Lipstick dilema

Tags : None
  • Hi all,
    right when i use lippy i like to use a thin brush to apply it. I can't stand normal lippy,can never apply it just how i want it. I have just started using the new lip thinity by maxfactor, this has a thin swab like aplicator and it seems to do the job. What kind do you girls use?......Love JJ xx
    JULIE Warrior Maiden of Valhalle
      August 5, 2004 10:42 AM BST
  • I just use the normal stuff then touch up the edges with a brush JJ.it seems to work for me.Love maria xxx
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      August 5, 2004 10:48 AM BST
  • Hehe...just the normal lipstick and some gloss on it with a brush and ready. I have learned to add some lipstick quickly in any place and without mirror. I finish it with a lip movement...

Laura
      August 5, 2004 10:54 AM BST
  • Mmmm Laura i use liplock instead of gloss, it last's a good 12 hours.It tingles at first but after that it locks the lippy nicely in place hardly need to touch up at all.....and it tastes nice too..........Love JJ xx
      August 5, 2004 10:59 AM BST
  • you use liplock too do you JJ lol maria xxx
      August 5, 2004 11:07 AM BST
  • Always have Maria as i say it locks it tight on your lips and also makes it look a little shinny not to much......JJ x
      August 5, 2004 11:10 AM BST
  • i've recently started usin it.Is it me or has it got that chewing gum type smell? lol maria xxxxx
      August 5, 2004 11:14 AM BST
  • Yes Maria it has LOL........JJ x
      August 5, 2004 11:18 AM BST
  • Gotta try that, girls

Laura
      August 5, 2004 1:52 PM BST
  • Laura be warned it makes your lips sting onl for about 30 seconds, but the result is fantastic........Love JJ xx
      August 5, 2004 1:55 PM BST
  • Hi Shan yep it is it seals the lippy to your lip's and as i said it lasts for about 12hrs.......Love JJ xx
      August 5, 2004 1:57 PM BST
  • I have to agree with JJ, as much fun as it is to use a lipstick "straight" the brush gives you a more controlled coverage, especially inside lipliner, and the coverage is more even, filling the lines in the lip better. Models all use brushes for this reason. Still, can't beat that public "Oh, I need a touch up!" whip out the lipstick and apply moment, can you? It has a flair the little brush doesn't.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      August 5, 2004 4:52 PM BST
  • Wendo like you i find the brush is more controlable and have noticed you can get an even fuller look using a brush......love JJ xx
      August 5, 2004 4:55 PM BST
  • Hi--

I find a lot depends on the quality of the lipstick in question. If you use a less expensive one, a brush can do wonders. A more expensive one often does not need a brush, although that also depends on your lips. I don't use a lipliner at all; it never looks right on me.

I use Shiseido lipsticks and/or glosses and have had great success with them. I used Cover Girl for the longest time, but needed a brush to use it well.

Liplock? Sounds like something I want to be doing with a cuuuuuuuuute 'lil boytoy--not something I'd wear. Still--where does one get this stuff? I'd like to try it.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius and Ultra-Flirt"
    Living as the woman I am!
      August 5, 2004 5:32 PM BST
  • Mina, try in the pharmacy's love if not the department store's should do it......love JJ xx
      August 5, 2004 6:23 PM BST
  • Right i need the truth from the girls that went to TM's, did that colour lippy suit me or not?. It was the bluey colour if you cant remember and i didn't use a brush either!!!.....love JJ xx
      August 12, 2004 10:16 AM BST
  • that colour wasn't really you JJ,i thought maybe a more reddy,plummy sort of colour would have suited you better.But it's your choice what colour you wearlove maria xxxxx
      August 12, 2004 10:23 AM BST
  • that colour wasn't really you JJ,i thought maybe a more reddy,plummy sort of colour would have suited you better.But it's your choice what colour you wearlove maria xxxxx
      August 12, 2004 10:23 AM BST
  • Thanks for the honesty Maria, i have to agree with you on that though.......JJ xx
      August 12, 2004 10:33 AM BST