Places to Avoid !

• 315 posts
    April 5, 2008 12:49 AM BST

Hi Girls,

Here's some places in the world you might wish to avoid !!
    (Apologies to any of you who might happen to live in any of them !!).

Arsoli .................................................................. Italy.
    Bald Knob ......................................................... Arkansas.
    Bastard .............................................................. Norway.
    Belcher .............................................................. New York.
    Big Beaver ........................................................ Pennsylvania.
    Blueballs .......................................................... Pennsylvania.
    Bollock .............................................................. Philippines.
    Bottom .............................................................. North Carolina.
    Brown Willy ...................................................... Cornwall.
    Bum ................................................................... Azerbaijan.
    Bumbang .......................................................... Australia.
    Climax ................................................................ North Carolina.
    Clit ....................................................................... Romania.
    Condom ............................................................. France.
    Crap .................................................................... Albania.
    Crotch Lake ....................................................... Ontario.
    Cuckoo's Knob ................................................. Wiltshire.
    Cum .................................................................... Nicaragua.
    C**t ...................................................................... Turkey.
    Dick ..................................................................... Colorado.
    Diksh*t ................................................................ India.
    Dildo .................................................................... Newfoundland.
    Dong Rack ......................................................... Thailand.
    Dump .................................................................. Jamaica.
    Erect .................................................................... North Carolina.
    Fanny .................................................................. West Virginia.
    F**king ................................................................ Austria.
    Hooker ................................................................ Arkansas.
    Intercourse ......................................................... Pennsylvania.
    Knoblick .............................................................. Arizona.
    Labia .................................................................... Belgium.
    Lickey End .......................................................... West Midlands.
    Minge ................................................................... Lithuania.
    Muff ...................................................................... Northern Ireland.
    Poo ...................................................................... India.
    Probe .................................................................. Utah.
    Pussy .................................................................. France.
    Semen ................................................................ Bulgaria.
    Shaft .................................................................... Pennsylvania.
    Shag Island ........................................................ Indian Ocean.
    Sh*t ...................................................................... Iran.
    Sh*te Creek ........................................................ Idaho.
    Slut ....................................................................... Sweden.
    Tampon ............................................................... Reunion.
    Tit .......................................................................... Algeria.
    Turdo .................................................................... Romania.
    Twatt ..................................................................... Shetlands.
    Urin ....................................................................... Papua New Guinea.
    Vagina .................................................................. Russia.
    W*nk ..................................................................... Germany.
    W*nkers Corner ................................................. Oregon.
    Wet Beaver Creek .............................................. Australia.

Honestly, these are all genuine place names !!!

I don't know how anyone living in any of them can "get on-line", as, when I previously tried to post them, the post was rejected, for containing "un-acceptable content" ( thus the stars replacing some letters).
    If you lived in one of these places, howwould you ever be able to enter your address on-line, if the computer keeps rejecting your Town-name ??? !!!

Anyway, hope they give you a chuckle.
    And to anyone who lives in any of them ..................... You have my, heart-felt sympathy !!!!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 364 posts
    April 5, 2008 6:24 AM BST
    Angela

You of all people! Muff is in Co Donegal. LOL
    • 315 posts
    April 5, 2008 8:43 AM BST

Hi Joanne,

Mea Culpa !!!!!

You're right !! How could I have got that one, of all, wrong ??? !!!

My only excuse is that, it's so near the border between Northern & Southern Ireland, and these days, the border, as such, is non-existant ( you wouldn't even know when you've crossed it !! ), that, the last time I drove through it, I thought I was in Northern Ireland !

But, congratulations on your knowledge of our Country, and thanks for being "eagle-eyed" and catching my mistake !!

P'S. You don't, by any chance, work as a Proof-Reader ?
    If not, there's a whole, new career for you there, maybe !!! lol.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 364 posts
    April 5, 2008 11:58 AM BST
    Hi Angela

I am very familiar with the area where my late wife was born.

• 67 posts
    April 5, 2008 1:59 PM BST

wet beaver creek PMSL..........

Vikki xx

• 315 posts
    April 6, 2008 6:18 PM BST

Hi Girls,

Thanks for the couple of additions !!

Anna-Marie ..... as I said, they are all genuine place names, believe it or not !!
    Truely, W*nk does exist !!!

Karen, you tell us that Hell is in Michigan !
    Are you "passing a view" on Michigan? Some of our sisters might disagree !!!
    But seriously Karen, you telling us that, got me "off on another search", for more oddly named places in the US.
    So, here they are ...............................

