Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » The Australian Forum » Hello Australian women

Hello Australian women

Tags : None
  • Boy, what a sleepy ol' forum this is!
    I'm an Aussie girl living in Melbourne. If anyone wants to communicate re anything don't hesitate to do so.
    THE WOMAN INSIDE
      March 5, 2008 8:53 AM GMT
  • I find the same thing with the German forum Shayla. It's mostly because people use the other forums instead, depending upon what they are posting. For exampley, if an Aussie girl has something on make up that they want to discuss, they post in the Make Up forum rather than in here.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      March 5, 2008 12:15 PM GMT
  • I guess that makes sense Nikki. The national forums work best then when content is parochial.

I'll think of something...

THE WOMAN INSIDE
      March 6, 2008 8:07 AM GMT
  • Hello Shayla
    welcome along, this is my third attempt to post a reply, might be half the problem of lack of response to aussie forum, a really pathetic intenet connection, cant afford the so called government guaranteed
    adsl connection for rural areas. over twice what I'm paying for lousy dial up, took me over 20 mins to to be able to post this reply
    enough whinging, just enjoy being a girl & if I get down your way I'll try to get in touch
    love
    Terri
    Terri Ryan
      March 26, 2008 9:41 AM GMT

• Good on ya, Terri,

Your persistence and determination to get your posting here, against all the odds, is a great example of just how determined all of us here have to be, sometimes, to live our lives as we want, occassionally battling against all the barriers and problems put in our way!

Hope your determination doesn't falter, and we hear from you again, soon!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    What matter if I stand alone? I wait with joy the coming years; My heart shall reap where it has sown, And garner up it's fruit of tears.
      March 26, 2008 9:54 AM GMT
  • Hi all, just got back fron a trip up northen NSW. At a small town along the way I saw a sign which boasted "Free Internet " . Aparently the whole town has free access. Not saying much if it's all dial up though hey Terri? LOL.
    THE WOMAN INSIDE
      April 3, 2008 10:00 AM BST
  • I think the phone lines must have dried out a bit since the february rains, not dropping out as much lately but still bloody sloooow. like the idea of free access!
    give me a hoy if your'e coming up this way again, very cheap accomodation at chez ryan
    lol
    Terri
    Terri Ryan
      April 6, 2008 12:41 PM BST
  • To carry on from Nikki's contribution..........it seems to me that most of the people on TW are expats,so that's probably why the german and french sites are soooooo boring.

Lynn H.
    "It ain't what you do,it's the way that you do it............and that's what gets results!"
      April 7, 2008 7:43 PM BST
  • Hi Shayla I know what you mean I've posted stuff on the aussie forum and never got a response. I've found that if you have something to say to say it here as you always get a response in this forum. PS it's great to see a fellow victorian in here glad Im not the only one lol xxxooo.
      April 8, 2008 2:04 AM BST
  • Hi Renee, no your not the only one by far! I will be going to a meeting of the Seahorse club this Sat night to meet up with like minded girls. I'm nervous as hell but looking forward to it too. Have you, or any one else for that matter, ever been?
    p.s. Will look you up terri when next I venture into our vast continent

THE WOMAN INSIDE
      April 8, 2008 9:24 AM BST
  • Hi shayla No Ive never been would love to go but I live 2.5 hrs from melb Its great to hear your going (very Brave Well done!) I hope it all goes well for you best of luck and wishes xxxooo
      April 8, 2008 12:08 PM BST
  • Hi Renee'....I chickened out at the last minute! I had it all lined up, did the screening interview etc., had an outfit all ready, but I piked at the last minute. I still want to attend, just need to get the right mindset happening. Can't rush these things I guess.

S
    THE WOMAN INSIDE
      May 1, 2008 8:50 AM BST
  • G'day Shayla
    don't sweat it , just do as you feel comfortable with
    love
    Terri
    Terri Ryan
      May 4, 2008 1:05 PM BST
  • Hi Selena, i don't think you would have any problems at allif you went out but i understand the enormity of the decision, most of the girls i have spoken to have felt comfortable with a group and it also gives you support when you need it.

I'm still confronting my fears about venturing out, all in good time i guess, i do wish you the best and hope all goes well and you have a wonderful time when you are able to go forth,
    Stephanie.
      March 4, 2010 7:56 PM GMT
  • Hi! Girls,

I'm new to the forum and can't get enough of everyones chit on anything/ everything.

I guess I've been trying to find someone else on here just like me to find out whether I'm okay or just being dumb.

Oh how I ache as there isn't another me but you do all help me feel like I belong. Thankyou.....

It'd be easier believing I'm a perverted weirdo and I've tried many times convincing myself of just that and getting on with life, but the real me is always barely a scratch below the surface.

I can't say that I ever had a concious thought way back that I was a woman trapped in a mans body. It was always much more subtle than that and my immature mind never really connected the dots.

Mum always smelt so nice and was soooo soft. Why did the girls get the pretty hair dresses and shoes. I was totally immune to girl germs and had more girl playmates than boys and the play was always girl orientated. Dolls houses really were fun. The anatomy lessons on the woodshed roof were always about what the girls had beneath their dresses. No one wanted to know what I had inside my shorts and i didn't care because I only ever wanted what they had.

