I don't think this was intended as a compliment.

• 448 posts
    November 11, 2007 7:09 PM GMT
    Yesterday I was in town shopping in male mode. No effort had been made on my part, when I ran into one of the instructors at my gym, we're not friends particularly, so we just acknowledged each other and walked on. Anyway, I went to the gym this morning, and as I was signing in, the same gym instructor asked me - do you always look like that? I was slightly taken aback by the question - look like what? He hesitated for a moment, afraid he might offend me. I guess, then said - like a girl. You dress like a girl! I just said - well that's me, Andy, and couldn't resist a wink. I was chuffed to bits. Particularly, as I didn't think what I was wearing was at all feminine, but let's see what you think. Here's what I was wearing ( Trinny & Susannah eat your heart out ) t shirt, girls double breasted suede jacket, girls skinny jeans, doc martens with rainbow laces, black velvet scarf, red silk belt with beads, tight black leather gloves, black floppy hat, bangles, rings, earrings etc the usual accessories. No make up at all except a little lip balm. It would be lovely to think I passed without trying but maybe I'm getting there without realising it. Let's pretend the glass is half full. I suppose I should be grateful he didn't ask me about my underwear. Still what a wonderful way to start the day, and I thought I was stared at and received all those furtive glances simply because I was ravishing. Nevermind . . .
    • 1912 posts
    November 11, 2007 10:26 PM GMT
    I think it was the lip balm that gave you away. I use a clear glossy lip plumper daily with a pink tone, you might try something like that to hide your otherside. Lots of smiles for you though, i get people who know me and get this look of "I know your secret" but they never say anything. It sure would make my day. Congratulations. Love, Marsha
    • 8 posts
    November 12, 2007 7:29 AM GMT
    Porscha,

What I sense is that he was curious and trying to possibly establish who you were in your personal life. If he felt comfortable enough to ask a question, then he felt comfortable with who you were as much as his experience would offer. I think you are wise to look at it positively, because that can draw people to you, possibly wanting to know more information. You have a great outlook!
    • 8 posts
    November 12, 2007 2:25 PM GMT
    I have to say I agree with you. She deserves to be complimented on her style. Porscha, I think you are what they call the artistic/creative type woman. You can always put together a look that is original and speaks of your creativity. That is an art form, and seemingly quite rare. I think it also gives you a lot of confidence in your cross dressing. It also gives you the allure of a celebrity. If you ever get famous, remember all of us. Have a great day!
    • 448 posts
    November 15, 2007 3:26 PM GMT
    Thanks girls, that's sweet of you. I think maybe I just look a bit odd. As a postscript to this, I ran into a girl I know yesterday and she complimented me on how I looked. She then said I looked dapper, which I thought only referred to elderley silver-haired gentlemen with walking stick and cravat. So I said dapper!! - well you look er . . . I think I got the message. Still I dread the day when no one says anything at all.
    • 2017 posts
    November 11, 2007 8:44 PM GMT
    What a great way to start the day indeed! How lovely for you Porscha.

Nikki