Church and State: Ferguson's View

• 37 posts
    May 23, 2007 2:08 AM BST
    I intend to begin posting my positions in regard to various issues in this forum. Hopefully, this will allow my fellow Trannyweb members to become more familiar with me as a presidential candidate. I wish to emphasize that I realize all of us will not agree on each issue. However, the most important facet of my candidacy as an official presidential candidate (registered with the Federal Election Commission) is that one of us is actually running.

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE-This principle is the cornerstone of our religious freedom in this country. While this candidate is an unabashed agnostic, he will work tirelessly as president to see that these two important public institutions remain in their separate spheres of influence and will oppose any legislation designed to dilute the intent of our founders concerning this principle. He will also pursue further measures in this regard, including an end to federally funded faith-based programs and the removal of references to theism on our currency, the Pledge of Allegiance and elsewhere.
    • 1652 posts
    May 23, 2007 12:30 PM BST
    If you were an English politician, and so was I, I'd be saying:
    "Here here!"
    It is medieval to have laws and systems based on religion.
    xx