My Transcendental Dialectic

• 22 posts
    March 20, 2008 7:27 PM GMT
    OK! Now all I need to know is where and how one initiates a personal blog. That makes a lot of

sense to me. I was under the impression that "blogs" and individual "Tranny Logs" were the same

thing, and since I have reverted to basic membership status I am no longer afforded the extra feature

of keeping a log or diary here. If I am mistaken and creating a "blog/log/diary" is still a viable option, I

simply need instruction in how to go about doing so! I appreciate the trouble you all took to steer me

toward a more appropriate venue for this sort of blather, but I confess to being a rank amateur with

computers and websites and blogs and such, and I still require a gently guiding hand much of the

time. So... if someone would kindly walk me through the procedure to initiate my own bile-ridden,

primal scream riddled, finger-pointing, blame-filled blog, I would be quite grateful!

XOXO, amanda
    • 22 posts
    March 20, 2008 2:11 PM GMT
    Greetings One & All!

My name is amandalavender. I am in my 4th month of HRT. I hope to transition completely in the

next few years - the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. Yet lately, conflicted emotions and

self-doubt have been plagueing me in my quest - in large part due to the crackerjack job my father

did instilling me with a negative self-image. In spite of the fact that he has been gone more than thirty

years, my psychoanalyst suggested that I write a letter to him in an effort to resolve my anger and

hopefully expunge the residual self-loathing his abusive parenting left in my spirit. After some careful

consideration, I thought why not create a thread to achieve that goal? After all, I have no secrets any

longer, and feedback from the members of TW could prove helpful should any of you out there care

to respond. In essence, I suppose I'm asking permission to blorf a bunch of personal bile, angst,

resentment, and righteous indignation here... if it seems like an idea that needs re-thinking, please

let me know. Perhaps one of the Forum's Moderators would be kind enough to inform me if I would

be exceeding the parameters of the Forum's capacity in this endeavour. Sincerely,

amanda
    • 171 posts
    March 20, 2008 2:43 PM GMT
    Amanda

Not sure whether you'd be exceeding the capacity of the Forum - I suspect it has no bounds, but I do wonder whether you proposed 'blorf' (?) would result in a positive outcome. Isn't there a risk that by inviting responses to difficult personal issues, that this may only exacerbate your existing opinions on each issue? If a topic requires cranking-up, then this is the place..
    I suspect that everyone here would wish to provide you support and advice, but I think the personal bile, angst, resentment and indignation is just that; personal.
    I think that it's much better to construct a thread that enables us to respond considerately and postively.

Rachel
    • 22 posts
    March 21, 2008 4:57 AM GMT
    Thanks Nikki, I still feel like a bull in a china shop with this computer, but I'm determined not to let it get the best of me. I would encourage you to visit Carren's 'song of the day' thread as I see you are musically inclined. There you can catch a video of Carolyn Wonderland which Carren kindly supplied a link for. Carolyn is going to be interviewed for GUITAR PLAYER magazine, and you can catch her live in Amsterdam in April. Thanks again for your help,

sincerely, amanda
    • 1652 posts
    March 20, 2008 3:38 PM GMT
    Blorf is a great word!
    I wouldn't have thought the moderators would mind you doing it here, but I also think your blog would be a better place to do it, unless you specifically want it to become a topic for discussion.
    Writing the letter should have the desired effect, other people ripping it to pieces may not help at all.
    xx
    • 2017 posts
    March 20, 2008 7:36 PM GMT
    Hi Amanda, to access your blog, use the pink drop down menus, 'Communtiy Features' and then select 'Trannyblogger' which will take you to your personal blog page. Once there, click on 'Post message' and start typing. At the end of it, press 'save'.

The blog is a better place to air more personal issue I feel, others can access it and leave messages but it is a lot less public than the forums which might stir up some unwanted responses.

Best of luck,

Nikki