Since those earliest times life has just evolved with barely a concious thought.

I outed to my wife who eventually outed me to the world in a number of different courts. This taught me that in general society will accept me for who I am as i was determined not to be ashamed or apoligise to anyone ever for it. Let's not get confused here either as neither will they embrace you with open arms which just suits me fine as I am left to get on with being me. I'll never forget the Judge in the Family Law Court interrupting me in a cross examination by asking my ex why she married me when she knew i was a cross dresser beforehand. She denied it but after having worked in the court system for a number of years i had a magistrate tell me that he could instantly tell when someone was lying. They are lied to everyday but what this Judge asked showed me that even the most conservative sections of society respect the truth and respected me for what I was. It had been accepted as fact and at no time was I ever ridiculed.

Enough of that.

Today i'm a very ambiguos male/female in public and do get lots of looks as I just about don't own any male clothing anymore except for work clothes as I work in a factory. It took sometime being accepted at work after the first pieces of pink and lace peeked out from beneath my work clothes. Lots of quizzicle looks and questions but I've come to realise that many men have another hidden side to them with the prevelence of satin boxers now especially amongst gen y. Admittedly they have to have some absolutely inane cartoon character splashed all over them for them to be openly accepted but they too obviously don't like the horse rugs that are called mens underwear. Whatever manufacturer works this out first will make a killing.

Perhaps I should start my own mens and womens clothing lines. I've always been very aware of what others wore and usually find myself being highly critical especially of what women are wearing. So many women seem to be hell bent on dressing like a man. I have a niece that doesn't own a dress or skirt and is a captain in the army. I'm so jealous that they can be given what they've got and then fritter it away denying the fantastic world of womens clothes. Is there anything more comfortable than a soft flowing dress? If I were thirty years younger I'd have a closet full of those beautiful flirty short pleated skirts. Dream on.

Another conundrum in my life is that I also only have a motor bike for transport. By choice. A big one too so the next one that flies past may well be wearing thigh highs lace and a c cup. I don't often go out fully dressed as I haven't got even close to working out how to remove a helmet leaving a wig looking like anything other than a dish mop. Helmet hair!!!!! I often cheat though and just leave the helmet on riding around. I've just picked up a lovely polo dress that I can't wait to ride out in.

Ive read a lot through the forum that many find it difficult buying whatever they want a la femme. From my experience and I've had plenty I find that just about anywhere is good enough. I used to enter stores and try and pass off whatever I was buying as being for a wife or girlfriend and that the more I said the less believable I was but I was never shown any discourtesy by shop assistants. Most seemed to find me a fun curiosity and would go out of their way to be helpful. These days I don't offer an explanation or try any sort of charade and just talk to them about what I'm after and I've yet to find them as anything other than helpful. Some don't twig straight away but when I ask to try something on the light goes on. Don't be ashamed or apologetic and always be polite by asking and they can't do enough for you. It's actually easier having them assist rather than trying to find anything on a packed clothes rack.

The last things I bought were 2 pairs of stretch bootlegs from jeanswest and I just walked in and picked them out myself and paid for them at the counter. I've got a pair of Ariat Westlake clogs coming that are a wide fit that'll be fantastic with the jeans. Check them out girls.

Anyway life has evolved and I am determined to find a job other than in a factory grow my hair and change over forever. Life is good although sad movies always make me cry.

Sorry for this turning into an epic. It all just sort of flowed out.

Only you girls will realise how badly I've wanted to tell this story.

Thankyou all..............

Is anyone on here well connected enough to get the new Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard a makeover. I cringe everytime I see her.

November 6, 2010 9:21 AM GMT
  • Hi Toni,

we're lucky here in NSW. NSW Labor may be really terrible but at least Kristina is waaaaaay cuter than Anna Bligh :)
    To love what one has is to be resigned to never get what one wants. Natalie Clifford Barney.
      November 6, 2010 12:00 PM GMT
  • Any poofters?
      November 6, 2010 3:12 PM GMT
  • Hey all, I'm from Perth ^_^

June 17, 2011 9:38 PM BST
  • Hiya girls,

I'm from Sydney. I've just joined Gender Society although I've been around as a "sometimes-public crossdressing transgendered girl" for many years.

Let's see if we can get the Australian Forum buzzing.

Hugs

Didi (or Dee)

June 24, 2011 1:02 PM BST
  • Hi neighbor I'm in Canberra

June 29, 2011 4:04 AM BST
  • Hellooooooo Howard !!

Great to meet you, neighbour.

A few years back I lived in Canberra for about 6 months....was a regular visitor to several of the lovely cocktail lounges/bars.

I was even the "resident tranny" at one of them, Knightsbridge Penthouse....don't know if it's still in existence.

Hugs

Didi

June 29, 2011 11:42 AM BST
  • Hi everyone- good to see some aussies out there- I'm from Sydney :)
      July 21, 2012 2:47 AM BST
  • Hello girls I'm from melbourne
      April 28, 2013 3:06 AM BST
  • Hi Felicity

Welcome to GS.

My old stomping ground is Williamstown.

I do miss the old Peninsula, I've really not been back since 1990, maybe I will return one day.

I look forward to hearing all about Melbourne in 2013.

Chalice   

April 28, 2013 7:25 AM BST