT
    "Miltary Intellgance " that is a contradiction it terms by it self (lol) If Gen. Pace thinks that more troops in Irak will make a diffrence then ke is saddly mistaken. As for the higher esclion taking everything at face value all I have to Ha! They don't even know the meening of the word up there in the puzle pallis on the swamp (the pentigon & yes it sets on or in what was oince a big swamp land). For that matter I don't think the "officles" in the white house know the meening of the word (if you know what I'm getting at, key word "Officles"). I was not alive during naim, but form every thing I've heard about it this seams to be a nother of thouse situations diffrent enimy That I'll give you but the taticts the same old american way "damd the torpedos full speed a head" or a full frontal assult. the gurilla warfair is not our cup of tea we fight our enimys only out in the open where we can see them (exemption special forces close quarters combat [CQB] but still out in the open of a bulding)>
    • 2017 posts
    May 9, 2007 11:15 AM BST
    Just because someone is a general, doesn't make them the oracle on all types of warfare. Guerilla warfare cannot be viewed in the same respect as conventional warfare, a mistake that has cost the lives of many over the last 50 years and still some people refuse to learn the lessons.

However, I do agree that the military should be left alone to do it's job and the media should be kept out of the way, since they only seem to delight in reporting the bad news. Whose side are they on anyway?