Ferguson's View: Tranny Presidential Candidate

• 37 posts
    May 26, 2007 11:35 PM BST
    In an effort to acquaint Trannyweb members with my political views in connection with my campaign for the U.S. presidency, I am periodically posting information here concerning various issues. This time it concerns the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Again, I don't expect all of us to agree on every issue, but the point is that a tranny candidate is out there. Feel free to e-mail me ([email protected]) or visit my web portal (http://candidate.lpks.org/BenFerguson). Also, check out Robyn Webb's article on the Trannyweb USA page regarding my candidacy. Thank you.
    -Bennie Lee "Ben" Ferguson

THE WARS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN & THE ISRAELI/PALESTINIAN CONFLICT: Whether or not the conlicts in Afghanistan and Iraq are the result of ill-advised policy is beside the point. A precipitous withdrawal of U.S. forces at this point would almost certainly be disastrous for the region and our own national security. The goal in these conflicts should be absolute victory. Our military deserves the unqualified support of the American government and people in pursuit of this goal. However, the troubled relationship between the United States and the Arab world is largely the result of our government's unequivocal support for the state of Israel. Israel receives more U.S. foreign aid per capita than any other nation on earth. The state of Israel contributes nothing of significance to the security of the United States. On the contrary, American support of Israel is one of the primary reasons our country has become the target of choice for Islamic terrorists. Israel is often depicted in mainstream American media as a courageous little country desperately struggling for its existence among hostile neighbors, a model of democracy and human rights in the region. However, human rights organizations estimate that since 1967 more than 630,000 Palestinians (about 20 percent of the total population) in the occupied territories have been detained at some time by the Israelis, arousing deep resentment among the families involved. Although the vast majority of prisoners are men, there are a large number of women and children being held. Between the ages of twleve and fourteen, children can be sentenced for a period of up to six months, and after the age of fourteen Palestinian children are tried as adults, a violation of international law. Confessions extracted through torture are admissible in Israeli courts. Often, any criticism of Israeli policy is interpreted as anti-Semitism. (This cannot be said in Bennie Lee's case as his ex-wife is a Jew and their son is considered Jewish according to traditional standards.) Ferguson will strive to end the disproportionate influence of the Jewish lobby on state and federal government.
    • 773 posts
    May 27, 2007 12:54 AM BST
    I think it's important to make a distinction between what might be called the "Jewish" lobby, and what you refer to in your post, Bennie, which might more accurately be described as a "Zionist" lobby.

Not all Jews, American, Israeli or otherwise, are Zionists. It's easy to see why, when expressed in the manner in which you did, views opposing the Israeli occupation of Palestine might be construed as antisemitic.
  • June 1, 2007 3:01 PM BST
    If you are serious then you should look at Ron Paul's platform:

Issues

Debt and Taxes
    Working Americans like lower taxes. So do I. Lower taxes benefit all of us, creating jobs and allowing us to make more decisions for ourselves about our lives. (more...)
    Issues

American Independence and Sovereignty
    So called free trade deals and world governmental organizations like the International Criminal Court (ICC), NAFTA, GATT, WTO, and CAFTA are a threat to our independence as a nation. (more...)
    Issues

War and Foreign Policy
    The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information. The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it. We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them. (more...)
    Issues

Border Security and Immigration Reform
    The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan: (more...)
    Issues

Privacy and Personal Liberty
    The biggest threat to your privacy is the government. We must drastically limit the ability of government to collect and store data regarding citizens’ personal matters. (more...)
    Issues

Property Rights and Eminent Domain
    We must stop special interests from violating property rights and literally driving families from their homes, farms and ranches. (more...)

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/