panic time

• 1195 posts
    December 11, 2007 6:41 PM GMT
    Niki, sweetie, I'm sorry but I couldn't resist the temptation. You're so lucky to be a place that has little shops and markets. I'm in what would probably be called a "back-water" There's not much here in the way of "culture"....we have to travel about 100 miles to do any decent shopping. Someday.....we'll break out.
    lol and hugs
    Gracie
    • 1195 posts
    December 9, 2007 11:23 PM GMT
    Only 16 more days til Christmas. Have you done any shopping yet? That doesn't mean for yourself but for someone else......even if it's a secret pal at the office.
    lol
    Gracie
    • 112 posts
    December 10, 2007 11:10 AM GMT
    Nearly finished only got about five more to get but there just selection boxes for cousins and one for my niece. Got everyone elses. I got claire's last month in Chester. Just got to wrap them all now but doing over the weekend as we havent got any wrapping paper yet. Still got a few cards to write but thats another thing nearly done.

Me and Claire are down at my mum's for xmas and new year. I'm cooking xmas day dinner and claire's doing boxing day dinner so my dad hasnt got to do anything.

Boxing day night will be fun. Their will be ten of us in my dad's house, so we're only having a buffett type tea.

Oh well, be nice to see my best friend and her two kids who I havent seen since they were at primary school, one has now left secondary school. And my sister will be there with my niece and her boyfriend.

Can't wait to get down there. Roll on a week Wednesday.
    • 1912 posts
    December 10, 2007 11:32 AM GMT
    All the big items have been purchased but I still need to get numerous odds and ends. I expect this Christmas to be much better than last year so I will not buy a gift for myself, instead I will wait to see what my wife surprises me with.

Nikki, stop being so efficient, you're making the rest of us look bad. LOL
    • 1195 posts
    December 10, 2007 4:05 PM GMT
    Marsha Ann, I had the same thought concerning Niki. There is always some who is "little miss perfect." Remember back in school when all but one person did badly on a test?
    I wish I could emulate that behavior....I'm alway "a day late and a dollar short."
    hugs
    Gracie
  • December 11, 2007 1:05 AM GMT
    Hi Nikki,
    Wish I had your foresight to shop throughout the year.

For me, it's - battle the crowds, listen to the elevator christmas music,
    sip some coffee (while trying to drive and find a parking space),
    and hopefully find the things my friends and family will want.

Actually, it isn't as bad as that and I do enjoy shopping (all except the credit card bill).

Have a Happy Holiday.

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

• 1912 posts
    December 11, 2007 8:55 PM GMT
    Mary, I hadn't revisited this forum since my earlier post so this is about your comment regarding that one person who always did well on the test, that was me believe it or not, lol. Must be another reason why the other kids did not really like me. Never has seemed to help me at all on my Christmas shopping though. I am one of those people that if anyone in my family "needs" something, I go out and get it right then. This gifty stuff has always frazzled my brain.
    • 2017 posts
    December 10, 2007 8:32 AM GMT
    I am one of those people who picks up presents throughout the year so yes, I have done 99% of all my Christmas shopping and I am just buying a few stocking fillers now.

Nikki
    • 2627 posts
    December 10, 2007 11:17 AM GMT
    I haven't evan started yet!
    • 2017 posts
    December 10, 2007 9:40 PM GMT
    Hey stop picking on me!! lol

If I wasn't so organised I would never get anything done because I am always so busy. Besides, it's less stressful this way.

I have to say it is nice in Germany at this time of year because of the Christmas markets we have. You can shop a little, stop for some Gluhwein or something, and then do a little more. It makes for a lovely experience

Nikki
    • 2017 posts
    December 11, 2007 8:43 PM GMT
    That is such a shame Mary, I forget sometimes that the US has such vast distances between places sometimes. In Europe you can't travel very far without reaching the next town.

Nikki