Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Passing in public » live in small community and want to go out

live in small community and want to go out

Tags : None
  • i live in a very small community but would love to go out please dont be fooled by my photo that is a dream but can anyone help me on what to do I have a lot of clothes makeup wig etc
      December 23, 2007 6:01 PM GMT
  • Hi Carolyn

I would suggest you try and hook up with a local group and go out with them. There ought to be some venues in your area. (Southend, your profile says).

Try http:// http://www.transl[...].co.uk/

Have a look here as well, http://www.gayessex.org.u[...]ial.htm
    Sue. X Psychiatrists are like the eunuch in the harem. They know what transvestism is, they can describe it, they can demonstrate it, but they cant actually explain it!
      December 23, 2007 6:36 PM GMT
  • Carolyn, you just have to do it! Sorry for stating the obvious but just get out there. If it is such a closed community, go someplace else, check where you are going in male mode first if you prefer, just so you know you would be comfortable.

Ideally, this is nice to accomplish with another person to give you some support and to share the experience with, they don't have to be TG themselves though. If you have to go alone, don't worry about it, many girls, including myself, had their first outing on their own. In my case I just took myself into town. It isn't as scary as you might think it is but do make sure you aren't in a dodgy neighbourhood.

Most of all, just relax and have fun.

Nikki

Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      December 23, 2007 8:30 PM GMT
    Hi Carolyn,

I also live in a very small community. One which has absolutely no understanding of the TG world, but thats another story.

I know Sue [hi hun!] said your profile stated Southend, when I just looked it said Douglas. Not being the brightest candle on the birthday cake, I racked my teeny brain and can only assume thats on the Isle of Man. Or a suburb of Southend.

Whatever it is, you want to go out.

Ok, you have a couple of choices. If you feel uncomfortable stepping out your front door as Carolyn then clearly you need to plan ahead and go by stealth.

I don't know what your income level is or your access to your own transport. But I'll assume its moderate and you have a car. Then the first thing I would do is find a decent gay venue a little way from where you live but close enough to commute to. Check it out. It does'nt matter if you're straight - just say no if the occasion arises! But its a place you can start being you. It may mean changing in your car or booking into a cheap B&B but you'll get to go out as you. And if you have a friend who knows and supports you as a CD, take him or her along too.

There's also a myriad of places - hotels, B&B's etc - catering exclusively for CD / TV's. So if you can't get to go out regularly, you can at least save up for a weekend away as you - and have something special to look forward to!

And these experiences, however you achieve them, will help build up your confidence and knowledge.

Like work, if you live in a rural or small community, sometimes you have to commute!

And take Nikki's advice [hi hun!] - keep out of the dodgy places!

Much love

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      December 31, 2007 1:27 AM GMT
  • Advanced senility is definitely setting in.

I have no idea where I got the Southend from. Please ignore everything I said, and I will quietly go away.

(My badge says Sue, so I guess that must be me)

Sue. X Psychiatrists are like the eunuch in the harem. They know what transvestism is, they can describe it, they can demonstrate it, but they cant actually explain it!
      January 1, 2008 12:56 AM GMT