Boobs

• 83 posts
    January 2, 2008 10:08 AM GMT
    In my experience one of the biggest barriers (for me) to cross when being open with my partners has been the subject of boobs. It seemed to me that to most of them it crossed the line from just dressing up to “wanting to actually be a woman” though this was never the real situation. It was a line that my first wife felt went too far and after I nervously appearing in front of her with my first small breast forms in my bra she rejected the idea. I would only wear them when dressing on my own from then on in.

After we split I bought some larger more “real” looking forms and just threw them into the mix when coming out to my partners and this seemed to work better though I was very self-conscious at first.

My new wife though is very supportive of my cross dressing and since she bought me a pair of new breast forms in a large size for my birthday I have felt far freer to play around with my boobs (if you know what I mean!). Depending on my out fit (especially the bra I am wearing!) I can have larger or smaller boobs as required.

This Christmas I have gone a little further and discussed and shown her how taping can give me a cleavage which came up as an issue as she bought me a low cut dress for Christmas which is great.

However, taping is really painful so does anyone know who sells that cleavage making under bras?

Also what were your experiences of bringing your boobs out (so to speak!) to your partner?

Susan
    x
    • 1912 posts
    January 2, 2008 6:12 PM GMT
    I have to disagree with you bigtime Anne. We are not doctors or therapist and IN MY OPINION IT IS WRONG for anyone not qualified to recommend hormones to anyone, here at TW or anywhere for that matter.

Susan please read this TW forum thread before you even consider taking hormones. Should you decide they may be right for you I highly recommend seeing a qualified gender therapist first.
    http://gendersociety.com/[...]405628&

If all you want to do is dress occassionally, stick to breastforms. As Anne posted in my thread "Oestrogel is fairly safe", will fairly safe and safe are not the samething.

Be smart about this.
    Love,
    Marsha
    • 83 posts
    January 2, 2008 8:03 PM GMT
    Hi girls - thanks for your interest. I am not intending to untake hormone treatment at all as I am happy being as i am - though it is a nice fantasy to have real ones..if only I can choose when they appear and disappear again

Susan
    x
    • 1912 posts
    January 3, 2008 11:47 AM GMT
    Anne,
    Often we know what we want to say and assume others will know what we mean. If your statement said "Have you considered talking to a therapist about hormones" instead of "Have you considered hormones" it would have come across clearer. As for are we all adults, plenty of adults make stupid decisions, don't ever assume someone will not take you literally.
    Marsha
    • 871 posts
    January 3, 2008 2:09 PM GMT
    boobs can be a challenge. having seen many young girls get em out for everyone to have a gander. i did the same. got em out and passed em around so everyone could have a good feel. no, i mean, that was somebody i know!
    • 83 posts
    January 3, 2008 8:12 PM GMT
    Thanks Wendy - that is exactly what I was thinking of..though they do seem expensive. I saw something like that in SA but it was cheaper..unfortunately we were at the in laws and they were shopping with us so we couldn't get abetter look..same with that lovely maids uniform on sale

Susan
    x
    • 83 posts
    January 3, 2008 8:12 PM GMT
    Thanks Lucy..I will go and have a look right now

Susan

x
    • 4 posts
    January 3, 2008 11:38 PM GMT
    Hi Susan,
    I've used the Nu Bra for some time and they give you a great cleavage. It sticks to your chest and just peels off when you want, it's really comfy and it hides under your forms. I bought my first set for about £7! from Ethel Austins, who are a store chain in NW England. I think they might have since stopped stocking these, but I've also seen them in La Senza albeit a lot more pricey.
    If you can it's probably worth searching EBay.

Nicky
    xx
    • 83 posts
    January 5, 2008 12:45 AM GMT
    Thanks Nicky..I shall trie the Nu bra route and have a gander

Susan

x
    • 83 posts
    January 5, 2008 12:47 AM GMT
    Sadly Nikki at this present time I have plenty of breast material to work with I need to slim down and no mistake!

Anyway, I was thinking about other ways of using my older "skinny me" bras to get some effect..

Susan

x
    • 30 posts
    January 6, 2008 2:29 AM GMT
    My goodness! In three days so many responses on this subject! I did not see any suggestions on one of my tricks, though, so I thought I'd put my two cents worth in. Susan, you evidently are like me, in wanting the APPEARANCE of cleavage, but without anything as drastic as surgery or hormones, and cheap and more or less comfortable.
    I went to my local $1 store, and bought a $1 underwire bra a couple of sizes too small. Cutting off the straps, I put it on UPSIDE-DOWN, using the tight underwires to hold my skin while I create cleavage before putting on my regular bra and breast forms. It works like a charm, creating realistic though not eye-popping cleavage, and after a while I forget I am even wearing it.