Aces of Diamonds .......................................................... Florida.
    Bald Head ......................................................................... Maine.
    Ben Hur .............................................................................. Texas.
    Big Sandy .......................................................................... Wyoming.
    Boring ................................................................................ Oregon.
    Disco ................................................................................. Tennessee.
    Dismal .............................................................................. Tennessee.
    Eek .................................................................................... Alaska.
    Embarrass ...................................................................... Minnesota.
    Fearnot ............................................................................. Pennsylvania.
    Fifty-Six ............................................................................. Arkansas.
    Hell .................................................................................... Michigan. (thanks Karen).
    Hot Coffee ....................................................................... Mississippi.
    Jupiter .............................................................................. Florida.
    Lollipop ............................................................................ Texas.
    Mars .................................................................................. Pennsylvania.
    Monkey's Elbow ............................................................. Kentucky.
    No Name ......................................................................... Colorado.
    Normal ............................................................................. Illinois.
    Odd ................................................................................... West Virginia.
    Ogle .................................................................................. Kentucky.
    Okay .................................................................................. Oklahoma.
    Panic ................................................................................ Pennsylvania.
    Peculiar ............................................................................ Missouri.
    Romance ......................................................................... Arkansas.
    Toad Suck ........................................................................ Arkansas.
    Uncertain ......................................................................... Texas.
    Zzyzx .................................................................................. California.

Of course. these are all genuine places in the US.
    But, just in case our UK/European sisters think that names like these would never happen here, don't you believe it !!!!
    I'm working on a list of them at the moment, and there are some real "corkers" !!!

Any additions, please post them, and, in case I miss some, if there's any UK/European ones you know of, post them in as well!

Hope you enjoy these, in the mean-time!

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.

• 315 posts
    April 6, 2008 8:07 PM BST

BTW, Joanne,

What part of the "North West" was your late wife from ?

It's a beautiful part of the country, and I, occassionally, get the chance to go up there, and have a bit of a break from the "hectic" pace of Dublin.

Hugs,
    Angela. xx.
    • 364 posts
    April 6, 2008 9:15 PM BST
    Between the Swilly and the Foyle

Hugs
    Joanne
    • 404 posts
    April 6, 2008 9:47 PM BST
    .......Take two............supersensitive prudishness and PC here.........

F***ing has very uninformative website.........www.f***ing.at (WITHOUT the stars!)

W*nker(I)
    W*ankham(G)
    Wet-C***s(B)
    My-Anus(USA)

Focking(D)-------------for dialect/slang speakers
    Piddletrenthide (GB)
    Pissen(D)
    Titz(D)

if Typhoo put the 'T' in Great Britain......then who put the c*** in Sc***horpe??????

now lets see what the ******** censor does

Lynn H.

PS:for those who can read and understand german:

www.die-seite.at/special/orte/ortsnamen.php

has a few non-english examples.
    • 404 posts
    April 7, 2008 7:23 PM BST
    .........meanwhile,back at the ranch.....................

Girls with Lois as their christian name should perhaps consider avoiding...........Weedon Lois(Northants)

The only problem with this thread is that the inhabitants of non-english speaking countries have absolutely no problem with place names like F***ing (apart from the name board being continually stolen).To try and balance things out a bit I've looked through an old AA road atlas to see if I could find anything which might cause Germans,for example, to have a good snigger:-----------------------------------------

Tittensor (Staffs) -------------- speaks for itself

Mosedale (Cumbria?)--------Mose is german slang for 'c***'

Geilston (Scotland)------------Geil has many meanings,one of which is 'randy'

over to you,

Lynn H.

• April 13, 2008 6:48 PM BST
    Here's two in Georgia (the US state):

C*mming and Intercourse.
    • 2068 posts
    April 5, 2008 1:27 AM BST
    Angela hon....i almost WET meself laughing at this lot its that good. Pity the poor sods that actually LIVE there!

Lol xxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2017 posts
    April 5, 2008 2:50 PM BST
    I confess, I have been to W*nk, ewwww, if only I had known at the time.

Nikki
    • 2068 posts
    April 5, 2008 11:04 PM BST
    nikki you mean to tell me that w*nk actually exists........pmsl.

Lol xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2627 posts
    April 6, 2008 1:11 AM BST
    Hell is right here in Michigan.
    Hell
    • 734 posts
    April 6, 2008 4:39 AM BST

... and I'd hate to give out my address if I lived in a Dorset village with the street name Sh*tterton!

Much love

Rae xx