My first night "out"

• 62 posts
    April 10, 2008 6:04 PM BST
    Well I have two people that I have come out to which would be my SO, Cindi and a gay friend of mine, Matt. Matt really wanted to take us out and show us to some GLBT friendly/focused clubs near Dallas and it sounded fun.

So we went to pick him up, I got all dressed up, and we headed out.

It was soo much fun! It was a wednesday night so it wasn't packed but there was still a pretty big crowd. A little dancing, a little drinking, and there was a drag show going on. I've never seen one before so it was very exciting and interesting. All of them were so beautiful and you couldn't tell at all. They were all very good entertainers and very nice. One twirled me around and another talked to Cindi and I briefly about our relationship. It was a nice experience. And as Cindi is the casual observer, she said I passed pretty much the whole time which was a confidence booster.

Now I just need to practice more and more on my voice.

~~~

But it was a great experience. Being able to go out like that with 2 people I really trusted and enjoyed being with was wonderful. It felt so natural and there was no pressure or worries at all (well maybe a little...).

Matt made me giggle and happy when he said he could understand Cindi and I better like this. I'm glad I was brave enough to do it as it really helped me confidence. Being able to go out in public in a accepting environment with people who support you is a great way to spend your first time "out".

And confidence does play a big part in it. I was having fun because I wasn't worrying about what other people thought, because I knew who I was and I acted how I felt like acting. Thats all there is to it!

I apologize for my rambling, but I am very excited and proud of myself, and I just needed an outlet for all my joy.

Hope all you gals are having a great day!
    • 62 posts
    April 11, 2008 5:10 AM BST
    Thanks for all the comments, gals! It means a lot.

And yes, Nikki, that genie won't be getting bottled up anymore. With every step I take, I'm realizing more about myself and what kind of life I want to lead.

On the note of friends and TW, its true. If I didnt have atleast those two friends to support me and stand beside me or TW to meet all you wonderful ladies and receive support, advice, and friendship from; it'd be a LOT harder. I am very fortunate, indeed.

(Btw, Cindi and I had our make-up lesson at MAC today. She even made me do half of my make-up. It was a great experience and I will post pictures soon!
  • April 10, 2008 7:35 PM BST
    Hi Angelyn
    Glad to hear of your night out being so nice.
    My first proper night out was to Manchester's Canal Street..UK's busiest TG scene. I met a group of other TG and let them led the way and just enjoyed being able to be myself without any hassles. Second time I went I was late and the group had gone so I had to walk the length of Canal St by myself..but just took a deep breath and set off and again no hassles...felt great and never looked back.

• 2627 posts
    April 10, 2008 7:50 PM BST
    That sounds great! I never made past driving around in my car alone.
    But than I never had TW or friends to help. Maybe someday.
    Good for you hun!!!
    • 2017 posts
    April 10, 2008 8:04 PM BST
    You have every right to be excited Angelyn, good for you girl. I guarantee it wasn't even nearly as scary as you thought it would be either.

You do realise of course, that there's no stopping you now. You can't put the genie back in the bottle! And you won't want to either!

Nikki
    • 2068 posts
    April 10, 2008 10:32 PM BST
    Way to GO girl........here's to lots more nights out for you hon cos you've done the hardest thing already in taking those first steps outside.

Am Well proud of you hon!

Lol xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2068 posts
    April 10, 2008 10:32 PM BST
    Way to GO girl........here's to lots more nights out for you hon cos you've done the hardest thing already in taking those first steps outside.

Am Well proud of you hon!

Lol xxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie