New Years Eve

Tags : None
  • It's not like me to be a wet blanket but do I hate New Years Eve. All those crowds, all those price rip-offs, all that drunkeness, copious vomiting and fake bonhomie. I have never been out and enjoyed a good New Years Eve. Which is why I don't bother any more. So I will be spending tonight on my own. Still I can make it special. So I look a little glam, and it's nice to know I still scrub up well. These new shoes are killing me though. They are my - I'm available, take me, do with me as you will shoes - unfortunately they are so strappy I fear the desire on the part of any potential suitor may have died by the time I get to take them off. And they hurt, but best to wear them in now, I think. Anyway, it's always great to be so tall. So I doubt I will still be up at midnight. Good riddance to the year just gone and the new one only fills me with trepidation. And who says I always think the glass is half-empty. But that's just me. I wish you all a happy new year and that's from the heart. Thanks girls xxx
    Porscha
      December 31, 2007 7:50 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    I like New Years it gets me out of that Christmas funk. I won't be going out but I will spend a lot of time on the phone. Over time the people that matter have scattered far & wide.
    I'll but on some nicer clothes, pop a cork, & relax.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 1, 2008 12:28 AM GMT
  • I'm with you on the New Year's Eve parties Porscha. Been there, done that, can't remember one the next day that I wanted to remember. I will be home tonight and whether I stay up till midnight is doubtful. But then again my wife mentioned maybe getting a bottle of champagne and getting into the hot tub. That is always a good thing because I get to wear my bikini, lol. I can relate to breaking in new shoes, I would rather do that at home instead of having to fake a smile in public because of the pain. I know you feel like you had a bad year. All I can say is I hope 2008 brings you many happy surprises, I know you deserve them.
    Love,
    Marsha
      January 1, 2008 12:34 AM GMT
  • Hey Porscha, nothin wrong with stayin in on new years eve. Of course, if I did not have my friend Kristina Jennifer from TW it would just be me and my daughter tonight. I am also expecting a very long new years chat with Meredith. Happy New Years to you anyways girl.
      January 1, 2008 12:51 AM GMT
    Hey Porscha!

So sorry to read that the year we're leaving has'nt been particularly good for you - and I truly hope and wish that 2008 will be significantly better!

Can't say that I've ever been a glass-half-full / glass-half-empty sort of person. My glass has always been full and overflowing. [No, no! I'm not saying I'm an alcoholic, its an allegory!]

We all see and spend the New Year either as we would wish or as circumstances allow. But I could'nt spend it on my own unless that was what I particularly needed at that time.

The best things in life really are free. And the best thing the year provided for me was my dearest friend and greatest support changed. 2007 saw her evolve from being my best and closest friend to being my sister. With her recognising and accepting me as a sister to her. Its a relationship we want to build on and keep. And its one which means so much to me.

So, obviously, I spent tonight with my sister, her boyfriend and two children. All of them supportive of me and it was an evening of absolute love, good food and a great family atmosphere.

But no matter how any of you TWers spent the night, may 2008 bring you all a little extra sparkle!

Much love

Rae xx

www.raekelcou.com
      January 1, 2008 2:55 AM GMT
  • Well, I sometimes celebrate and sometimes I don't, but I do always do something with a few friends at home at the very least.

Personally, I look back and see all the wonderful things that have happened in the year and look forward to trying to improve on it in the coming year. I know that makes me a raging optimist but trust me, my heeled feet are firmly on the ground too. I just believe that your life is whatever you choose to make it and I want a long and happy one.

Best wishes to you all.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      January 1, 2008 9:35 AM GMT