Holloween

• 1195 posts
    October 26, 2007 7:30 PM BST
    Holloween is this coming again on Wednesday. Of course if you have kids -it's fun to take them trick or treating. Or just watching them. When I was a "youth" we used to have costume parties....I don't know if that is still practiced. Grafitti seems to be the mode today.....but I haven't found anyone to spray paint. (my little joke)
    Tell me please? How do you celebrate "All Holy's Eve?
    • 259 posts
    October 27, 2007 2:46 AM BST
    Mary, trick or treating can be dangerous to children. There are lots of safe activities hosted by reputable organizations. Like Wal -Mart or your local firehouse or a community type group that you know. They can still dress up, have fun and of course get lots of candy which is the whole reason of holloween right?
    • 1195 posts
    October 27, 2007 8:30 PM BST
    Josi - you mentioned Wal-Mart - they have "Make-believe" or artifical pumpkins - I don't know about carving them but some of the kids, at the school I substitute, were painting them - looked neat.
    I never could get the carving the way I would like. (I'm trying very hard not to end a sentence with a preposition - Sister Rosalee wouldn't approve)
    Niki - at those parties we'd play "pin the tail on the donkey" - come to think of it, while blindfolded I never could find the darn donkey. We'd also play "spin the bottle" oooooooh
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2017 posts
    October 26, 2007 7:53 PM BST
    Well, we carve pumpkins and put them outside and in. Make lots of 'scary' food (cakes with spiders etc on them) and of course find a costume and play games. Personally I am not into trick or treating but I don't have anything against it.

Nikki
    • 2627 posts
    October 27, 2007 10:20 AM BST
    Josi
    It's true but so sad. When I was a kid up untill I was about 12. Every kid in the area was out getting candy. We had to wait untill dark to start. It was allways a great night trying to see how many houses you could get to& having enough candy to last allmost all year.
    But those days are gone. There was nothing to be afraid of then. But now!!