Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » A Sister Needs Urgent Help/Support!!

A Sister Needs Urgent Help/Support!!

Tags : None

• Girls, I know I'm fairly new here, so I don't know if it's my place to try and get some of you to do something, but I feel I've got to try!!!

I was just reading some of the recent threads, when I opened up "loving, caring, happy holidays, and peace to ya'l" started by Keli Elizabeth 2Good.

What I read there broke my heart!!!

She is in desperation, and I fear for her!!

She has specifically asked for NO RESPONSES, but I see that Josi Brissette has, but I didn't want to break her request, so started this thread here!!

Surely there is something we, as a sisterhood, can do to help her !!!
    Maybe, even, if one of our American sisters, living near her at Daytona Beach, could contact her directly, I don't know .............. but surely we can do something !!!

I really hope there is something !

Please give it some thought.

Angela.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      December 21, 2007 2:36 PM GMT
  • I agree with you Angela. I talk to Keli everyday to see how she is doing. But she needs someone in Florida to help her now. She has no place to stay currently and she is not well--physically and emotionally. I am encouraging her to seek medical help which she says she has a good Doctor there now. I did offer my spare room to her but the problems she faces will still be the same here as in Florida so she is reluctant. She does not want to bring her problems on me so I totally understand that. But I am here and she is far away so all I can do is be a comforting voice. Not sure what else I can do but like you said maybe someone in Florida can at least direct her to some decent housing. She is new to the area and really does not know anyone there so it has been difficult for her.
      December 21, 2007 3:11 PM GMT

• Josi,

Good to hear that you're doing all you can, to help and support her!

As you say, maybe one of our Florida sisters might be able to get something good happening for her, but even us, on "this side of the pond", should think of her, in this desperate time for her, and if there's something we can do from here, we should !!

Try and keep us up to date on how Keli is doing, and if you're speaking to her, pass on my love, and concern, to her for me.

Hugs.

Angela.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      December 21, 2007 3:46 PM GMT
  • Angela, I talked to Keli again this morning and she welcomed any kind of support or ideas she can get. I told her you were thinking of her and i think it made her feel better. I also told her to check her TW email or threads in case someone responds to this.
      December 21, 2007 4:11 PM GMT

• Josi,

Thanks for that.

Hopefully, some of the other sisters will come in on this, and give their support and thoughts/ideas.

The more, the better, and if Keli checks the thread, then maybe, seeing just how much we are concerned for her, will give her that lift she so desperately needs !!

I realise that words of support, alone, may not be enough, but by keeping this thread active, maybe someone will see it ..... read it ....... and find that there is something "practical" that she can do !!

We can but hope !!

Hugs.
    Angela.
      December 21, 2007 4:34 PM GMT
  • I spoke to Keli, at length yesterday and just sent her a message. She is my friend and sister and has all my love and support. She is in a difficult place at the moment and I know the girls here will rally round and help her in any way they can.
    Porscha
      December 21, 2007 4:55 PM GMT

• I truely hope so, Porscha !

Thankfully, I've never been in "that place" in my head, but I really feel for Keli at the moment.
    Hopefully, she'll take note of all our concern and love, and, at least, gain some strength from it!

But, as I said earlier, and as Josi also said, a bit of practical help, maybe on finding a decent place to live, might go a long way !

I've only been a member here for a short time, and I've never had the pleasure of talking to Keli, but I feel "at home" here, and Keli is one of the family, so my love and concern for her is as strong as it would be for any good friend, and I feel a bit powerless ............. not being able to go and see her, and offer as much help and support as I could. But, hopefully, by starting this thread to highlight her situation, I might have done something that might be, in a small way, helpful.

Hugs,
    Angela.
      December 21, 2007 5:40 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    This bothers me a lot. I'm in Michigan but my door is open to her. I'd love to help, but I can't from here.
    If she wants it I'll send some money. But I know it won't be enough to realy help for more than a few days.
    I wish I could do more than just give friendship & love to someone I like, very much.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      December 21, 2007 11:16 PM GMT

• Hi Karen,

You feel exactly as I do.
    Distance prevents us from "physically" being-there for her.
    But, hopefully, what little we can do, by letting her know how we feel for her, may help a little.

Unfortunately, work commitments now mean that I'll be off-line until Sunday night, so, hopefully, when I log back in, there might be some good news!

Until then girls,

Hugs.
    Angela.
      December 22, 2007 4:17 AM GMT
    I'm hoping she doesn't either. I'm thinking about her all the time now more then ever.

Love ya Keli. x x x
    Wen I'm good I'm very good but wen I'm bad I'm better.
      December 22, 2007 5:14 PM GMT
  • I hate reading posts like this because it just leaves me feeling helpless. Distance and circumstances play a part in what many of us who would call Keli a friend can do. Realistically, she needs those debts repaid and someone local to her who can be a physical shoulder to cry on and to be supportive.

I don't think Keli will hurt herself, I hope not! I think she desperately wants the necessary help to get her through this and out the other side in one piece. She said we may not see her here again, I for one hope that is not the case, we may not be able to offer much, but sometimes a few words go a long way and at least she knows she is not alone.

Keli, we are thinking of you.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      December 22, 2007 6:34 PM GMT
  • Just talked to keli a few hours ago on my lunchbreak at work she was at the hospital. She was admitted to psyche ward before i had a chance to call her after work. Not sure if she will be allowed contact with anyone so all I could do was leave a message for her.
      December 24, 2007 12:05 AM GMT

• Hi Girls,

I'm back on-line again after a stint at work !

I'm glad to hear that Keli has actually sought Professional help, and that a couple of you have spoken to her, and passed on our concerns and love.

As we've already said, distance prevents many of us doing anything "practical" to help, but we must keep her in our thoughts (and prayers, if you have a belief), and, hopefully, she will emerge in a far better state than she's in now!

If anyone can provide any practical help, please do.
    And, if any of you get any news, please let us know.

Angela.
      December 24, 2007 2:43 AM GMT
  • Some of you probably have questions about how you can contact Keli.

Here are the rules:

If you don't know where she is you can't. Nobody on staff will/may admit to you that she is somewhere unless your name is specifically listed to have that knowledge. If they are able to admit she is there to you they probably will not discuss her condition. Calling every hospital in an area will, therefore, yield no information. Staff are very good at not giving information out so don't read anything into anything said to you. They will neither confirm or deny whether someone is a patient there without written permission. I once refused to give information to Secret Service agents, at the door of the unit, who wanted to interview a patient. When they say they can't tell you, they mean it. It's the law.

If you know where she is you can call on the patient phone on the unit and ask for her by name. No staff will answer that phone, only other patients.

If she asks not to be contacted, please respect this request.

The same rules apply for any patient in a psychiatric unit in case you ever need to contact someone you know.

"A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      December 25, 2007 3:33 PM GMT
  • On a couple of occasions last week, I arrived home to find an unidentified Florida cell phone number on my caller ID. I tried to call it back, but to no avail. I do hope it wasn't Keli.

It's good to know that she's somewhere she can get some help and is, at least warm and dry. I hope to hear from her soon that she is on the mend. Helpless is the word that perfectly describes how I felt when Miss Q originally directed me to Keli's post and how I feel now, but she's in good hands for the time being, and the professionals will know best what to do from here. All we can do is wait and think positive thoughts.
      December 25, 2007 5:08 PM GMT

• It breaks my heart to find out that my dear friend Keli is having such a difficult time. And I also feel helpless due to distance and circumstances. But I'm also glad to hear that she's in a safe place for the time being and that she will hopefully get the medical help she needs and be back at TW with us soon.

Keli has had a tough life but she is a survivor and I know she'll get through this, especially with our support. I will be keeping Keli in my thoughts and prayers, although I wish there was some other way I could help her. Thanks for the updates girls.

Keli, we're thinking and praying for you.

Monika

December 26, 2007 1:35 PM GMT
  • Still have not heard from Keli yet. She said she would call when she got out but she had no idea when that would be.
      December 27, 2007 12:40 AM GMT
  • Hi Keli,

Jennifer here. I haven't been to Trannyweb for more than a month then, this New Year's Day, decided to catch up in the forums and wham, right into this thread. I am so happy to see your reply and that you still have that "kickass" attitude (lol) to demand what you deserve at the hospital. Go, girl!

It's a shame that physical distance keeps us (and many girls) apart but I do wish you, from my heart, love, and a New Year to look forward to. ----- hugs ----- jennifer
      January 1, 2008 11:02 AM GMT