Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » What do you want from life

What do you want from life

Tags : None
  • I wonder what do we really want from life?
    For me it is to just fade away into the back ground so to say. I just want to finish my transition and fade away. Some may say what an odd wish but that is really all I want to be any other person.
    So what do you want from life ?
    Life is to short to be sad and cry. Bring out your inner Joy. Smile in the sun and enjoy life. Blessed be.
      July 14, 2007 11:40 PM BST
  • What I want, I can't have, but I have had so many other great things in life that I really can't complain too loudly.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      July 15, 2007 12:17 AM BST
  • 2 2627
    Realy, I just want to be content.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      July 15, 2007 12:41 AM BST
  • I want something that I am not sure what it is, I just know I can never have it.
    Heather
      July 15, 2007 3:06 AM BST
  • What did Fee Waybill say?????????....... To try and be happy while you do the nasty things you must.
    Estella 23
      July 15, 2007 4:41 AM BST
  • Sundance ((my SO)
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      July 15, 2007 9:42 AM BST
  • What Do You Want From Life
    Spooner/Evans 1976

To kidnap an heiress
    or threaten her with a knife
    To get cable TV
    and watch it every night

There you sit
    a lump in your chair
    Where do you sleep
    and what do you wear
    when you're sleeping

An Indian guru
    to show you the inner light
    a meaningless love affair
    with a girl that you met tonight

How can you tell when you're doin' alright
    Does your bank account swell
    While you're dreaming at night
    How do know when you're really in love
    Do violins play when you're touching the one
    That you're loving

Someone to love
    and somebody that you can trust
    To try and be happy
    while you do the nasty things you must

Well, you can't have that, but if you're an American citizen you are entitled to:
    a heated kidney shaped pool,
    a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
    a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
    a king-size Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
    a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
    real simulated Indian jewelry,
    a Gucci shoetree,
    a year's supply of antibiotics,
    a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
    and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
    a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
    Rosemary's baby,
    a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
    a new Matador, a new mastodon,
    a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego,
    a Merc Montclair, a Mark IV, a meteor,
    a Mercedes, an MG, or a Malibu,
    a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mac truck,
    a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped,
    a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
    or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
    a Las Vegas wedding,
    a Mexican divorce,
    a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
    or a baby's arm holding an apple?

July 15, 2007 3:44 PM BST
  • A little affection
    Porscha
      July 15, 2007 7:02 PM BST
  • Robin, that was wonderfull, and so helpfull. I guess I am the lump in the chair, it is up to me to be happy.
    Heather
      July 15, 2007 10:48 PM BST
  • Don't thank me....thank Fee Waybill.
      July 15, 2007 11:53 PM BST
  • wow how strange !!!
    Life is to short to be sad and cry. Bring out your inner Joy. Smile in the sun and enjoy life. Blessed be.
      July 16, 2007 11:09 PM BST
  • Hi Sara, I just want to get my transition sorted, finished and as you said fade in to the background as in people seeing just another woman going about her daily life . That would be heaven on earth, oh and spend a few years catching up on all the things i have missed out on

Hugs Samantha x
      July 17, 2007 8:32 PM BST
    Sara Lynn - you have gleaned so many wishes from our friends.
    My wish is that I continue to evolve. I'm alway "becoming" someone; hopefully for the good of myself and all others whose lives I've touched.
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      July 17, 2007 8:59 PM BST
    Just to be married to Claire Rand, have children get a decent job, own our own house and have a decent car. And have as many friends on this site as possible.
    Wen I'm good I'm very good but wen I'm bad I'm better.
      July 17, 2007 9:25 PM BST
  • hmmm, well lets see. I'd have to say Happiness and fulfillment.

Of course my Ego gets in the way and makes this more complex, I think in order to be happy and fulfilled I'd have to finish life liking who I am. I'd want to be thought of as having made a difference to people. I'd have to maintain my personal honor. I'd have to truly love and be loved. In general, I'd want to have fun with what I'm doing everyday.

I'd want my son to grow up capable to make a difference and be happy and fulfilled too.

I want my fulfilling my Darla self to not somehow ruin all I have achieved so far. It's a tricky minefield out there and I've seen first-hand the wreckage a mistep can make. There are many places in the minefield of TG life where it is easily possible to destroy your whole life, your relationships, your career, everything.

No path, even the successful ones (I have faith these exist), is without pain.

It is my hope that I shall find one and be happy.

-Darla
      July 18, 2007 11:56 AM BST
  • Good thread Sara. I've been thinking about it for a couple days. I have affirmations that I will finish my transition and live my life somewhere else (dissappear). Find a true love. Enjoy my new prosperous career. These are written down and I see them every day and night. I envision these before I go to sleep and when I wake up. This works for me. The true love thing is a big one for me though. Just a romantic.
    Even the importunate ghosts of the dead were more alive in his imagination as they came flocking grayly in upon him, unaccountable, as the waves on the distant winter sea.
      July 20, 2007 7:49 AM BST
  • I'm with Wendy, I just want to be happy. For me happiness is having my family. I am very fortunate in having a wife of 29 years accept my TS situation. Where I end up on the transition line is anyones guess, sure I want it all, but more importantly I want my family.
      July 22, 2007 12:33 PM BST
  • We should all seek to be happy and be ourselves,if at all possible.Always try to think of the positives in life-there are after all far more people in the world worse off than us.
      July 24, 2007 7:44 AM BST
  • I really don't want to reiterate what others have said, such as being able to be myself. Of course, a few breaks in my academic life would be nice.

As I said to my ex not too long ago, I may not be on top of the world, but I'm not at the bottom, either. What I want is that peace of mind. I really don't require very much.

Oh, and for Lexi to get up here as soon as possible!

Mere

P.S. Would not being a klutz anymore fall into this category?
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      July 24, 2007 3:57 PM BST
  • What I want in Life....

a gagillion $$$.... (just kidding)....

Actually, to be accepted unconditionally by my friends and
    to be able to lead a simple life as the women I am inside.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn

July 24, 2007 11:14 PM BST
  • I just want to be myself and happy. It includes friends, work, traveling, love, sex. And money.

Laura
      July 26, 2007 5:50 AM BST
  • Laura

Unlucky at cards, lucky in love! LOL.

Hugs
    Joanne
    <p>ooxxoo</p>
      July 26, 2007 11:38 PM BST
  • Hi All,

It's been nearly a year since anyone posted in this thread "What do you want from life?".

I'm resurrecting the thread to see if anyones thoughts have changed in the last year.

For me I had posted ..

What I want in Life....

a gagillion $$$.... (just kidding)....

Actually, to be accepted unconditionally by my friends and
    to be able to lead a simple life as the women I am inside.

Today, I would add acceptance by my wife (underestimated her objections) and some stability in my work.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn
      July 16, 2009 4:59 PM BST
  • Wow Michelle, an old one but good one. I had first responded to this thread two years ago, how time flies. I said I just wanted to be happy and for me happiness was having my family. At that time my wife had only been supportive of me for around 4 months and my kids knew nothing about Marsha.

So two years later here I am and what an unbelievable life I have been fortunate enough to have. Thirteen months ago I told my kids and gained their full support, and now I have lived full time as Marsha for nine months. I thank God daily for the wonderful people in my life, my family, friends and customers. I have had to fight some hard battles including the one with my former church, but those battles only made me stronger and today I can say undeniably that I am happy.

Hugs and thanks for bringing this one back,
    Marsha
      July 16, 2009 6:20 PM BST
  • I re-read my original post and I wouldn't change a thing, which means things are pretty good for me all in all.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      July 16, 2009 7:13 PM BST