Happy New Year to all!

Karin
    • 83 posts
    January 6, 2008 6:08 PM GMT
    Thanks Karin

I will try this trick this evening

Susan
  • January 7, 2008 9:05 PM GMT
    Susan
    Matalan sell the same thing as the NuBra for £5.00. I know because I recently restocked the shelf of them in our Oxford shop.
    A general question now. Why do lots of girls seem to want big boobs. I've got A-cup boobs and I've never been happier in my life. Also my fiance says that they are plenty big enough to fill his hands.

Alina
    • 83 posts
    January 8, 2008 8:45 AM GMT
    Hi Alina

For me it is not about having big breasts per se but having ones that fit my body. Also my wife bought me a new dress that was low cut and I wanted to have a clevage to go with it

Thanks for your tip regarding Matalan!

Susan
    • 83 posts
    January 10, 2008 7:56 AM GMT
    Wendy

I agree. I have diiferent clothes to fit the different sizes I can swing between and so have different breast forms depending on the clothes. Clevage hasn't been much of an issue before, though I had experimented with taping, until recently when I recieved the lower cut dress and top. All I am really after is something that will sit well with my current breast size shape. I have tried the upside down smaller bra and it has worked! Until I can get/afford something more expensive or different it is a nice cheap alternative.

Susan
  • January 12, 2008 12:09 AM GMT
    My two cents would be to do what feels right for you. If you feel breast forms are the way you want to go, more power to you hun. Myself, I will be going the hormone route once I get to a therapist
  • January 12, 2008 1:02 PM GMT
    In our part of the world, they basically frown upon you if you self medicate. The standards of care are what the Therapists are concerned about, as well as the patient.

I could start self medicating myself, like you do Anne, however I have heard horror stories about doing so, so I continue down my path, slowly, but surely I will get there
    • 83 posts
    January 13, 2008 11:09 PM GMT
    Karin

Just to give you an update - my wife and I bought me a bra sized 34 (I am normally 38) and it worked fantastically with my breat forms and normal bra on top! Thanks for the tip..though both my wife and I were sad to cut the new one up as it was sooo pretty - mind you it only cost £2 and wouldn't have fitted either of us
    • 259 posts
    January 14, 2008 8:09 PM GMT
    Of course I have to put in my GG experience with bras. Mostly I hate them and I wear soft comfortable sports bras but there are special occassions when a bra is necessary.

My bra size is 36 A--although I could fit into an AA just fine but they do not make those in a 36 usually.

Any how, since I really have no cleavage I decided to recently purchase a push up bra from Kohls on sale for $20--it was the generic version of the wonder bra. Wow! it gave me great cleavage and I appeared bigger in size also with the extra padding. Not only that but it was more comfortable than I thought it would be.

My rib cage of course is small like a GG but my upper torso tends to be muscley since I am so athletically built.

At a party this summer I wore the bra with a low top thin strapped blouse and I got lots of comments from coworkers on the cleavage. I felt so girly. I am so used to wearing scrubs and workout clothes that sometimes I forget that I am a girl underneath.
    • 871 posts
    January 29, 2008 2:59 PM GMT
    I would be ecstatic if I had A cup boobs.
    • 2017 posts
    January 14, 2008 12:48 PM GMT
    That's brilliant Susan, I'm glad that worked for you. Why don't you start a thread in the 'Tranny Tips' forum and share this idea with everyone else?

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    January 3, 2008 3:39 AM GMT
    It's always important for us to realize that we are each different, with different needs. Those needs can change in time. However, there is no "going back" completely when we start taking hormones. Some would rather keep their erections than grow real breasts. It's not an "all or nothing" situation. You can choose "one from column A and two from column B" and not order everything on the menu. Some of us want, some of us need. Sorting this out is a good reason for professional help.

It is important, when offering suggestions, to be clear on all the factors involved. It is official policy of TW to not advocate HRT or SRS without professional support. I know people who have done hormones without this support. They knew the dangers and made the decision for themselves to take the potentially life threatening risks that this brings. I don't personally or professionally advocate this and encourage my friends to seek professional support. My immediate personal plans are to get a good set of attachable silicon forms. However, I don't rule out HRT later....but I will work with a doctor and therapist. This is not a game, it is my life.
    • 2627 posts
    January 3, 2008 3:24 PM GMT
    LOL!!
    Mine are nice. Thier in a box in my bedroom at the moment. Though I've never let anyone cop a feel.
    Anyone looking to get some, ebay has great prices.

With all this talk no one has answerd the first question. I'd like to know too.
    • 2573 posts
    January 3, 2008 6:19 PM GMT
    http://www.amazon.com/Cle[...]0MPQASY

The Diva bra is designed to enhance what you have naturally. It's specifically designed for crossdressers. This link has a great picture.

