Bedford - The Crown

Tags : None

• There is a new Tranny friendly bar in Bedford called the Crown.
    It only opened a few months ago and its on the south side of the town, just opposite the main Hospital.

Its a light and spacious, open plan bar and the staff and customers are very friendly and quite used to seeing Transgender people.

There is a covered area outside with patio heaters for the smokers amongst us and the car park nearly always has spaces in it too. Last weekend I drove to the pub and Chris and Bradley were quite happy for me to leave it over night and collect it the next day, after a shopping trip in town.

Every night we have been in there, its been memorable for all the right reasons. Its a lovely friendly place to go for a bit of social networking of an evening. Then if you fancy somewhere more clubby, Jumping and loud, the Barley Mo is only a £4 taxi ride away. Or a walk up through the town centre if your feeling up to it.
    Heels and weather permitting naturally.
      August 17, 2007 7:28 PM BST

• "The main hospital" aka South Wing (these out of towners eh! LOL)

The Crown really is a nice pub! Its clean and tidy and the ladies loo light has been fixed!!!Woo hoo!!!!!!

More importantly tho, Chris and Bradleigh and all the other staff we have met are very friendly and welcoming Not to mention the customers.We have never had a sniff of trouble in there.

Since Mandy posted, I too have left my car in their car park overnight. Sadly no one pinched it

We have deffo had some good nights down at The Crown.

If any of the TW girls are in need of some moral support on a night out (either in Bedford or Bournemouth) then let either me or Mandy know.

Bradleigh is currently working on The Crown web-site. But til its done you can have a look here......
    http://profile.myspace.co[...]1579929

Mandy mentioned the Barley Mow. That ok for later in the eve if you wanna have a dance and have a shouty convo! Its very LOUD!!!!!!!! The Crown isn't. You can sit and relax and chat in a nice atmosphere.

E-J XX
      September 23, 2007 6:56 PM BST
  • Hi girls!!!!

Update on the Crown. Its changed hands

Sally and Andy who are the new management are great

Very welcoming actually.

but

its the new clientele that had us worried on Saturday night!!!!

All blokes propping up the bar

The reaction was funny at first tho. The barmaid's jaw hitting the floor when she saw Mandy
    could have been heard miles away.The fact that she couldnt process that I asked for 2 halfs of Fosters
    was also well comical.She soon recovered tho.

We had a pleasant "good evening ladies" from one chap.He seemed ok.

But there was too much staring and nudging tbh tho

The arrival of a very pissed bloke made our minds up!!!

He was out for trouble deffo!!!!! He had already clocked us so it was just a matter of time til he rounded on us.

Sally would slap down anyone who gave us agg I reckon.Bless her. She wont tolerate any anti LGBT behaviour. But as we are now in a minority in the Crown and its her livelyhood at stake.............

she int gonna want to piss her regulars off is she.

We were in the Barley Mow by 8.

It was very quiet for awhile which was great!!!

We played pool (Mandy thrashed me as ever LOL)

We are well sad we have lost the refuge that was the Crown. But we now know the Barley Mow
    is very quiet early on for some non shouty chat time

E-J XX
      November 5, 2007 8:32 PM GMT