when and where should i shop

• 1912 posts
    December 11, 2007 12:29 PM GMT
    Cristy,
    Youtube.com has a lot of great videos on applying makeup. If you go out during the day you don't want the evening party look, no smokey eyes. I assume you have some beard shadow and concealing that often is difficult. What worked for me was using a yellowish concealer then a little red lipstick blended in with the concealer, after that apply a skin matching foundation.
    • 2 posts
    December 11, 2007 1:39 AM GMT
    I would like to go shopping as a girl. would i be able to? what time should i go so i wont bump into someone i know, or should i go out of town and do a girls weekend. but i don't have no friends that know that i dress as a girl. I don't know how to do my makeup ether. Help me. I'm from miami, fl.
  • January 13, 2008 6:15 PM GMT
    well this is from a girl from brooklyn and when i go to my cd group wwwcdinyc.org in new york city i always go dressed as phylis and i do go shopping for shoes and lingerie.but you have to feel very confident in yourself to do it.i also buy my girl clothes when in drab but its more fun doing it dressed as yourself. love phylisanne
    • 1195 posts
    January 18, 2008 6:56 PM GMT
    Cisty
    There is a Tri-Ess group in the Miami area. This is a TV organization. Try to contact them direct, I'm certain they will assist you.
    Gracie
    • 16 posts
    July 15, 2008 7:44 PM BST
    It all depends on how big your town is. I am in Dallas, Tx, so I don't have to go more than a mile or two and I am in a area of the metro-plex where no one knows me. Only once have I run into someone I knew while out shopping and he did not even notice me until I walked up and said Hello.
    Now if your in a small town, then you might have to drive an hour or more to reach an area where no one know you.
    • 181 posts
    September 8, 2008 5:31 PM BST
    Christy, what a shame we dont live closer together! I just looked up to where you are too. Uh, I usually go out in the day when most " REAL " girls go out. Listen going out at night can be dangerous even in the BURBS! I usually shop at the thrift stores as I can usually find a wide variety of styles there! I generly tend to dress conservatively and I wear flats as Im going to walk alot! If you're unsure of a store heres what Ive done in the past. Ive been known to phone to the manager and ask them what their store policy is on Transexuals buying there! Usually, I find that the Butuques are the friendlyest as they cater to a small crowd. Plus Size shops can be pricey but , they're for some reason always ready to dress anyone regardless of gender!Go during the week too. I find that even the Big Stores that might mind you using the dressing rooms usually dont mind it so much during off peak hours too. Listen if you need my help please dont hesitate to pm me ! Im all about education dear. Knowlege is power! Ellen Shaver
    • 2017 posts
    December 11, 2007 8:55 AM GMT
    Firstly Cristy, stop worrying so much because that will show when you do go out and will give you away in an instant.

If you haven't been out before shopping, then by all means go out of town so noone knows you and you can relax without worrying about being 'found out'.

Practice your makeup.......a lot. GG's have been doing their make up since early teens so we have to catch up with that experience and only practise will do that. Check the 'Make Up' and Passing in public forums here for advice or pop into the chat room to speak to someone one to one. Also decide what you are going to wear, look at what other GG's wear when shopping and dress accordingly. You want to blend in remember.

Finally, just relax and be the woman you were meant to be, don't worry, people generally are too busy getting on with their own lives to take much notice and anyone who does read you will just think 'oh, a tranny'. They really aren't bothered. Act like a woman and you will be treated as one. I have never received anything but 'normal' treatment from any of the many shops, cafes, restaurants etc that I have ever been too. The worst that you might get is a couple of sniggers from teenage boys, but that is their problem and not yours.

Above all, have fun, and don't forget to tell us all about it.

Best wishes,

Nikki
    • 530 posts
    January 13, 2008 7:42 PM GMT
    You have posed a number of questions, so I'll go through one at a time.

1) I would like to go shopping as a girl. would i be able to?
    Yes, you would.

2) what time should i go so i wont bump into someone i know?
    That really depends on what time people you know do their own shopping

3) or should i go out of town and do a girls weekend?
    Often a favourite starting point, but there is a certain unwritten law that says your neighbour will have chosen that weekend to visit their relatives and go shopping in just the out of town mall you have picked. The chances of meeting someone you know are reduced, but there are no garuantees!

4) but i don't have no friends that know that i dress as a girl
    I think you mean you have no friends that know you Dress, (eliminating the double negatives) and therefore no-one who can help you, especially with make-up and clothes etc. For how to dress, I have found the best way to decide what to wear is by observation. Go to your local mall and discretely look at women of your age, take note of what they are wearing and consider emulating them. Same goes for make-up. There are many books you can buy to teach yourself make-up, and numerous online demonstrations. Then it is simply, as someone has already said, practice, practice, practice!

5) Help me. I'm from miami, fl.
    Checkout online for any groups and meetings in your area. Searches will invariably produce one not too far away, contact them, and you'll soon have help and maybe develop friends from there.
    • 2463 posts
    July 16, 2008 12:09 AM BST
    When to go shopping: When you feel like it.

Where to go shopping: Where the clothes are cute.

Does that help?