The following link is a Wikipedia article on cleavage enhancement, including taping and the Diva bra as well as other techniques. It also has many links and references for more information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w[...]ncement
    • 2573 posts
    January 3, 2008 6:23 PM GMT
    Ladies, let's take the discussion of how to recommend things to it's own thread if you feel the need to continue it. For this thread the point has been made and clarified adequately. You may wish to put a link to any new thread in this one as a final post on the topic.
    • 1652 posts
    January 3, 2008 6:47 PM GMT
    Susan, have a look on Ebay – search for adhesive bra, or silicone bra. There are many brands, some of which are, Magic bra, Q-bra, Invisible bra. They are a little more comfortable than using tape, and quite effective if you get it right, but you still need to wear breast forms over them to get a natural shape.
    xx
    • 2017 posts
    January 4, 2008 9:34 AM GMT
    I have seen these Diva Bra's before and I do think they are quite good, although it does depend on how much fat/skin you have to play around with in the first place. If like me, you don't really have any then no matter what you wear, you will not get a cleavage and so you have to pick your clothes to suit your body type.

Which can be a real shame sometimes.

I have a girl friend who is a little 'fuller' than me and she gets a great cleavage from this bra.

Looking at it though, I bet you could make one yourself with an old bra and some breast enhancers.

Nikki

• 2573 posts
    January 9, 2008 9:49 PM GMT
    With any product, especially those for transgender folk, it is important to shop around. Prices can vary dramatically from one source to another. The reason I used the link above was because it had a good, clear picture of how the DIVA worked.

My goal, in breast/hip/waist size, has always been to create a figure that matches one of the gg sizes for clothing, so it fits. Since the chest is the limiting factor for most of us, we are stuck with that. You can increase your hips, reduce your waist and, with some effort, your lower rib cage. Your upper chest and shoulders you are stuck with. If you reduce the fat on the chest you can drop a size, but then you lose the opportunity for natural cleavage. So it's all about decisions and what is most important to you. For me it's "fitting in".......to the clothing available. For me this also adds height. I need tall girl/custom fitted clothes. I will probably have two sets of silicone forms to give me the opportunity to fit in clothes in different ranges, since I sit right on the edge of the 18/20 Tall Womens US sizes and going to 18 dramatically increases my choice of clothing.

Like I said, take your personal preferences into consideration. Don't follow the pack.
    • 2017 posts
    January 12, 2008 12:23 PM GMT
    Hmmm.......what about 'A' cup implants? Small enough to be hidden when not in use? Big enough to use with breast enhancers to create a cleavage when required. I don't know, what do you think?

Nikki
    • 2017 posts
    January 12, 2008 1:49 PM GMT
    I would never self medicate and don't intend starting hormones anyhow, I just wanted to throw another option open for discussion.

Personally, I would opt for implants if I was full time for two reasons, firstly, at my age I think there are probably more risks than benefits of taking hormones. Secondly, I am too impatient and would want my boobs NOW!!!!

Nikki
  • January 12, 2008 3:42 PM GMT
    Being a TS is an investment? That's the first time I have heard that...

Self-medicating means practicing medicine on yourself, such as taking hormones that were not prescribed by a doctor and wether it is done in secrecy or not doesn't really matter.
    I don't understand why this discussion keeps coming back. If you live in a country where healthcare for TS is covered like England for instance I can't think of a single reason not to get your hormones prescribed by a doctor or to go see a therapist. Not a single reason.
    Doctors and therapists are not investigating the patients out of spite. The idea behind modern health-care is to provide the best possible treatment for the patients, not to keep them from attaining health. Perhaps they don't provide therapists at the countryside in Brazil. A few hundred years ago they also did surgery without regards to bacterial infections and that seemed to have worked for a few patients too. I have also heard about people living to be 100 years old and smoked all their lives so smoking might not be bad either.

I'm glad things work out for you Fantasia, I really am, but you are in no position at all to give medical advice to anyone after only experimenting on your own body. No more than the smoker who is 100 years old.

If you want to learn at least a little bit about why byuing drugs online and self medicating is risky, you could read this for instance:
    http://www.northernconcor[...]ugs.htm

Don't worry, it's not scary propaganda.
    • 2017 posts
    January 12, 2008 6:39 PM GMT
    Okay, let's get the topic back on track, this thread started off about crossdressing, not transitioning. By all means carry on the discussion but start a new thread in the appropriate forum instead please.

Thankyou,

Nikki
    • 2573 posts
    January 29, 2008 2:44 AM GMT
    I have a friend who is not full time and has "B cup" tatas. In male role this requires wearing devices to hide them, as for a pre-op FtM. If you plan this route I suggest you check a FtM site to see what problems you may face.