A Question

• 65 posts
    January 30, 2008 5:07 PM GMT
    Hi All
    This is what I want to know why do trannys go for the male stero of a woman sexualy outraguse that sticks out a mile you are a tranny.
    I move through the streets dressed as a woman, act as a woman and excepted as a woman by women .
    Even this saturday this woman turned to me and said look at that fool thinks hes a woman as a tranny walked by or should say stuted by. I just smiled at her and carryed on my way.
    Love Mandy XXXX
    • 448 posts
    January 30, 2008 6:13 PM GMT
    Hi Mandy

You use the phrase 'act as a woman', you may just have answered your own question.
    • 1912 posts
    January 30, 2008 8:30 PM GMT
    Mandy, I think you are bordering on bringing up the CD/TV vs TS debate again which tends to be frowned upon at TW. Each has their own reasoning for what they do and how they go about doing it. Should it really matter if they are happy with themselves? Could it have been a gay drag queen not a TG? Sometimes it is just fun to talk about silly stuff, is there anything wrong with that?

For me, I only have two skirts/dresses that are above my knees in my boring wardrobe. For the most part I wear jeans with a sweater or tshirt and sandals or athletic shoes. I know, boring to most, but thats what most women around here wear. Most of my heels are in the 1 1/2" range. I rarely wear full makeup, maybe do my eyes or just mascara. I'm not fulltime, been on HRT for just about three years now and I get about as many ma'ams as sirs when i'm out doing my business with zero makeup.

So what do I have in common with CD/TVs, we are friends. Works for me.

Love,
    Marsha
    • 166 posts
    January 31, 2008 7:06 AM GMT
    ya Know ... folks gotta lot to say ? masterbating their ego's ??
    I've been forward enough in opinions ... and posted "REAL" photo's of myself ...
    ..figured if I'd something to say ..I should post an honest picture too ??
    And I do'nt miss to any degree ..all the greif ,,ziggy inflicted on this site ?
    Have I offended ?? ...tough shizzen.. bring it On ? "K"
    • 1912 posts
    January 31, 2008 11:34 AM GMT
    Geez Anne, talk about posting a real picture. Why don't you start? Please don't try to tell me that is you because there are two many flaws in how you described yourself in the past for that to be you. Also lets start with that is a real woman given away by the ring finger size being noticeably shorter than the index finger. Also all your talk about not being able to pass and getting FFS this spring. So lets not get into pictures again because for various good reasons, gals here have not posted one.

Back to the original question in this thread. I think the way the original question was framed it generalized all TG's as dressing as the stereotype female in a sexual manner. That probably was not Mandy's intention in the first place. I'm thinking maybe she wanted to know "why" would a tranny want to go out looking like that when typical women don't dress like that. Mandy, maybe a little more clarification would be helpful on what you were really asking.

Either way, don't categorize us all into the same TG stereotype. That is what the public does and that is a major cause of why we have problems being accepted in society.
    • 1912 posts
    January 31, 2008 10:08 PM GMT
    Personnally I think the original post was just made to say "Hey look at me I can pass, why does everyone else go out looking like a fool?" It's not like she responded to any comments made to this thread which has been running for several days. EGO trip thing.

MA, that was a great observation you made, you are absolutely right.

Love,
    Marsha

• 404 posts
    February 7, 2008 4:50 PM GMT
    Mandy Rae........,
    it might surprise you to know that there are trannies who are only in it for the clothes.The very idea of even trying to look vaguely like, or even acting like (imitating?), a woman is just not their trip.They are men who are at one with themselves as men but who, at the same time ,just like to wear womens clothing. Some have even taken things so far as to be allowed to wear skirts for work whilst in all other aspects being a man. The palette of tranny lifestyles is broader and more colourful than a lot of people are apparently able to imagine.

Might I suggest that you take the following, very sound , advice to heart:

ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE OPENING MOUTH AND/OR SLAGGING PEOPLE OFF.

Have a nice day!

Lynn -I am what I am- Harvey

P.S. I think you could use an evening class or two in english spelling or perhaps typing!
    • 65 posts
    February 13, 2008 6:50 PM GMT
    Hi MARSHA
    I asked thiis question because it intrigues me. I have been x dressing for over 50 years and I can honesly say I have allways acted a lady and tried to fit in whith the norm GG .
    ALSO may I add that I never in that time had a hard on while dressed. I JUSTED WHANTED TOBE A WOMAN AND STILL DO
    HUGS MANDY XXXX
    • 1912 posts
    February 13, 2008 7:21 PM GMT
    Hi Mandy,
    Hope nothing I said offended you, the last post was only because you left us hanging by not clarifying your original post. Face it, the original post was made two weeks ago, gave us a lot of time to run different directions without knowing your intentions.

Personally it sounds to me that you enjoy who you are and how you go about doing your own thing. Glad to hear it. Not sure I needed the info about hmm, you know, lol. I hope nothing I said provoked that comment.

Enjoy, Love,
    Marsha
    • 404 posts
    February 15, 2008 5:05 PM GMT
    Hi girls,
    a couple of points:

firstly-the bandwidth of the Tranny spectrum is wider than most of us realise or will probably ever experience........

Secondly-before we all get too worked up about cliches,stereotypes,etc etc....perhaps we ought take a look at ourselves.What did we really look like when we took our first tentative steps out of the closet into the cold,harsh,light of day?I would suggest that,if we're at all honest with ourselves, we have to shamefacedly admit that,whatever our own personal feelings about our gender affiliation,to the watching public we were nothing more than 'blokes in frocks' giving stereotyped,cliched, depictions of women.The great majority of us at least.Some of us may have been lucky enough to been coached by sympathetic SOs but even they would have had an uphill battle against beard shadow,broad shoulders,6foot+ bodies,to say nothing of our voices.The rest of us have had to find our own way through the maze.......Those of us who were lucky enough to be able to start sorting themselves out during childhood or teen years have, by and large,been able to avoid the traps the rest of us have repeatedly fallen into along the way.There is a saying in german- I translate- 'Those who point the finger at someone should always remember which way the other fingers of that hand are pointing'.In short,next time we meet a stereotype,pause for a moments reflection and remember where we've come from.....

It occurs to me that,although I'm talking generally,someone,somewhere,for reasons best known to themselves,will feel I'm rattling their cage.Sorry,but that is their problem and,before they turn on me,they should perhaps, first of all, ask themselves what is lurking in the vaults of their memory to get them so worked up................

That's enough pontificating from me.......mind how you go.......and don't slip up on the cliches.......

Lynn Harvey

• February 15, 2008 8:55 PM GMT
    Hi Mandy,

I personally try to dress as close to a ggirl as possible, but do enjoy experimenting. I'm rapidly going thru what
    a ggirl would have from early teens to my current age. From the fishnet stockings phase thru to my current conservative black
    pencil dress / white blouse phase for more formal wear, to jeans and a cute top as appropriate, I'm just now really getting aligned with
    what is right for me. (pls excuse the run on sentence).

During various times, I was trying to find out who/what I was, what styles I liked and the objective of my dressing. Over time, these objectives changed dramatically from simple x-dressing to really supporting being Michelle inside. Some of the early style choices obviously did not
    work for me. The same went for hair color, hair styles, wigs and choice of clothes. These are all things ggirls have years of experience
    deciding. I don't know how many times I've bought something, thought it would be great on me and realized it was just not right for me.

As I learn what styles are age appropriate for me by observing ggirls in my age range, it became apparent that many of my early style choices would stick out badly. Since my objective is to try and blend in (doubtful), at least I can be as much just another gal as possible.

So to sum it up. I've been on a journey that started w x-dressing, and it uncovered my true inner feelings about who I am. This had a dramatic influence on how I dress/act and ultimately (hopefully) live my life.

May each of you have the freedom to explore who you are, and enjoy the journey of learning what you like/dislike. Hopefully your journey will be without people judging you, but simply accepting you and your choices.

Hugz from a sister,

Michelle Lynn

• 65 posts
    February 20, 2008 3:34 PM GMT
    Hi all
    Well that put the cat amongst the pigeons .
    I must have had a head start on most of you. My auntie seemed to know my wanting to be a girl when I was 11 and helped me alot in dressing and walking,,,makeup ext I think it made her day.
    then she died when I was 15
    thanks girls for all your inputs

hugs Mandy XXXXXX
    • 171 posts
    February 20, 2008 6:01 PM GMT
    Isn't there a really simple answer to the question? I suspect that if ask a G Girl what clothes she wore when 'dressing-up' with friends when very young, that they would have chosen quite flamboyant outfits, in an attempt to appear grown up. Fast forward twenty years, I bet the same G Girl will have discovered that subtlety says as much as flamboyance, and that being a woman is far more complex than merely donning outre clothing. There are exceptions of course..
    So a factor of time, experience and opportunity should enable a transformation from ugly-duckling to swan.

NB. NOT SEEKING TO OFFEND ANYONE, PARTICULARY ANY UGLY DUCKLINGS CURRENTLY BOBBING ABOUT ON THE THAMES THAT MAY BE READING THIS.
    • 2017 posts
    January 30, 2008 7:57 PM GMT
    I think the major difference may depend on how transsexual you are. Some want to dress in everyday clothes and simply blend in. Others tend to dress outrageously and of course will get noticed for being what they are, which to my mind seems more like transvestism.

Certainly myself and all the TS's I know are accepted as being women and fit into anywhere you care to place them. I'm not saying we aren't read, but we are accepted because we look 'normal' or 'acceptable'.

Nikki

• 2017 posts
    January 30, 2008 8:44 PM GMT
    Marsha's post made me want to add something.

The other week four of us girls spent the weekend together and went into town and every one of us wore jeans! (Girls do wear them you know, especially in the winter). I for one love skirts but January is not the time to be wearing them, lol.

Summertime is another matter though............

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    January 30, 2008 9:19 PM GMT
    Some natal females dress outrageously and some dress conservatively. Why should t-girls be any different?

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2573 posts
    January 30, 2008 10:30 PM GMT
    One of the things I love about TW is finding that, not only am I not alone, I share ideas and attitudes with others, giving some validation to my feelings and beliefs.

When I came out to my SO, I told her that I was not looking to pass. What I wanted was acceptance and to share a lifestyle. This was a big change from earlier in my life when I wanted total anonymity and only strong sexual motivations could get me to dress. When I accepted being TG, my motivations/drives changed. I do wonder if I would have ever discovered Wendy if I had not "dressed for sex" before I began to "dress for acceptance". So I agree with both Nikki, on acceptance and Marsha on needs. I don't know why we dress for different reasons. I theorize different ticks in the male-female brain continuum are active. Believing this, I realize that we can't live with a TG discrimination on motivation. It should be ok for everyone, no matter their reason. As Joni points out, ggs dress differently, probably due to a combination of personality and brain structure(tics). Perhaps the more outrageously dressed ggs are merely more "sexual partner seeking" and strut their mating dance and show their feathers more dramatically than others. In any event, from Laura to Ziggy we all should have the right to dress as we wish. It harms nobody. Those who are upset are harming themselves. My mother and her friends dressed up as a male, heavy metal rock band in their 70's, for fun. Good for you, mom...you go girl! Should groups set their own standards, like Tri-Ess? Sure, they formed to meet the needs of their member population. Should societal laws set restricting standards? It's a tough one. I'm not sure I want people walking naked in public, but I do not think there should be a clothing/behavior restriction based on genetic sex. The last century saw women being free to wear men's clothing styles in public and at work. It did not effect their work abilities adversely. Society changed, but did not collapse. Individual rights were deemed more important than society's rights. I've seen both tgs and ggs shopping in supermarkets in evening gowns and spiked heels. It looked out of place but so what? It wasn't the least bit disturbing or damaging. I want the freedom to enjoy myself by dressing en femme in public. If someone wants to do it in spike-heeled, thigh high, black patent boots, fishnet stockings and a miniskirt...no problem...gg or tg. Have fun. I'd rather Gloria Vanderbildt and a Coach bag, but I'm not offended by Kinky Boots either. At the right party I'd wear them. I am my mother's daughter.
    • 1980 posts
    January 31, 2008 12:41 AM GMT
    Funny ain't it though, it's usually the male bird that has the most flamboyant plumage. Maybe it takes being a t-girl to have the courage to show it.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2627 posts
    January 31, 2008 3:51 AM GMT
    When someone dresses like that they know it. But they have the courage not to care what others say.
    So more power to em.
    • 2573 posts
    January 31, 2008 7:48 AM GMT
    Ann,

1. Because there is no way to change what you pick on sign up. I hadn't accepted I was TG until the day after I joined TW and the choices available did not fit right, so .......none of the above. I think about that frequently and did so earlier today. I do not consider myself to be TS at this time. I consider myself a Two-Spirit person, which is not one of the choices. Otherwise, I might be a transgenderist and plan to try it on and see how it fits. For now, I refer to myself as an "inbetweenie". I hope I have satisfied your need for a label. All labels are subject to change without prior notice and are only valid to the user. For Wendy's life story, refer to my blog on TW. WARNING: May induce sleep. Do not read while operating machinery.

2. I have no pictures of Wendy and am too poor to get any at this time. If I wasn't living rent-free, I'd be living under a bridge. When I can afford it I will have some done.
    • 2017 posts
    January 31, 2008 1:20 PM GMT
    Well, I have personally been on the end of a verbal tirade regarding my choice of clothing but so what?? Has it changed my taste? Did I think it wasn't appropriate? NO!! Do GG's of my age wear it, YES!

Other girls have seen me dressed similarly and have been very positive. I am happy with the way I dress and so is my wife. If I was out of order, believe me she would soon tell me. Besides, we share so many clothes now since our taste is the same.

So, wear what you want, don't worry about what others say or think. There is a time to blend in but there is also a time to stand out from the crowd too and be proud of yourself. I know I am.

Nikki
    • 1980 posts
    January 31, 2008 2:29 PM GMT
    Well maybe this is me jerking off my ego, pardon the crudity. But I didn't get out of one box so the clothes police can put me in another. I wear what I feel like wearing on any given occasion. Anyone who doesn't like it can avert their gaze. It's why we have swivels in our necks.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 1980 posts
    January 31, 2008 9:52 PM GMT
    Right on, MA! <girly high 5>

Hugs...Joni Marie
    • 2068 posts
    January 31, 2008 11:29 PM GMT
    I couldn't have put that any better MA.....good on ya girl!

Lol xxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2573 posts
    February 1, 2008 4:46 AM GMT
    On topic please!
    • 734 posts
    February 14, 2008 12:55 AM GMT
    Hi all!

I've just read this post from start to finish. Which means, of course, I've forgotten the start of it - doh!

At the end of the day we are all individuals. We are all on different starting paths of the same road. The Cross-Dresser, the Transvestite, the Transgendered. We all speak the same language. Just different dialects.

And thats a hard lesson for the so-called culturally aware to learn.

There are those of us who are completely fastidious [ok, probably misspelt that] in being completely 100% female in appearance and action.

There are those of us who would much rather have the flavour of female than the actuality.

No-one is lesser or greater in their degree. You are who you are - and, dammit, we love you for it!

Viva la difference.

Rae xx

ps: I'm me. I want to be me. That 'me' may have more or less female virtues and physical attributes. Who cares???

Be you. Because your worth it. xx
    • 2573 posts
    February 15, 2008 5:47 PM GMT
    Having lived most of my life imitating stereotypical, alpha males, I find it quite natural that some MtFs will imitate stereotypical females. It's not like they had anywhere to go to take a "train to behave like a woman" class..........although such "schools" are out there, the best being fairly expensive.
    • 734 posts
    February 16, 2008 1:09 AM GMT
    lol, Joelle, no worries.

I do think its quite a pertinent point that many gg's have a head start. They're learning from a very early age how to act / dress female. Many in our community are coming into it at a late stage - there's a lot of catch-up to be done.

And, of course, there are those who relish in portraying the stereotype. We are all absolutely different and individual.

The important thing is that more and more people are doing it. Thats what will eventually make acceptance a more readily available factor.

Whatever you do, however you do it - be proud and confident of who you are.

Much love

Rae xx